PDA

View Full Version : Cals In vs Cals Out ?

CBates
01-09-2002, 11:31 AM
I have a question concerning cals in vs cals out to actually gain/lose/maintain weight.. A lot of people will say in the end it just comes down to cals in vs cals out. If that's the case why do some recommend keeping fats and carbs separated?? Also would there not be any kind of fat gain if somebody ate 2000 cals of cookies a day instead of 2000 cals of high protein/med fat/ med carbs?

ElPietro
01-09-2002, 12:31 PM
Overall weight and overall bodyfat are entirely different. Cals in versus cals out will keep your weight constant but whether you turn into a fata$$ at 200lbs or a chiseled 200lbs it will not.

Pup
01-09-2002, 01:11 PM
For one thing, if you ate 2000 calories of cookies, you'd be one hungry mofo. Carbs makes a difference because of insulin response, when you get a spike, your fat stores are open, so you put on more fat. In the end it does come to cals in vs cals out, but you still need a good balance of macronutrients (carbs being the exception) to build lean muscle and shed bodyfat.

The_Chicken_Daddy
01-09-2002, 01:40 PM
yes to both of the above.

it is cals in versus cals out, but constantly high insulin levels make burning fat a bitch.

I also separate fat and carbs because i only eat carbs in 2-3 meals of the day, and meals with only protein digest too fast for my liking, so i spread my daily fat allocation out over the protein meals to slow digestion. If i ate fat with my carbs then i wouldn;t have as much for later in the day to go with my protein.

CBates
01-09-2002, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by just_a_pup
For one thing, if you ate 2000 calories of cookies, you'd be one hungry mofo. Carbs makes a difference because of insulin response, when you get a spike, your fat stores are open, so you put on more fat. In the end it does come to cals in vs cals out, but you still need a good balance of macronutrients (carbs being the exception) to build lean muscle and shed bodyfat.

I see now. Thanks