PDA

View Full Version : New diet...please critque

theVict1m
01-22-2006, 12:19 PM
Protein: chicken breast, steak, eggs whites, turkey, various fish, whey etc...
complex carb: brown rice, sweet potato, oats
fibrous carb: broccoli, spinach, other green leafy veggies
efa: flax oil, fish oils, (salmon, sardines, mackarel and other fatty fish can also fill both protein and efa requirements)

I found that on other site...so I'm trying to go off that.

Breakfast:
Oats
Cottage Cheese
whey protein(30 grams)
water

meal two:
two peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches OR two turkey breast sandwhichs
Apple
water

meal three:
*enter something here* lol
Yogurt
whey protein(30 grams)
water

workout

Meal four:
Salmon/Steak/Chicken Breast/Turkey/Any other kind of fish
brocolli, spinach, or 2 baked potatoes
flax seed oil or fish oil or olive oil
2 glasses of water

Meal five:
cottage cheese
oats

How is that? I still have to use the custom foods thing on FitDay so I'll do all the numbers if this is a good bulk. Anything I should take out? Anything I should add?

Built
01-22-2006, 02:53 PM
Macros? Goals? Your LBM and approx % bodyfat?

theVict1m
01-22-2006, 04:20 PM
Macros? Goals? Your LBM and approx % bodyfat?

I haven't purchased anything weightlifting related besides whey protein. So I need calipers for body fat right?

Marcos?

My goal is about 20 pounds by summer. LBM?

Built
01-22-2006, 04:32 PM
Gaining, or losing?

Just a ballpark of your bodyfat is fine.

Also, your calories, grams of protein, carb, fat ...

theVict1m
01-22-2006, 07:29 PM
Definitely gaining. I'll give the macros once I start using the custom foods thing on FitDay. I just wanted to know if this diet would be ok for a bulk...then I'll figure out serving size and whatnot to reach my calorie intake level. I took a test on another weightlifting site and found that I need 2300 calories a day to maintain my weight. So I'll start with 2500 calories and then work my way up until I see the gains I want to see?

Do I need any equipment to get a ballpark of body fat? Or do you calculate stuff to get it?

Built
01-22-2006, 07:33 PM
Nobody can tell you how much you need to eat to gain - you find YOUR maint cals on fitday, then add extra to this total in order to gain.

Are you fairly lean now?

theVict1m
01-25-2006, 03:57 PM
Nobody can tell you how much you need to eat to gain - you find YOUR maint cals on fitday, then add extra to this total in order to gain.

Are you fairly lean now?

Yes, I'm pretty lean. Pretty much skinny as a rail.

Like I said, I was just wondering if this is the right foods I should be eating. I've said a couple of times on here, I don't want to be a bodybuilder. Don't care about low body fat or having a six pack or being totally ripped. I just want to LOOK bigger. Simple as that.

brickt.
01-25-2006, 04:23 PM
I've said a couple of times on here, I don't want to be a bodybuilder. Don't care about low body fat or having a six pack or being totally ripped. I just want to LOOK bigger. Simple as that.

Lift heavy on compounds, eat a ****-ton of quality foods, sleep enough, you'll get bigger. Simple as that.

Built
01-25-2006, 05:46 PM
:withstupi

theVict1m
01-25-2006, 05:51 PM
Lift heavy on compounds, eat a ****-ton of quality foods, sleep enough, you'll get bigger. Simple as that.

Well, I can't lift too heavy on squats because I don't have a power rack at home. I just have a semi-power rack (the columns of the weight bench extend higher), but I think I remember Built saying that this would be ok?

Built
01-25-2006, 05:52 PM
Can you get under it and get the bar on your trap?

theVict1m
01-25-2006, 07:12 PM
Standing completely upright I can't. I just have to crouch down a little bit to get it on my trap. It's about 5 foot 5 inches...maybe a little less...and I'm 6 foot tall.

I do eventually want to join a gym, but I'd like to lift at home first for a while.

Built
01-25-2006, 07:17 PM
Okay, you likely won't be able to load up the bar, but you CAN do:

Lunges
Split squats
Bulgarian split squats
Front squats
and the dreaded Walking Lunges

Any and all of these will work your quads something fierce.

brickt.
01-25-2006, 09:38 PM
Okay, you likely won't be able to load up the bar, but you CAN do:

Lunges
Split squats
Bulgarian split squats
Front squats
and the dreaded Walking Lunges

Any and all of these will work your quads something fierce.

Screw walking lunges, these can burn in hell. :cry: