PDA

View Full Version : You Are What You Eat - Part II by Tony Gentilcore - Jan 22nd 2006

Joe Black
01-22-2006, 01:22 PM
Learn how to choose the right foods so what you eat will dictate a positive outcome in terms of body composition and muscle gain! In Part II, Tony covers protein and fat in depth.

http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=251

Enjoy and discuss!

TKoziol
02-07-2006, 01:07 PM
That was a very informative article. I'm still new to all this nutrition stuff, so I was left a little confused. Would anyone mind giving an example of there 5-6 meals they eat in a day and why each meal is eaten (i.e. for carbs, fats, etc)

thanks and great article

Tony G
02-08-2006, 10:10 AM
That was a very informative article. I'm still new to all this nutrition stuff, so I was left a little confused. Would anyone mind giving an example of there 5-6 meals they eat in a day and why each meal is eaten (i.e. for carbs, fats, etc)

thanks and great article

When it comes to nutrient timing, I typically structure everything around two factors:

1. When someone's training time is.
2. Whether or not it's a training day or a non-training day.

If you can give me some idea as to what time of the day you typically train, I can give a brief example of how I would set something up.

Premise being: you want to get the bulk of your kcals (particularily carbs) at times when your body will use them (usually breakfast and/or post-training). People often neglect the importance of hormonal factors when it comes to addiing/losing muscle or adding/losing fat. How you eat and how you structure your meals will play a HUGE role as to how your body will respond.