PDA

View Full Version : Egg Whites

eatit
01-22-2006, 05:14 PM
I'm a uni student with access to only a microwave and a fridge for food prep. I was wondering if anyone had an advice on how to eat these things in the most delicious way possible....

it'll save me from this idea:

whites, scoop of whey, oats, stir and eat and like cereal.

ddegroff
01-22-2006, 09:51 PM
you can microwave eggs... never done it just read about it, try it out

Spartacus
01-22-2006, 10:03 PM
boil some water in the microwave, then use to poach the eggs

eatit
01-23-2006, 10:04 AM
well, i tried mixing one scoop chocolate whey with about a third of one of those 500g containers. mixed it all up and then threw it in the microwave for a minute and a half. And in all honesty something somewhat edible came out. Next time i'll just need to remember to do two fourty five second sections because it looked like it could have been stirred.

Scooter
01-23-2006, 11:33 AM
I pour about a cup of egg whites into a bowl and put it in the microwave for 2 minutes. When it comes out it's shaped perfectly to fit on a whole wheat bagel :micro:

eatit
01-23-2006, 12:19 PM
i just did it again for a post workout meal. And had the timing down a bit better and i have to say it tastes like a really bad chocolate cake. But hey... it still tastes like a chocolate cake.

I've been trying to get away from constantly having liquid meals (shakes) because they don't seem to fill me up quite the same. And the nutritional value on these egg beaters is amazing.

BIGGA
03-20-2006, 04:56 PM
i just did it again for a post workout meal. And had the timing down a bit better and i have to say it tastes like a really bad chocolate cake. But hey... it still tastes like a chocolate cake.

I've been trying to get away from constantly having liquid meals (shakes) because they don't seem to fill me up quite the same. And the nutritional value on these egg beaters is amazing.

GOOD IDEA DUDE...........THANKS!

fattyniebs
03-23-2006, 12:12 AM
I pour about a cup of egg whites into a bowl and put it in the microwave for 2 minutes. When it comes out it's shaped perfectly to fit on a whole wheat bagel :micro:
Scooters got it with the eggs man. They come out just as if you cooked them on the skillet...

As for the oats and whey, combine the two and make some chocolate oatmeal. I feel it's the only way to eat cooked oats.

brickt.
03-23-2006, 03:29 AM
boil some water in the microwave, then use to poach the eggs

OMG. Are you serious?

So, you, like... boil water, and crack eggs in? That's so simple, and I thought I had ghetto food making owange down pat.

****!

Jorge Sanchez
03-27-2006, 07:08 PM
Eggs and chocolate whey does not sounds very appealing. What possessed you to try that?

gator
03-27-2006, 10:11 PM
Do most people hear get egg whites from liquid, or do you jsut buy the eggs? I just got a microwave in my dorm and I would be very interested in a way to incorporate eggs into my diet.

getfit
03-28-2006, 02:00 AM
Do most people hear get egg whites from liquid, or do you jsut buy the eggs? I just got a microwave in my dorm and I would be very interested in a way to incorporate eggs into my diet.
i get egg whites in a carton

samj
03-28-2006, 09:50 AM
buy pickled eggs

getfit
03-28-2006, 11:26 AM
buy pickled eggs
sorry, but ewwww

WORLD
03-28-2006, 09:52 PM
fry egg whites, then after you put it in your bowl, pour half a cup of cottage cheese on top. mmm

ReDo
03-28-2006, 10:54 PM
fry egg whites, then after you put it in your bowl, pour half a cup of cottage cheese on top. mmm

That was my breakfast from the time I was 15 'til 19 everyday. 4 to 6 egg whites, a cup of lowfat cottage cheese and two pieces of toast. Scoop the eggwhites a cottage cheese on the toast and eat like a halfassed burrito. Damn good. :nod:

I'm just gettin' back in to it so I haven't incorporated this diet religiously just yet. Been eating about 3-4 egg whites for breakfast. While they're cooking I eat a kiwi by itself and cut up a banana and eat that in my oatmeal. Been feelin' pretty good lately even if I am crapping 3 times a day.

Sidior
04-04-2006, 04:40 AM

awesome idea!