PDA

View Full Version : wasn't sure to post or not, full body shot, need help with waist!!

imageD
01-22-2006, 10:58 PM
Hi guys (and gals), as you can see I decided to post a full body picture. Wasn't sure or not to do it as I am very fat in bulk right now and my waist is going out of control! It's around 34" and I can barely fit in my pants. How do you all control your waist on a bulk, if you even worry about it at all? THanks and any comments are appreciated.

5'10, 20 y.o 190lbs

http://images6.theimagehosting.com/wbbimg003.jpg (http://www.theimagehosting.com)

getfit
01-22-2006, 11:39 PM
first off you're not fat at all!

Built
01-22-2006, 11:40 PM
Nope - not fat. Looks like your bulk is going well!

Nice!

imageD
01-22-2006, 11:44 PM
well folks, I know how I feel, when I was cutting I felt much better, I didn't feel so bloated and my waist was in check. Basically the only significant fat I am consuming during the day is coming from peanut butter. I was just looking for tips on controlling BF was bulking. Would you recommend doing at HIIT cardio or anything? thanks!

Built
01-22-2006, 11:55 PM
You can't cut and bulk. All you can do is slow the weight gain if too much of it is going into fat.

imageD
01-22-2006, 11:56 PM
So really doing any form of cardio then would not be beneficial during a bulk? Do you do any cardio during a bulk?

thanks!

Deadlifter
01-23-2006, 12:01 AM
You look very good for 5'10 190. At 200 ripped you'd have a very impressive physique.

imageD
01-23-2006, 12:08 AM
You look very good for 5'10 190. At 200 ripped you'd have a very impressive physique.

thanks for your kind words! I couldn't even imagine being 200lbs ripped, I would have to be probably up to 230lbs to get to that point :bang: I am just trying my hardest to eat and work out with most intensity possible.

Built
01-23-2006, 12:11 AM
I do some low-level cardio: hubby and I go for a walk most evenings, to chat.

That's it.

imageD
01-23-2006, 12:13 AM
I do some low-level cardio: hubby and I go for a walk most evenings, to chat.

That's it.

LOL....low level walk...well if I considered low level walking cardio then I do a lot walking my campus....stupid parking lot is about 2 miles away from my classroom for some classes :swear:

Built
01-23-2006, 12:24 AM
Walking is good for your heart. But doing more cardio on a bulk rather than simply cutting back a bit on the calories affords you no particular advantage from a body recomposition standpoint. And beyond a certain point, it can actually bite you in the ass.

My .02

Gabrielle
01-23-2006, 08:32 AM
If it makes you uncomfortable then why bulk as hard? I would think it is not worth the constant discomfort it seem to cause you. I have friends that never get above 10 % and others that always bulk up to or above 20 %. Go with what makes you feel comfortable and doesn't interfere with your life.

DarrenEff
01-23-2006, 10:54 AM
I'm 5'11 and 190lbs....I sadly look nothing like you =(

accuFLEX
01-23-2006, 01:09 PM
You sorta have the same build as me, in fact, you where 6'2, id say that was my pic hahah

Whats your stats?

imageD
01-23-2006, 03:24 PM
You sorta have the same build as me, in fact, you where 6'2, id say that was my pic hahah

Whats your stats?

5'10
190ish...if im holding a lot of water then >190
I would say about 15-17.5% BF.
20 y.o. with good natural testosterone levels :angel:

I just finished up a chest workout today and really it would be a LOT better picture if I took it post-workout instead of flat absolutely no pump. For some reason with a pump I look much much leaner, and of course fuller too.

As far as weights go I am definitely not strong, my genetic are for bodybuilding, no strength. Bench I just do 185 and go up from there as I feel, squat 275 ass to floor for reps, deadlift 315 for reps. I'm just trying my hardest to lift intensely as that has been my biggest change. Oh and I also lift in the 6-12 range now instead of 1-6

imageD
01-23-2006, 03:26 PM
If it makes you uncomfortable then why bulk as hard? I would think it is not worth the constant discomfort it seem to cause you. I have friends that never get above 10 % and others that always bulk up to or above 20 %. Go with what makes you feel comfortable and doesn't interfere with your life.

unfortunately I am a hardgainer ala cphafner so I usually have to get the calories really high. Also its easier mentally if you see gains faster bulking faster. Being bloated all the time does suck though.

Stumprrp
01-23-2006, 04:14 PM
you look good and your not fat at all, trust me on that.

cphafner
01-23-2006, 06:35 PM
unfortunately I am a hardgainer ala cphafner so I usually have to get the calories really high. Also its easier mentally if you see gains faster bulking faster. Being bloated all the time does suck though.

thanks for the shout out, but you have me by about 13 lbs. You can't have the best of both worlds. You will need to put on same fat during a bulk. Your bf looks fine to me. It's winter, so you get to hide behind some baggy clothes. I would just keep doing what you're doing.

russ
01-23-2006, 07:40 PM
I definitely don't think your fat, and you look great man.

imageD
01-24-2006, 05:20 AM
thanks for the shout out, but you have me by about 13 lbs. You can't have the best of both worlds. You will need to put on same fat during a bulk. Your bf looks fine to me. It's winter, so you get to hide behind some baggy clothes. I would just keep doing what you're doing.

thanks for the kind words, coming from you that means a lot. The only reason I am having the concern about my waist is that that's genetically where my fat goes first, I am not as fortunate as some (bcc) who's fat is distributed equally throughout the body making them look much less BF than they really are. I understand the fat is part of the bulk, I just don't want to end up like I did in the summer with a huge waist can' fit in any of my clothes and feel bloated. If this meant doing 1 HIIT cardio per week I would be all for it.

imageD
01-25-2006, 03:58 PM
July 2005.

http://images6.theimagehosting.com/CIMG0074.jpg (http://www.theimagehosting.com)

January 2006

http://images6.theimagehosting.com/CIMG0004.jpg (http://www.theimagehosting.com)

Do you notice much difference? I was about 180 in the first picture closer to 190 in the second picture. There was a cutting cycle in between these two pictures then I started the bulk back up again. Had I not done the stupid cutting cycle I would be able 20lbs heavier now :help:

Clifford Gillmore
01-25-2006, 05:04 PM
Your looking great! A 34" is waist is very small anyway, nice legs.

Built
01-25-2006, 05:26 PM
You actually look more cut in the second pic, and you're heavier there.

Well done!

imageD
01-25-2006, 05:28 PM
The biggest thing I am looking to improve now is BACK, my back is horrible and looks like crap from the rear totally overpowered by my arms. I never even train arms hard at all, for the whole summer I didnt even touch them, they have just always genetically been my best part. I believe I suffer from the flex wheeler syndrome, good arms, no back width...hopefully this can change.

Clifford Gillmore
01-25-2006, 05:34 PM
Well, give us a lat spread then!

imageD
01-25-2006, 05:39 PM
I've been busting my rear to bring up my back, I think you can really see it in these two photos, I've been messing with all iron

July 2005
http://images6.theimagehosting.com/CIMG0008 copy.jpg (http://www.theimagehosting.com)

Jan 06
http://images6.theimagehosting.com/CIMG0008.jpg (http://www.theimagehosting.com)

Clifford Gillmore
01-25-2006, 05:42 PM
Not quite a lat spread, but you back is looking solid! Nice erectors. Everything is looking on its way, and you have no real weak spots. The only thing that looks like its lagging a little is traps. Good job.

Built
01-25-2006, 05:43 PM
Damn, boy! Them's some kinda guns on you!

Your back will come up. Just keep working it and KEEP EATING. You've got a nice taper already.

Bohizzle
01-25-2006, 07:16 PM
that's a lot of progress! i agree, in the first pic, ur back was being dominated by ur arms, but now everything seems much closer to being in proper proportion, just a little more size to ur back should help things out. keep doing what ur doing!

Andrew

cphafner
01-25-2006, 08:19 PM
back looks good, great improvement. Keep at it. Your posing is good as well.

djreef
01-30-2006, 02:42 PM
Jack up the number of chins/pullups you do - that way you can kill 2 birds with one stone. Dude you're still young. Your back won't start blowing up for a couple of more years (I've found this to be true with most young lifters - the back is just the last thing to develop), just set the table - it will happen.

DJ

Bob
01-30-2006, 02:57 PM
Dude.. good improvement in only 6 months...
Better thickness though the back and added width...
I agree with Risk.. maybe a little harder on Trap development...

And why don't you try a Lat Spread pose... You will definitely get more width for your photos then...

Good luck on your bulking goals...

imageD
01-30-2006, 04:10 PM
If you guys check out my journal I actually posted a little better Back double bi becuase I realized in this shot I didnt have my arms tilted up so I'm not showing any peak.

Anyways, those two pictures arent telling the whole story. After the first picture was taken I went on a hardcore UD2 cut, 1200 calorie/day. It was my first serious cut and I messed up and lost too much weight too fast and lost muscle, I was very weak. Had I not even messed with cutting I would be much farther ahead now.

imageD
01-30-2006, 04:16 PM
Jack up the number of chins/pullups you do - that way you can kill 2 birds with one stone. Dude you're still young. Your back won't start blowing up for a couple of more years (I've found this to be true with most young lifters - the back is just the last thing to develop), just set the table - it will happen.

DJ

Thank you for your comments, any criticism is welcome! I may start up doing pullups again, but I doubt it, I just dont like it. To be perfectly honest, all I do are barbell rows, t-bar rows, and deadlifts. Occasionaly I will do a pullup or pulldown but rarely.

imageD
01-30-2006, 04:19 PM
Dude.. good improvement in only 6 months...
Better thickness though the back and added width...
I agree with Risk.. maybe a little harder on Trap development...

And why don't you try a Lat Spread pose... You will definitely get more width for your photos then...

Good luck on your bulking goals...

1) Lat spread I don't know why I just can't seem to hit the pose, everytime i try it I end up looking like a ******

2) trap development, yep, I haven't trained traps in a good 6 months. Need to get back to that. BB shrugs are actually one of my favorite exercises too