PDA

View Full Version : Whats Better Cardio or Weightlifting?

Clueless101
01-23-2006, 07:41 PM
Whats better for cutting cardio or weightlifting?

ArchAngel777
01-23-2006, 07:43 PM
Both!

But actually, the best way to cut is to have a healthy diet that has a calorie decifit. If you were to lift and then have a diet that is completely in check, that would be enough to become cut... However, cardio is never a bad thing, unless you do too much of it.

ddegroff
01-23-2006, 08:15 PM
Cardio strenghtens the heart, weight lifting strenghtens your skeletal muscles. They both burn cals, so eat less on your cut and you will lose weight. Most people do cardio during cuts so they burn more cals, but it is all personal preference.

Spartan936
01-23-2006, 08:19 PM
If I could only choose one it would be weightlifting. It has more benefits than cardio, and is aerobic exercise in itself.

Nights
01-23-2006, 08:32 PM
Don't really understand the question. If we were taking someone that was overweight and just wanted to lose weight I'd recommend both by all means. Given a choice between one or the other (diet and cardio vs. diet and weightlifting) I'd chose lifting. If diet was bad, neither would really do great.

If we were taking someone into fitness and they wanted to cut, then stopping lifting and just doing cardio would be rather counterproductive though. The loss of muscle with the fat would be not something recommended by any means.

fizzle21
01-23-2006, 08:33 PM
Gotta love the weights. With that said I still throw in some cardio when I cut in order to keep my heart and lungs strong. Diet is the most important factor.

Sidior
01-23-2006, 09:59 PM
weights keep your heart strong too

noahfor123
01-23-2006, 10:01 PM
weights keep your heart strong too

Are they as good as cardio? (real question, not rhetorical)

Y0yo
01-23-2006, 10:16 PM
Diet is best for cutting! Eat right, and stick with your lifting and you'll start to lose weight and bf. Cardio is good for you, but you want to hold onto as much of that muscle as possible during your cut, so keep lifting.

Canadian Crippler
01-23-2006, 10:30 PM
Are they as good as cardio? (real question, not rhetorical)For cardiac health? Probably not, but a combination of both is your best bet.

Built
01-23-2006, 10:59 PM
Diet is best for cutting! Eat right, and stick with your lifting and you'll start to lose weight and bf. Cardio is good for you, but you want to hold onto as much of that muscle as possible during your cut, so keep lifting.

Ding ding ding ding we have a winner! WEIGHT loss is diet. FAT loss happens if you convince your body to hang on to muscle. For that, you need weights. Cardio lets you eat slighly more while you do this.

Sidior
01-23-2006, 11:41 PM
Are they as good as cardio? (real question, not rhetorical)

what crip said

Stumprrp
01-24-2006, 04:28 AM
good diet, weights and cardio will help the weight FLY off in the beginning, 2-3 lbs a week, but it will slow down alot =((((