PDA

View Full Version : 2 Questions about fat gain.

eatit
01-24-2006, 12:55 AM
1) At what point in overeating do the calories no longer go towards fat. I could see myself eating 2000 calories over maint does that mean i'd gain two thirds of a pound of fat?

2) how long does the body take to turn the excess calories into fat?

thanks!

Y0yo
01-24-2006, 03:17 AM
1. I don't understand the question.

2. I'm pretty sure genetics will determine that, but don't quote me on that.

PeterParker
01-24-2006, 07:42 AM
1) At what point in overeating do the calories no longer go towards fat. I could see myself eating 2000 calories over maint does that mean i'd gain two thirds of a pound of fat?

2) how long does the body take to turn the excess calories into fat?

thanks!

Personally - i wouldnt each 2000 cals over my maint cal intake.
what i would do tho is each more carbs/protein and good fats

i would have an intake extra 200 grams carbs and 100 grams protien max
that gives 1200 cals but even that would be difficult if your already eating a clean diet .

eatit
01-24-2006, 10:15 AM
i'm talking strictly hypothetically here. If i were to go out and *checks fitday for something really really bad* ate two large oreo mcflurries at 800 calories each. That would put me 1600 cals over maint if i ate everything else normally. That's roughly half way to a pound of fat in terms of calories. Should i expect to see that half pound of fat the next day? or because i went way way over what i normally eat my body doesn't even use up all the cals?

What i'm trying to say is that if i were to have a rediculous cheat day and eat and eat and eat would every 3500 calories i go over be another pound of fat that i'd add or would my body give up after say the first half pound, or pound?

(this is all just for curiosity, since i've started cutting the idea of eating a huge meal just doesn't really do it for me anymore (haven't cheated yet in four weeks))

ShockBoxer
01-24-2006, 10:43 AM
Your body will never 'give up' storing fat. It loves to do it and will happily do so no matter how much you eat.

eatit
01-24-2006, 11:46 AM
damn... i was hoping it'd be like how the body handles water. After a while you just end up peeing a whole damn lot if you drink too much (meaning the body is just dumping it).

HILL
01-24-2006, 03:21 PM
Over maintanence is over maintanence. if your 2000 cals over it you will gain more weight than some1 who is 500 cals over it. this will be more muscle AND more fat however. with the good comes the bad. some1 500 cals over will gain less muscle but much less fat but it will take twice as long if not 3 times etc etc