PDA

View Full Version : Any tips for a weight-gain diet?

WannabeChef
01-24-2006, 03:05 PM
Hey guys.

Well, I've finally found enough time and money to buy a gym membership and I'm going there 3 times a week now for about an hour and a half, using a free-weight plan that a personal trainer put together for me.

I'm 6'0, just under 170 pounds, and 19 years old. I'm absolutely sure I'm not getting the amount of calories I should be, which I figure is something a bit over 3,000 to gain muscle mass/weight. The problem is, I work full-time, go to college full-time, and commute so my free time (including eating time) is severely limited, as is my cash flow.

So, I'm just wondering if any of ya have some tips I could use to get the calories I need? I'm pretty much trying to figure out what types of foods I can buy that are fairly inexpensive (like I said, I don't have much money to spend) but will be very effective. I have the appetite but with my money and time limitations I'm having trouble finding food that works.

*note* I'm currently taking creatine and protein powder, also.

Any tips on a weight-gain diet are vastly appreciated.

getfit
01-24-2006, 03:07 PM
what exactly are you eating?

getfit
01-24-2006, 03:10 PM
eggs,chicken,tuna,cottage cheese,nuts,natty pb,veggies(potatoes etc...) rice,pasta and so on....

mikey4402
01-24-2006, 03:27 PM
tubberwear... make meals and put them in there so you can eat between classes. or take a few scoops in a shaker put some water in it when your ready and sip it in class. a few tips i learn my freshmen year of college

Clifford Gillmore
01-24-2006, 04:09 PM
I carry a big cooler bag with 6-7 shakes/Meal replacement shakes around to and from work, and where ever else I go until the bag is empty. Getting in about 3000cals shouldn't be a hard task, but if you find it difficult - try eating 6 meals of 500 cals, and slowly increase your volume at each meal.