PDA

View Full Version : Ok here it is

hidethecookies
01-09-2002, 09:59 PM
Ok i had a post on my workout on the training section, and i thought i knew what to do with dieting but obviously i dont really know to much. Well if you havn't read my other posts im a hard gainer. Im probably the skinnyiest guy on this board. I am now 6'1 and liek 130 pounds. I am going to find out my BF% 2morrow just because im curious. Well i am starting to workout since like Oct. but now im getting serious. I need to get bigger. Can anyone tell me what i should eat to gain muscle, and its alright if i get some fat too cause ill be able to loose it trust me lol. Well i know i need a lot of protein and im gonna up it from my 70 grams a day to about 100 grams. How much carbs should i be eating, around 3500-4000? what about calories how much of those should i take in ? im getting so frustrated!!!!!! And its also not easy for me to eat massive amounts of food since im in high school and pretty much i can eat any food there but my school is sooooooooo expensive i waste like 30 dollars a week there on food. Its nuts. Well guys/girls help me out please. Just tell me what to eat and how much, and when people say like eat 500 calories more then what your BMR says or whatever, and youll gain at least a pound a week, is that fat, muscle, a mix??!?!?!? just post some stuff for me please im tired of typing and im sure your tired of reading this, and i need to go to sleep... thanks alot

Joe Black
01-10-2002, 03:21 AM
ok yes you need to eat more than your amr to gain weight.

amr is your maintenece rate (including daily activity) (active)

well, you will actually find most good bulking foos is failry cheap. I spent the close to $60 a week on food so don't feel too bad..

it would help if you could find a rough rate to start adding calories too as it avoids a lot of trial and error. are you gaining weight now? if not write down everything yo eat for 7 days, calcualte the calories and divide by 7.. easy you got your amr..

like you said whack on 500, give if a few weeks, if you don't change whack on another 500..

as you need to eat a lot of calories it seems and also need to save money you should try and eat whole eggs, milk, red meat, pasta, rice, perhaps a weight gainer like nlarge 2. don;t beso strict if you feel like that burger king whopper then friggin eat it! at 130 who cares lol..

if you can find out your rate I am sure someone will help you contrsut a diet..

hidethecookies
01-10-2002, 04:35 AM
lol i have gained 4 lbs in like 4 months.... from what i hear if i upped my food i should be gaining more then that .... what is the diffrence bettween BMR and AMR ?

hidethecookies
01-10-2002, 04:39 AM
ok i went to a few web sites and did online BMR calculators, they all said for my age/hieght/weight it is about 1710 calories .... and when you say you workout it goes up to about 3,000 ... you think those are fairly accurate?

and also, some of you said in my other thread that if you up it about 500 more calories a week youll gain like a pound a week... but doesn't a pound of fat equal 3500 calories? am i thinking wrong?

hidethecookies
01-10-2002, 04:25 PM
well i guess no one wants to help me... ill go sit home and be a couch potato maybe ill gain some weight like that lol

Taras
01-10-2002, 05:50 PM
Eating isn't an exact science. If you're not gaining weight on your current intake, eat more! Metabolic rate calculators just give a rough estimate. They don't take into account individual differences in metabolism.

If you think you need some more specific advice, why don't you list what you eat in a typical day so people can read it over and maybe come up with some specific recommendations.

MWB
01-10-2002, 06:08 PM
You're 6'1", 130? and only getting 70 grams of protein. My god, I'm 5'6" and get over 3 times that much protein. Eat! Get at least 200 grams of protein to start if you are weight training. You are seriously UNDER eating right now. I was at 130lbs at one point at 5'6" and looked like a skeleton. You're 6'1" 130, I'm suprised you're still breathing! EAT EAT EAT!!!

TreeTrunks
01-10-2002, 08:31 PM
At first a diet seems complicated and looks like calculas, but it is really easy once you get the basics down. To get your BMR take your weight and divide it by 2, thats your weight in kilograms. Then take that number and multiply it by 24 thats your BMR. Then tak on 1000 calories to that. That shold be a good starting point. As a rule of thumb you want 1 gram of protein for every pound you weigh, so you'll need at least 130 grams of protein a day. Another rule of thumb is that you'll want 2-3 grams of carbs for every pound you weigh so your looking at 260-390 grams. Then do a 50% carb, 30% protein, 20% fat diet. Thats the basics. I'm sure im leaving something out but rest assured, I will be corrected if I do.