PDA

View Full Version : teh twiglet

Aries3x
01-24-2006, 11:06 PM
Hey everyone, i've been a lurker here for about 8 months under another name, and i've decided to start posting.

I left hs a little 135 lb twig, and 2 years later i was 155 lbs with a gut and even less muscle mass than i did in hs. I felt like ****, so i forced myself into the weight room. I did a bulk over the summer, and i put on quite a bit of muscle with a ****ty routine(which had no squats or dls). I felt quite fat at about 18%bf, so i did my first cut. I planned to get to about 10%bf, but i decided i was getting way too light. So right now, i'm starting up another bulk.

I'm 20, 5'10 and 145lbs right now, my long term goal is 185-190 lbs at 8-9%bf. The bulk i'm starting is going to be pretty slow cause i felt too fat over the summer.

The first pic is me about mid- or end-bulk in the summer, and the rest were takin today. I would appreciate criticisms... when i look in the mirror i see mostly lagging chest, and obviously legs. I would also appreciate an estimate on my current bf. Thanks for the comments and i look forward to contributing to this site! :read:

and ignor the ugly faces. heh

edit: i just realized i stand crooked. and i look much bigger in the mirror, honest!

Aries3x
01-24-2006, 11:07 PM
more

Aries3x
01-24-2006, 11:08 PM
the last of it

HILL
01-25-2006, 04:35 AM
Congrats on the weight loss youve done well very well now id do a slow bulk. lift heavy and eat good

Mik
01-25-2006, 06:53 AM
Good job so far. Now just eat lots and lift heavy. You're lean so you'll look good with some mass packed on.

Aries3x
01-25-2006, 08:53 AM
thanks guys

tracking my cals to find my base right now, and i plan on adding a few hundred cals a day to see where i come out.

Mik
01-25-2006, 09:14 AM
I'd shoot for 500 cals above maintenance. Try that for a week or two and see where that puts you.

HILL
01-25-2006, 09:14 AM
good good nice to see some1 who is going to find out their maintanence. Keep adding until your gaining a pound a week for a clean bulk

Guido
01-25-2006, 09:49 AM
You've got a good base, man. I'd add lats and legs as something to work on in addition to arms/chest. Don't neglect the 80% of your muscle mas that's in your back and legs!

Aries3x
01-25-2006, 10:38 AM
Guido that was my old routine that i used before i did much reading, i did my cut based on the article in this link (http://ruggedmag.com/index.php?type=Article&i=3&a=8). My new bulking routine is very similar to WBB1. My lifts increased quite a bit while on a cut using the workout found in that link.

I do have another question though... I am very interested in powerlifting and oly lifts, and my i was thinking about switching over to one of them after i reach my size goals. Does anyone have any information about actually putting on good mass using powerlifting/oly lifts? I would like to make as much of my mass be from FT fibers as possible. I am unsure weither it is worth it to try and bulk first, and then go into lifting real heavy/fast, or to set up a program where i would bulk while doing mostly oly lifts with some powerlifting.

Nongan
01-25-2006, 04:24 PM
well congrats on the fat loss man. as for body fat, i'd say 15% or so. As for doing some oly lifts, I say go for it. But make sure you stick with compounds making up most of your routine (bench, squats, deads, pull/chin-ups).

imageD
01-25-2006, 04:26 PM
at least you are addressing the problem sooner than later. Eat everything in sight. Stock up on peanut butter

Bohizzle
01-25-2006, 05:16 PM
Guido that was my old routine that i used before i did much reading, i did my cut based on the article in this link (http://ruggedmag.com/index.php?type=Article&i=3&a=8). My new bulking routine is very similar to WBB1. My lifts increased quite a bit while on a cut using the workout found in that link.

I do have another question though... I am very interested in powerlifting and oly lifts, and my i was thinking about switching over to one of them after i reach my size goals. Does anyone have any information about actually putting on good mass using powerlifting/oly lifts? I would like to make as much of my mass be from FT fibers as possible. I am unsure weither it is worth it to try and bulk first, and then go into lifting real heavy/fast, or to set up a program where i would bulk while doing mostly oly lifts with some powerlifting.
Right now i am doing a bulk using my regular routine but i've thrown in hang squat cleans, and i'm seeing more strength and size gains than before and the rest of my routine is still the same. Although i am nowhere near as experienced as many here, I'm sure almost anyone will tell you that Oly lifts are great for strength and that as long as ur eating, u'll gain size. hth.

Andrew

russ
01-26-2006, 05:54 PM
Looking good, I say eat more and keep pumping. You'll be jacked in no time.

Behemoth
01-26-2006, 07:19 PM
teh twiglet, lol.

Looking good bro, keep it heavy and keep the cals high.