PDA

View Full Version : Shake n' Bake

Zero
01-25-2006, 10:45 AM
So, quick question...

On a cut...is Shake n bake bad? I googled trying to find Nutrition info, but all they have info for is the 'Original' stuff. Theres a couple flavours out there I wouldnt mind trying on chicken breasts, but I'm not sure what the "general opinion" (by that I mean getfit and Built..Ive been a lurker for some time) is.

Sorry, couldnt help but throw this in here:

(When Homer is a snotty food critic)
Homer: Marge's pork chops only have two moves...Shake...n...bake.
Marge: You like Shake n' Bake. You used to put it in your coffee.

Thanks All!

getfit
01-25-2006, 10:51 AM
not sure if this is the right link, but this is what i found

http://www.calorie-count.com/calories/item/18637.html

getfit
01-25-2006, 10:52 AM
how's your diet looking like in general?

Unreal
01-25-2006, 10:58 AM
Its just breading. Just carbs. If you can fit it in your daily macro goals and calorie goals, go for it, but IMO your better off just using some seasoning without all the extra cals and savinng the cals for more meat.

Zero
01-25-2006, 11:04 AM
Thats the link I found too...and its just the info for the 'Original'.

Since I have been lurking for a while, my diet is in check. Im just getting bored of Chicken a la Coleman (BBQ Sauce on Chicken Breast!) and find shake n bake would be an easy, cheap, clean way of eating bland old chicken

Thanks for the quick reply

ddegroff
01-25-2006, 11:41 AM
Thats what I use to do, the BBQ. It gets old, how about marinating the chicken in italian dressing, or Franks Chili 'n Lime hot sauce. I use some hot sauce, garlic, a little black pepper. Mmmmmm so good. I would say experiment and you'll find something that you will like.

lilmase1153
01-25-2006, 11:45 AM
BBQ sauce on a cut is not the best idea.. Too many empty cals IMO, I would stick with a hot sauce since there is almost no nutrtional value (and no cals) but it still spices things up..

I like ddegroff's idea that hot sauce garlic combo tastes damn good I bet..

ShockBoxer
01-25-2006, 06:49 PM
I put a tablespoon of spaghetti sauce on it (30 calories tops). A little flavor goes a long way with chicken.

tigo
01-25-2006, 07:00 PM
^ thats what I do

since you're baking it try cutting it lengthwise and put some hot sauce in the middle with some lime, or spaghetti sauce.. crushed peanuts also work as well as a simple pat of butter

ddegroff
01-25-2006, 10:40 PM
I like ddegroff's idea that hot sauce garlic combo tastes damn good I bet..

Yeah it's awesome, I use to eat spicy garlic chicken wings every tuesday. This is the best alternative to chicken wings without the skin.