PDA

View Full Version : MRP vs Whey

YungLifter
01-25-2006, 08:31 PM
What would be better for pre and post workout. I found these mrps that have dex/malto in ingredients + the high protein and was wondering if it beats whey/oats/and a banana for post and pre w/o shakes

cphafner
01-25-2006, 08:33 PM
which mrp?

YungLifter
01-25-2006, 08:35 PM
I cant remebr brand I think its Metrex I looked threw ingrediant it had a bunch of stuff but I remebr seeing dextrose/malto + wheyand the price wasnt much of difference between the MRP and whey (the MRPS are on sale)

Built
01-25-2006, 08:36 PM
Get the whey and make your own MRPs. Otherwise, you're just paying too much money for cheap dex.

YungLifter
01-25-2006, 08:41 PM
They come out to the same in price since its on sale. I have looked in every store around my area for Dex and cant find it. So for now im stuck with whey/banana/oats unless I get MRPS.

imageD
01-25-2006, 08:43 PM
Get the whey and make your own MRPs. Otherwise, you're just paying too much money for cheap dex.

That's not entirely true.

Cytogainer is some of the best stuff on the market, I love it, and some others like BCC swear by it too. I used to make "my own" MRP's and they were fine nutritionally but sucked in terms of drinkability.

Built
01-25-2006, 08:44 PM
I know. They SHOULDN'T be the same price - the MRP should be CHEAPER - you're getting less protein and more sugar, and the sugar is cheaper.

Order Dex online.

Are there no U-brews in your town?

YungLifter
01-25-2006, 08:45 PM
nope I have literally been to 20-25 store looking for dex, no U-Brew stores just liquor stores where do i order from online?

Built
01-25-2006, 08:45 PM
That's not entirely true.

Cytogainer is some of the best stuff on the market, I love it, and some others like BCC swear by it too. I used to make "my own" MRP's and they were fine nutritionally but sucked in terms of drinkability.

I didn't say it wasn't going to be effective or yummy - just that it would be expensive.

There IS something to be said for palatability.

Built
01-25-2006, 08:49 PM
Dextrose online:
http://www.global-nutrition-inc.com/nf-114.html

imageD
01-25-2006, 08:50 PM
I didn't say it wasn't going to be effective or yummy - just that it would be expensive.

There IS something to be said for palatability.

It is expensive, but you know what, I would gladly pay for a quality weight gainer over any PB/whey/oat/milk shake.

Shao-LiN
01-25-2006, 10:32 PM
Dextrose online too:

http://www.supplementdirect.com
http://www.1fast400.com

Lots of places. Personally, I've never heard of U-Brew in Southern California, so I'm unsure if this is just local to Built's area. In any event, I would suspect that there is some sort of brewery store in or around most areas. Would call around to find it if you want to go that route. Otherwise, it's just as easy to order online.

YungLifter
01-26-2006, 04:25 AM
1fast400 had best deal 1 dollar per pound. Thanks I guess im just going to order some dextrose.

eatit
01-26-2006, 11:18 AM
I think U-Brew may be a vancouver thing. I never heard about it until i moved out here.