PDA

View Full Version : Another fruit question...

p_man30
01-26-2006, 02:57 PM
I see theres a debate about fruit in another post and my question is, I eat 3 bananas and 2 apples a day...is this too much???(before someome asks, I weigh 247)

Calibur7
01-26-2006, 02:58 PM
The answer I got when I posted was.

Eat fruits.

I didnt need an answer from any one though, I would still eat fruits. I was just more curious as to why other people left them out.

the answer to that-

no good reason.

why do I type like this?

I dont know.

PeterParker
01-26-2006, 03:58 PM
do you enjoy eating fruits- if so , then continue
so peeps dont bother, so do
i wouldnt stop if some one told me to
its not like there bad for u

p_man30
01-26-2006, 04:08 PM
Well, I know they are high in sugar but it helps me fill in more calories and carbs...i can only eat soo much brown rice before i feel like i'm going to explode.

Spartacus
01-26-2006, 06:28 PM
no thats not too much, eat away.

Holto
01-27-2006, 09:20 AM
Here is another way to look at it.

Fruit comes from a farm and rice comes from a factory.

Paul Stagg
01-27-2006, 09:28 AM
As long as they fit into your caloric and macronutrient needs, eat away.

meltedtime
01-27-2006, 01:37 PM
The last thing you should worry about is eating fruit or vegetables. I don't believe there is a person in the world who got fat eating too many apples or carrots. Throw 'em in pie or cake, you got problems.

FiRe
01-27-2006, 01:50 PM
Well, I know they are high in sugar but it helps me fill in more calories and carbs...i can only eat soo much brown rice before i feel like i'm going to explode.

the sugars in fruits are different then the sugars in products like candy and such... they are healthy sugars. Also, fruits don't have a lot of calories in them, you must eat a lot of fruit if you use it to fill in a lot of calories and carbs. If you wanted to add in calories and carbs, fruits are the last foods you would want.

eatit
01-27-2006, 02:09 PM
1 large banana = 125 cals
1 large apple = 125 cals
1 grapefruit = 104 cals

totals 354 cals. three fruits above maintenance for ten days equals a pound of fat.

Fruits are fine, they just need to fit in with the diet.

and just because fruits come from a farm doesn't mean they aren't loaded with pesticides and other nasty chemicals.

Unreal
01-27-2006, 02:47 PM
As long as they fit into your caloric and macronutrient needs, eat away.

This sums up just about everything. Besides transfat, there is nothing that needs to be avoided as long as it fits in your macronutrient goals. Want to eat 10 strips of bacon or spoonfuls of lard, go ahead if it fits your needs.

Holto
01-29-2006, 11:31 AM
Fruits are fine, they just need to fit in with the diet.

and just because fruits come from a farm doesn't mean they aren't loaded with pesticides and other nasty chemicals.

This is why I buy organic.

What I'm getting at is there is nothing better for us than what comes directly from nature.

Abyss
01-30-2006, 10:39 AM
I may be wrong on this, so please dnt bash fellows. But I think 3 bananas are too much, 2 are ok one in the morning or after a workout. It has to much fructose, I do think banana are not really good when cutting, I personally cut them out completley when cutting but then again they can work for others. At the end of the day try them and see if it effects you, I dnt think they will if they fit good in to your calorie intake as you say.

TheGimp
01-30-2006, 11:45 AM
But I think 3 bananas are too much, 2 are ok one in the morning or after a workout

What is the magic line you are crossing by eating 3 bananas instead of 2?

eatit
01-30-2006, 01:15 PM
there's no magic line. Just when you're cutting everything counts.

p_man30
01-30-2006, 02:53 PM
But i'm never cutting, i'm always bulking so a little fat don't scare me.

Spartacus
01-30-2006, 05:46 PM
there's no magic line. Just when you're cutting everything counts.

then why is 3 bananas bad? that very first 10 calorie bite of banana would be bad too, if bananas were bad on a cut. just watch your calories.

brickt.
01-30-2006, 05:54 PM
then why is 3 bananas bad? that very first 10 calorie bite of banana would be bad too, if bananas were bad on a cut. just watch your calories.

Didn't you know? Bananas are nutritionally devoid empty calories that will spike you insulin skyhigh and make you store huge amounts of fat. Aslo, they will give you herpes. :p

To the OP, if the cals for fruit fit into your plan, eat away. They are PACKED full of goodies.