PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!!! I'm tryin but need some help!!!!!

possumrida
01-27-2006, 11:56 AM
I'm 6'2 or 6'3, depending on which convient store I'm leaving, and weigh 208 lbs. I am trying to shed fat, not really concerned with the "perfect" body, just wanna lose some fat. My diet is decent, low fat/high protine. No suppliments other than 100% whey. I weight train regularly and ride a bicycle nightly. A usual day consists of: Plain, smoked turkey and macadamia nuts for breakfast with a protine shake at about 7:30 AM. A snack at 10:00 (usually a bananna or strawberrys). Lunch at 12:00 ( usually salad with grilled chicken and no dressing) A snack of Fruit and a few pretzels at 3:00 pm. Dinner at 5:00 pm (Chicken soup, Or something low fat) and a protine shake. Every other day I weight train After dinner. Every night I Ride at about 9:00 Pm and another protine shake after riding. Low fat yogurt or cottage cheese about 1 hr before bed. I drink roughly 1 and a half gallons of water daily.

My question is, does this sound anywhere near what I need to be doing? I am new to dieting and have been fat my whole life. If i'm way off, please help me out!!!!! Thanks everybody!!!!!

getfit
01-27-2006, 12:20 PM
what fats to you consume besides your nuts?

possumrida
01-27-2006, 12:22 PM
Some fats in my turkey, cheese on my salad, Cottage cheese. Other than that not much!

getfit
01-27-2006, 12:26 PM
i sent you a pm

Smilingdonkey
01-27-2006, 12:27 PM
Your diet sounds fine. If your not loosing weight than your body is still not burning up enough calories in a given day! Use this link to help determine how many calories you burn naturally and through excercise. This will tell you how many calories you will need to be under to loose weight. Dont worry the link is for bodybuilders trying to gain, it works both ways though.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/berardi41.htm

Once you determine how many calories you burn, design a diet, measuring how many calories you eat a day.

www.sparkpeople.com is a free weightloss website with lots of helpful dieting material.

Hope this helps. Post back if you have any questions :thumbup:

getfit
01-27-2006, 12:33 PM
Some fats in my turkey, cheese on my salad, Cottage cheese. Other than that not much!
cottage cheese=protein

fats/egg yolks, olive oil, avocados,nuts, natty pb,etc....

getfit
01-27-2006, 12:38 PM
http://fsnep.ucdavis.edu/index/training/2005t/ChooseHealthyFats.doc

possumrida
01-27-2006, 12:59 PM
Awesome, This is all gonna help, I'm dedicated just ignorant lol :)