PDA

View Full Version : Knee Wraps.

BigRic
01-27-2006, 12:55 PM
Woah I put them on today for my two heavy sets of squats, even though it wasn't that heavy because my knee was bothering me I have inflammation of the Quad at the insertion to the patella, but anyways knee wraps are awesome, i did 315x3 325x3 I could have easily thrown on an extra 50 lbs probably i came out of the whole easily, our S&C coach was telling me to not go so low so it was definately parallel they were alot more effective then i though. and yes i know that was one big run on sentence.

Gutz981
01-27-2006, 08:42 PM
Yep wraps definitly give you some extra support. I love them.

Optimum08
01-27-2006, 10:24 PM
any good knee wrap brands? or are they all kind of the same?

Adam
01-27-2006, 11:42 PM
Inzer are always a good buy for wraps.
Titan ones are as good as inzer when you first buy them, but after a few uses they stretch very easy. At least thats how the Signature and previouse generartions were like. I've never wore there new wraps.

Gutz981
01-28-2006, 09:41 AM
Yeah go with some inzer ones. Those are the ones I have, I've only used them a few times but so far they are great.

dtshen
01-29-2006, 01:59 PM
are knee wraps healthy to use? dont they take away from some ofthe benefits of squatting with nothing

Optimum08
01-29-2006, 02:02 PM
well u only use them when your going really heavy like a new PR or something like that, its just like straps, they assist in giving you more support, etc.

drew
01-29-2006, 03:26 PM
Your coach told you not to go lower? What the hell kind of coach is he?

Anyway, wraps are key. I just use a cheap pair of Harbinger wraps right now. Good enough for training lifts.

BigRic
01-29-2006, 06:27 PM

Anyway, wraps are key. I just use a cheap pair of Harbinger wraps right now. Good enough for training lifts.

We'll usually I hit like 3 or 4 inches below parallel but he was stopping me at parallel, and he's probably one of the best strength and conditioning coaches in America.

drew
01-29-2006, 08:10 PM
Who is your coach?

KevinStarke
01-29-2006, 08:17 PM
Yah who is this guy i'll ask Phil, he's trained several football teams before.

BigRic
01-29-2006, 09:19 PM
http://cmuchippewas.collegesports.com/school-bio/cmu-strength-condition.html

Paul Longo.

imageD
01-29-2006, 09:29 PM
I trust anything by Inzer.

I have the 13mm forever lever belt and the 20" Iron Z wrist wraps. Next thing I am going to order are the Iron Z knee wraps

WBBIRL
01-29-2006, 10:00 PM
For saftey I would say, its not like they add 30lbs to your max squat. Just helps with the pressure at the bottom of the motion.

@BigRic

The guy may be wrong and he may be right. IMHO parallel is more then fine, and back when I could squat worth something I would do heavy partials to break platues. As long as you go to parallel then I think your fine. Being as fat in the gut as I am, its a duesy just to get to parallel let alone 3 " below.

Isaac Wilkins
01-30-2006, 06:18 AM

Remember that his knee is inflamed. His coach probably wanted him to stay ABOVE parallel and he was going lower, that's why he said something.

Longo is a good coach with a lot of experience. Also, the coach has seen this progressing and seen his form. We haven't. You can't make a blanket statement implying that everyone should go ATG all of the time if you don't have their particulars.