PDA

View Full Version : WannaBeToned

Ruffian
01-27-2006, 06:24 PM
I just started on a split last week, and I do... well... very low weights. Ive only been doing compounds for two weeks so cut me some slack ;) Hopefully I will be able to make som significant gains over the next while! I follow the same routine as my boyfriend and Ill post all my info when I start my routine again next week (I hurt my back really bad this week so Im taking a day off). Anyway here goes:

Weight: 136 (Consistent for about 2 weeks now - I am not bulking or cutting, just trying to stay consistent and eat protein and crap. Eventually Ill guilt myself into starting a fitday account ;)

Monday: Quads/Hams
Squats
Leg Curls/Lunges (Either or)
Leg Extensions
Abs (Heavy cable pulldowns and medicine ball workouts)

Tuesday: Back/Calves
Deadlifts
Shrugs
Calf Raises (5 sets of 12-15 reps)

Wednesday: OFF

Thursday: Back/Biceps

Behind-The-Neck Pulldowns
Front Lat Pulldowns
Seated Rows
Preacher Curls
Alternate Seated Dumbbell Curls
Abs (same as above)

Friday: Chest/Triceps

Flat Bench Presses
Incline Bench Presses
Incline Dumbbell Presses
Tricep Dips
Tricep Cable Pushdowns
Toe Raises (5 sets of 12-15 reps)

For all the compound lifts we are using a 5x5 rep scheme. For any isolation work I am using a 3x8 rep scheme.

I am going to have to psych myself up to do pictures, maybe eventually I will. But yeah, Im not very big, Im pretty small in actuality... I guess Im just a tad self-concious *wrinkles nose*

Pup
01-27-2006, 06:36 PM
Toned is an evil word "WannaBeLean" would be so much nicer.

Overall routine looks solid...on the Tuesday workout i might suggest throwing in a lower back movement like good mornings or RDLs. I might also switch around the Thursday and Friday workouts...you might need a bit more of a break b/w back sessions. One other note: if you are doing a front pulldown, the behind the neck pulldowns are redundant, as well as a good way to fry your rotator cuffs, any movement behind the head puts the rotator cuff and the shoulder blades in an unnatural position. A close grip pulldown might be a better movement.

Good luck with the training and your goals.

Ruffian
01-27-2006, 06:44 PM
Eh... toned, whatever. Perhaps not the best choice of words but you know my meaning ;) Im pretty damn tiny already, what i want is to look strong... and I guess that means be strong to :P I do a ton of horse riding, so you have to be pretty damn strong to control a one tonne animal.

I'm rather new to the whole weight lifting thing, I did a ton of track training for years which involves a ton of squats and jump type movements (I did hurdles and pole vault). However Im following my boyfriends routine who is, might I add, a rather 'reputed' (I guess thats the word) member on this site ;) If he wants to be revealed then he can do it himself! :P

Anyway Im just a little ways into this routine yet, and Im sure as I go along I will find certain things that work better for me than others. I will suggest that to my boy though ;)

Pup
01-27-2006, 06:53 PM
Now that is a beautiful title.

...i'm not trying to knock your boyfriends routine, just pointing out some possible adjustments if you felt the need :)

Built
01-27-2006, 07:06 PM
Hey, a Canadian!

Where you from?

getfit
01-27-2006, 07:31 PM
good luck with your goals, avatar looks great.

Ruffian
01-28-2006, 10:08 AM
hahhaa. no where near yours though! Eventually Ill get there... *gulps* I hope anyway ;) Ive noticed huge advancements even in the couple months Ive been working out, but going from just running with speed-strength training to a primarily weight routine is a bit different for me. Also the fact that I have some of hte worlds most F****** up knees...

Built- Im from Regina Saskatchewan, the little hovel in the middle of the praries. You know the place where you can "stand on a ladder and see china" ...

YEah... that one :P

I must say, there are a lot more chix on this place then I had initially thought (which is a good thing). I dont know a lot about weights, but Im a biology and physiology nerd. So I guess I can be of some help to random people with regards to that.

But thanks Getfit. ITs nice to know that Im at least looking decent. My boy says I look good, but I think hes slightly biased :D

Pup- I know your not LOL no worries there, Ill definately suggest it to him. Im not very knowledgable about weights yet so I dont know for sure what he would think of them. BUt I will most definately bring them up... He'll be back on monday I think so maybe he can READ THEM HIMSELF... Saves me trying to remember :nod:

Thanks you guys though!

Ruffian
01-28-2006, 10:09 AM
Oh... and Built... You are my IDOL! LOL I hope I like half as good as you do someday!

Just had to throw that in- Im sure you get it alot ;)

SW
01-28-2006, 10:38 AM
Your bf has to be Mike.

Pup
01-28-2006, 10:43 AM
Its a small world...a friend of mine is from Regina.

Ruffian
01-28-2006, 10:52 AM
Your bf has to be Mike.

Eh... That is Incorrect!

Its a small world...a friend of mine is from Regina.

Whats your friends name? Is he/she going to school here?

Also, where do you live and how do you know someone from Regina? (Most people dont even know where it is, including some of my friends LOL)

SW
01-28-2006, 10:58 AM
'Tis a mystery. Anyway, welcome and starting a journal is a great start.

tigo
01-28-2006, 11:09 AM
hahah wbtoned good luck man

Silverback
01-28-2006, 11:23 AM
hahah wbtoned good luck man

man?! this is a girl! unless your a dude dating a dude then i apologise :D

Everything looks good round here, will look forward to seeing you progress. 5x5 is a good way to increase strength, no doubt!

Andy :)

Ruffian
01-28-2006, 11:40 AM
Hahahaha

Yes I am a girl, in case you couldnt tell from my avatar... in which case you are either very blind or have seen some very oddly shaped men lately. I have noticed an increase of about 10 pounds a week in most exercises (5's on either side) but nothing extraordinary beyond that as I am still lifting the most wimpy weights ever. I guess I should bite the bullet an dput up my wimpy statistics up here.

Squat: 35 pounds (Plus bar)
Bench: 15 pounds (plus bar)
Deads: *IVe only done this once and Im trying to get my form down* 15 pounds (plus bar)

I dont quite get your notation lol.

Anyway, Ive got good strength in my legs for isolated stuff, Leg press is 120 (After a month- 4X20), I can almost match my boyfriends calf raises - 60 lbs (3X12), IVe matched his hamstring curls (65- this is after squats and crap- 3X12) and leg extensions are also at 60 (also 3X12). I'Ve also gone up by 15 pounds for my bicep curls (now at 20). HAvnt tried any one rep maxes although im sure they wouldnt exactly be... well.. anything to brag about :P Anyway, Ill get some pix up soonish I think, and when I start my routine again on monday Ill start my actual journal. So far its just bene a lot of random comments back and forth, but I guess it made me feel a little bit more comfortable with putting up my horrendously weak pbs.

Clifford Gillmore
01-28-2006, 12:10 PM
I'm sure you will start to make fantastic gains towards your goals with all the support here, I know I have! Nice little bit of obliques popping out in your Avatar there, impressive :p

Silverback
01-28-2006, 12:24 PM
Everyone starts somewhere :) i started out with the bar as im sure many others have, this game takes time,Rome wasnt built in a day :)

Hopefully having a journal will push you to increase that strength, looking forward to seeing the pics :)

Built
01-28-2006, 12:50 PM
Oh... and Built... You are my IDOL! LOL I hope I like half as good as you do someday!

Just had to throw that in- Im sure you get it alot ;)

Yanno, when you're an old woman, you can just never hear this enough.

;)

TOBART
01-28-2006, 08:13 PM
WHOA, people from Regina on this forum!

I'm from Regina, for the most part anways. I'm working in Manitoba right now but I come back every weekend.

So who's your boyfriend? What gym are you training at? Feel free to pm me if you dont want to answer here.

Ruffian
01-28-2006, 10:25 PM
Heh... Man, honest to god Built you have got to be one of the most ****ing georgeous women I have ever seen. Im not a bi or anything dont get me wrong, but yeah... I would KILL for your abs!

I want to beat my boy at a 6 pack contest we are having.... So far I think Im loosing. HE laready has one but he has to cut donw to define it and I need to gain a little more muscle before I can cut to define... Its basically a farmers bet anyway, but still... I want the bragging rights (*points at self* Probably one of the most competitive women I know ;) )

Aaanyway... I sent you a pm Tobart. Its crazy that there is actually someone from Regina! I cant believe how many people know where Regina is in this place! ITs almost exciting, makes me feel like I live in a place of semi-importance! *claps*

Clifford Gillmore
01-28-2006, 10:35 PM
Your boy is a bit shallow, I'd be laying on the "you look great the way you are" comments! Its the right thing to do :D

ArchAngel777
01-28-2006, 10:36 PM
Hahahaha

Yes I am a girl, in case you couldnt tell from my avatar... in which case you are either very blind or have seen some very oddly shaped men lately. I have noticed an increase of about 10 pounds a week in most exercises (5's on either side) but nothing extraordinary beyond that as I am still lifting the most wimpy weights ever. I guess I should bite the bullet an dput up my wimpy statistics up here.

Squat: 35 pounds (Plus bar)
Bench: 15 pounds (plus bar)
Deads: *IVe only done this once and Im trying to get my form down* 15 pounds (plus bar)

I dont quite get your notation lol.

Anyway, Ive got good strength in my legs for isolated stuff, Leg press is 120 (After a month- 4X20), I can almost match my boyfriends calf raises - 60 lbs (3X12), IVe matched his hamstring curls (65- this is after squats and crap- 3X12) and leg extensions are also at 60 (also 3X12). I'Ve also gone up by 15 pounds for my bicep curls (now at 20). HAvnt tried any one rep maxes although im sure they wouldnt exactly be... well.. anything to brag about :P Anyway, Ill get some pix up soonish I think, and when I start my routine again on monday Ill start my actual journal. So far its just bene a lot of random comments back and forth, but I guess it made me feel a little bit more comfortable with putting up my horrendously weak pbs.

I didn't know you were a woman at first either. The avatar isn't great resolution and I have seen several skinny boys that sport that figure... Don't get me wrong, you look great (knowing your a woman) but without the chest, very hard to tell some girly looking boys from the real thing. Welcome to the forum... Built also had me fooled when I joined as well. I was like (Holy cow that dude is ripped!) then I noticed it was a chick and was EVEN more impressed! Anyway, as I said, the small picture and low resolution combined with such a specific body part is the reason some of us are not sure who you are :D

Simon96Taco
01-28-2006, 11:03 PM
With all the Canuck banter in this thread, just wanted to throw a "good luck" your way from Calgary :thumbup:

Ruffian
01-28-2006, 11:28 PM
Simon - Wow Im just enjoying all the Canadians on this forum! Tis great! IT seems Ive picked up one of those random postage threads, not that Im complaining. LOL I find this forum quite amusing :evillaugh:

aaaaanyway.... lol

Risk- HE definately does think I look good the way I am (unless hes been lying to me, in which case: :whip: ) and he likes to tell me it often, I swear hes going to make me an egotistical maniac....

ArchAngel- No worries, I was about 75% joking... LOL. Im not the 'curviest' chick around, I think my step brother has more curves then I do (and Im not joking). Hes one of those 'bar star' types, runs, does bicep curls and bench press (about the same amount of weight as me might I add)..... So Im not taking much offense; soon enough Ill get some actual pictures of me. However I will agree with you on Built, definately an idol of mine.

deeder
01-30-2006, 08:20 AM
Well, I thought I should pop my head in here and leave you a message.

If people are still wondering I'm her boyfriend... Not quite as 'reputed' around here as she tried to sell me off as.

Pup - We haven't done those behind-the-neck pulldowns in a long time. She just copy/pasted that routine from my journal... I thought I had updated it after all the changes I made in the first few weeks of doing it... Anyway, check my journal if you want to see what I've been doing (and therefore "Ruffian" too :p)

Ruffian
01-30-2006, 10:49 AM
Pfft you understimate yourself babe!

Annyway, I found the actual one, I just grabbed the one off the top and didnt bother reading-->

Here is the actual routine:

Monday: Quads/Hams
Squats
Leg Curls
Leg Extensions
Abs (Heavy cable pulldowns and DB oblique raises)
Leg Press (I added this in for myself) 5X5

Tuesday: Back/Biceps
Front Lat Pulldowns
Chins or Pullups
Bent over rows
Preacher Curls
Alternate Seated Dumbbell Curls
Toe Raises

Wednesday: OFF
-(most times I do cardio- Interval training on an elliptical or bike)

Thursday: Chest/Triceps
Flat Bench Presses
Incline Bench Presses
Incline Dumbbell Presses
Tricep Dips
Tricep Cable Pushdowns
Abs

Friday: Back/Calves
Deadlifts
Shrugs
Toe Raises (5 sets of 12 reps) Chest/Triceps

Saturday/Sunday: OFF

------------------------------------------------------------------

As for today.

I changed my squat form slightly so that I was going lower than parallel and for some reason I found it easier to find the grit to push up when I was going lower, maybe its just the way I am built. Anyway, I added in a 5X5 on the leg press to do after abs, with my legs higher up (not a really high weight) but I found it helped to loosen me up a bit following the extensions/curls and I could REALLY feel the burn in my ars, something I couldnt quite get with the squats. I think I'll keep it that way, I mean unless anyone thinks its a severe issue for me to add them. I really have some huge legs on me and I want to get them good and strong (same with my ars) for riding and so I can 'hopefully' get into track again next season.

Anyway.

Squats: 2x5 - 70 lbs, 2x5 80 lbs, 1x5 90 lbs (definately killed my previous pb)
Extension: 2x15- 60 lbs, 1 x 15 - 65 lbs
Curl: 3X15 - 70 lbs
Press: 5X5 (105 lbs)
Abs (Heavy cable pulldowns): 1x5 - 105 lbs, 1x5- 120 lbs, 1x5-135 lbs, 1x5 - 150 lbs, 1x5- 165 lbs(<-- highest I've gone)

razorcut
01-30-2006, 11:09 AM
Strong work. Belated welcome to WBB.

galileo
01-30-2006, 11:18 AM
Hahahaha

Yes I am a girl, in case you couldnt tell from my avatar...

I was just about to ask if you were female or homosexual. No joke.

Ruffian
01-30-2006, 12:46 PM
I was just about to ask if you were female or homosexual. No joke.

Uhhhh.... Do I really look THAT masculine?

I think I need to put up some shots, that way we can clear up the whole 'me being female' issue LOL *shakes head*

but yes... I am a chick, not an extremely skinny guy wiht hips.

Built
01-30-2006, 01:26 PM

I think I need to put up some shots, that way we can clear up the whole 'me being female' issue LOL *shakes head*

Hey, welcome to the club! I like you more and more all the time!

Hehehehehe!

Workouts look strong, girlie.

What are your goals right now - I'll admit, I'm being lazy and not reading back far enough. You cutting, bulking, or slowly recomposing? What kind of diet do you follow?

KevinStarke
01-30-2006, 01:49 PM
Looking forward to seein your progress Ruffian, lookin great.

galileo
01-30-2006, 01:55 PM

Your avatar doesn't show very much, so I guess it's easy to confuse. I didn't notice hips or anything.

Your writing tone and choice of words put off a feminine vibe, but WBB has a notable number of openly homosexual men so I guess it didn't seem like a big deal. Also, your name is somewhat masculine.

But, welcome. :)

Ruffian
01-31-2006, 08:35 AM
LMFAO!

Thanks Built, Im not really cutting or bulking right now. Just trying to build up strength, Ill probably stay about where I am until summer is finished and try to bulk. I find it very hard to gain weight, especially around summer time, I tend to loose my appetite completely in July.

Anyway Im uploading some pix now, Ill post them in the members pictures later.

I dont think I loook quite as bad as I thought LOL.

As for the homosexual guy comment - no worries LOL. Ill forgive you this one time ;) As long as you realize that I AM A CHICK! And no, I dont exactly have huge hips, lol, Its a part of the track build I guess, very huge legs, small upper body and virtually no hips.
*shrugs*

Its not like im going to go get botox to make em bigger or anything, tha twould just be plain disgusting!

Anthony
01-31-2006, 08:44 AM
Isn't botox for wrinkles? :p

Overall I would prefer to see more lower body work, but by the sounds of it you might be worried about the imbalance from your track days. Either way, I'd probably drop 2-4 of the direct arm exercises and add some chinups.

Oh, and good luck with your goals!

Mik
01-31-2006, 08:51 AM
Just noticed this journal. Woohoo, another Canuck!

Ruffian
01-31-2006, 08:56 AM
Whats the stuff called that they pump your lips with? I cant remember now *Scratches head*

Clearly im not a very self-obsessed chick LOL.. I know a few people who could list of nearly every plastic surgery procedure around LOL

How would you recommend I change my routine? Like I said Im jsut working out with my boy now, but I have edited some stuff (i.e. adding in a leg press). Its still a little bit too soon into it to know what I would need to change.

galileo
01-31-2006, 11:19 AM
Collagen.

Pup
01-31-2006, 11:29 AM
The addition of the leg press is a good call...on the Friday workout...throw in some lower back work...like Good Mornings or romanian deadlifts. Also, you have chest/triceps listed after that workout but no exercises...typo?

Ruffian
01-31-2006, 07:41 PM
Pup- YEs that was a typo. AS for lower back work we are doing deadlifts. Im probably going to start on 'baby got back' in March (Im just giong to use this to get down the form so Deeder can teach me)

I didnt do as much as I hoped today, had to cut it short because I got a killer headache (would have been a migraine if I didnt pop my pills). So I only got done part of my back stuff:

Front Lat Pulldowns- 75 lbs (12X4)
Assisted Pull-ups (60 lbs - 5X5)
Bent over rows - (30 lbs - 5X5)
Preacher Curls (15 lbs 12 X 2) <-- This is wher eI had to cut it short.... *Wrinkles nose*

Also, I have had this nagging pain in my left shoulder for a couple days now, its really weird because its not constant or a dull ache (I couldnt find anything that fit on that injury board thing) its just stabbing pains for a couple seconds every few minutes. Should I be doing some rotator cuff work in there too?

Built
01-31-2006, 07:53 PM
What're you doing for shoulders currently?

WBBIRL
01-31-2006, 08:41 PM

Built does get that alot, in fact my first time ever on this forum I saw her avatar and it looked like she had a fro.. I though she was a guy lol. But if Built is a guy, the that would be the only man I would want to take out to the movies and then back to my place for um well you know.... :hump:

Anyway, good luck with your goals and that six pack. sorry for spammin up teh journal

Built
01-31-2006, 08:44 PM
Hahahahahahaha!

deeder
01-31-2006, 10:05 PM
What're you doing for shoulders currently?

We don't do any direct shoulder work actually. I have bad shoulders so I ommited that from my routine... I figure they get worked enough doing bench presses and rows... Maybe she should add in a few sets to our chest day or something... What do you think?

lilmase1153
01-31-2006, 10:20 PM
:spam: :spam: Welcome to journal land

Built
01-31-2006, 11:31 PM
I like Arnies followed by side laterals, with some face down incline laterals or face pulls for rear delt work. I usually do the rear delts as a warmup, since they're such tiny muscles anyway.

The nice thing about the Arnies is not only do they hit front AND side delts, they're good for conditioning the rotator cuff, at least they seem to be on me.

I know a lot of people don't bother with direct shoulder work, but my feeling is that women often need SOME - delts develop well on men with all your androgen receptors. My delts just don't grow without SOME direct work, and these three movements have done wonders for me (I had NO shoulders when I started lifting. I was shouder-pad-woman LOL!)

My .02

KevinStarke
02-01-2006, 02:58 PM
Great lookin workout. Nice pulldowns.

Ruffian
02-01-2006, 05:15 PM
I like Arnies followed by side laterals, with some face down incline laterals or face pulls for rear delt work. I usually do the rear delts as a warmup, since they're such tiny muscles anyway.

The nice thing about the Arnies is not only do they hit front AND side delts, they're good for conditioning the rotator cuff, at least they seem to be on me.

I know a lot of people don't bother with direct shoulder work, but my feeling is that women often need SOME - delts develop well on men with all your androgen receptors. My delts just don't grow without SOME direct work, and these three movements have done wonders for me (I had NO shoulders when I started lifting. I was shouder-pad-woman LOL!)

My .02

We're going to try to work this in on my routine Built!

On other news; we FINALLY bought some BF calipers and used this (http://www.rustyiron.net/formfem7.htm) site to calculate our BF %'s. Mine came out to about 17%, which is right around where myself, deeder and Built had guessed. Not bad I suppose!

But yeah, as for the whoel shoulder thing I definately am thinking Im putting some unnecessary strain on my rotator cuff (thats about where the pain is comng from) so for the next couple weeks we are going to put in some shoulder/ and cuff work into my routine. I guess its just with that whole general muscle building phase.

Oh... and I bought some Whey! Chocolate flavoured *licks lips* Mighty tasty!

Ruffian
02-02-2006, 08:33 AM
Ok well I went to workout today, I havnt actually had a chance to do this part of the split yet (ive had to work or been sick) so it was pretty difficult for me. My pecs are sore as hell!

Flat Bench Presses - 60 lbs (5X5)
Incline Bench Presses - 40 lbs (3X5), 50 lbs (X5)
Incline Dumbbell Presses - 10 lbs (1 X 5), 15 lbs (2X5), 20 lbs (2X5)
Tricep Dips - on the assisted machine- my triceps were DEAD - 75 lbs (5X5)
Tricep Cable Pushdowns - 35lbs (8X3)
Abs - 135 lbs (2X10), 150 lbs (X10)

This was a morning workout which is something I am not used to.... .me and mornings dont' get along too well! Anyway, I had a protein shake before i went in (with milk) and it seemed to give me a bit of a boost of energy once I got in there (I dont normally have much for breakfast... bad I know). Anyway, considering I hadnt done this before i was pretty happy with how it went. We did a bit of a shoulder warmup before we went in (with some rotator cuff work) so that was good. My shoulders are pretty sore today though, I'm definately going to have to do some more rotator cuff work!

Deeder also showed me a couple shoulder exercises i could do so I will be throwing them in on either monday or friday depending on how my time is. Im hoping that will help take care of my shoulder issues. Anyway, I was pretty happy with how it went, hopefully tomorrows wil be good too!

Im going to start tracking my calories this week and then next week im going to start a slow cut. My intent is to drop about 4% body fat for the summer time - Built estimated about 6 lbs, which will bring me down to 13% or so. Then Ill start a slow 10 lb bulk over the winter.

KevinStarke
02-02-2006, 08:40 AM
Nice looking workout, awesome benching.

Ruffian
02-04-2006, 08:38 AM
Yet again we are changing our routine. This time adding Arnies (10-12 X 3), Incline Rear Press' and Front lateral raises to our Friday workout.

Rack Pulls:
15 x 60lbs
5 x 80lbs
(5 x 90 lbs) X 2
(5 x 110lbs) X 3

--> My first time doing rack pulls so I didnt know how much I could do, I definately could have done the 100 for the whole 5X5... maybe even more...

DB shrugs:
12 x 30lbs for 3 sets
--> Wasnt hard on my traps, but I just couldnt hold anymore... I think I am going to throw some static holds in somewhere during the week too...

Calf Raises:
12 x 70 lbs for 5 sets

AS Built suggested we threw in some shoulder work, although I read that she suggested in Deeder's Journal that we do side raises instead of front. So this might change a bit yet *shrugs*

Arnies:
10 x 15 lbs for 2 sets
10 x 12 lbs for 2 sets

--> Those things HURT after all the bench crap we did yesterday, I couldnt do the 15's for my last set... I could hardly even lift them...

Incline Rear Raises:
15 lbs x 10 for 2 sets
12 lbs x 10

Front Lateral Raises:
10 x 12 lbs for 3 sets

So overall a pretty decent workout... Although my shoulders are sore as heck today. Did something funky to my hip flexor yesterday (an old hurdling injury) and it was killing for a couple hours. Its not too painful today except it kinda hurts to lift my leg .... i can live with that though.

Any suggestions for where I can throw in some static raises? Im thinking on my leg day because otherwise my arms will die... But yeah... Any suggestions? :thumbup:

KevinStarke
02-04-2006, 11:24 AM
A woman doing rack pulls, very awesome. Nice workout!

Built
02-04-2006, 11:54 AM
I wouldn't worry about the direct trap work - if you're doing deads, rack pulls (I'm so glad you're doing these!), RDLs, the traps will take care of themselves.

What kind of static raises, and why?

deeder
02-04-2006, 03:21 PM
What kind of static raises, and why?

She meant static holds --> for grip...

Ruffian
02-04-2006, 03:34 PM
She meant static holds --> for grip...
:withstupi

Sorry I had a bit of a brain fart there *Smacks head*. I was at work and clearly wasnt paying much attn.

Built
02-04-2006, 03:35 PM
Oh, okay.

My grip strength sucks. I still need hubby to open jars for me.

Clifford Gillmore
02-04-2006, 06:07 PM
Workouts are looking brutal!

Ruffian
02-07-2006, 02:21 PM
Well yesterday's workout was cut short, Deeder ended up pulling something in his back. We were doing 1 rep maxes for squats and unfortunately that was all we got done.

Oh well... My legs were dead by the end anyway ;)

40 lbs- 15 reps
70 lbs - 10 reps
80 lbs - 5 reps
90 lbs - 5 reps
95 lbs - 2 reps
100- 1 rep
105 - 1 rep
110 - 1 rep
115- 1 rep
120 - 1 rep
125 - 1 rep
130 - 1 rep

The next two I will admit were not ass to the floor:
135 - 1 rep
140 - 1 rep

I had never done a one rep max before so I had no idea where I woudl lie (If you are wondering why I was only going up by 5 lbs). I came within 10 lbs of my goal but no matter what I did I could not get the last 10 pounds up. My legs gave out... So that was my day yesterday. Today we arent working out (going to give Deeder's back some rest) so our usual tuesday work will be moved to wednesday for this week.

Im still frustrated I didnt get to the last ten, I totally could have if I woudlnt have done so many reps... Oh well.. my first time I guess

KevinStarke
02-07-2006, 04:29 PM
Awesome squats, nice strength Ruff

-TIM-
02-07-2006, 04:31 PM
Your boy is a bit shallow, I'd be laying on the "you look great the way you are" comments! Its the right thing to do :DJudging from her avatar, and track background, I'm sure she does look great.

Clifford Gillmore
02-08-2006, 07:27 AM
Judging from her avatar, and track background, I'm sure she does look great.

And she does to boot! I'd love to land a girl with some kind of low Bf like that. Why do I get the big ones? Heh.

Ruffian
02-09-2006, 11:20 AM
Yesterday's workout was pretty decent, I didnt eat for quite a while before hand and so my energy was lacking. Oh well...

Front Lat Pulldowns- 75 lbs (3 X 12)
Assisted pullups- 60 lbs (2X5), 65 lbs (3X5)
Bent over rows- 80 lbs (5X5)
Preacher Curls - 20 lbs (1X12), 15 lbs (2 X 15)
Alternate Seated Dumbbell Curls - 15 lbs (2X5), 20 lbs (1X5) --> Ended up hurting my arm somehow or another and it started getting really sore around my elbow.. So I stopped these.
Toe Raises - 60 lbs (4X12) --> Can definately bump this up next time.
Abs - 15 reps at 120 (5 straight and then 5 to each side), 135 lbs (2 X5), 150 (2 X5), 165 (1 X 5)

KevinStarke
02-09-2006, 11:30 AM
Strong back and arm day, nice bent rows.

Ruffian
03-28-2006, 07:10 PM
Wow... Ok my laptop died on me so I havnt had much computer access.. I am still alive and lifting however and figured Id post a bit of an update.

My latest max's are as follows:
Squat - 95 (5X5)
Bench - 75 (5X5)
Rack Pulls - 220 (5X5) ---> tried these the next week and couldnt move them :(
Bent over rows - 90 (5X5)
SLDL - 130 (3X8)

Those are really the only ones that matter... so Ill move on ;)

I switched to a version of Baby Got Back on Built's advice... LEt me know if Im missing/should change anything. Deeder thinks it looks ok so I suppose Ill take his advice ;)

Monday
Rack pulls (5x5)
Bent over rows (3x8)
Flat Bench Press (5X5)
Incline Dumbless Press (3x8)
Calf raises (seated) (3x12-20)

Tuesday
squats (5x5)
leg press (3x8)
Leg Curls (4x12)
Seated Alternating Bicep Curls (5X5)
Preacher Curls (3X8)
Weighted Cable Pulldowns (3x8-12)

Wednesday
Sprint interval training (I guess you guys call it HIIT)

Thursday
Chins (5x5)
Behind the Neck Pulldowns (3X8)
Arnolds (5X5)
Side Laterals (3X8)
Bent Over Side Laterals (3X10)
Calves (standing) (3x8-10)

Friday
Deadlift (5x5)
SLDL (3x8)
Lunges (or leg extensions depending on my knees) (3x15)
Dips (5x5)
Cable Pressdowns (3x8)
Weighted Cable Pulldowns (3x8-12)

I cant wait to get my laptop back :(

Built
03-28-2006, 07:12 PM
She's BAAAAaaaack!

Nice to "see" you again! Nice weights you're putting up, too.

:)

The behind the neck lat work - is that hammer, or cable?

deeder
03-28-2006, 08:20 PM
CAble, we dont have hammer here.

And yes Im back.... although only temporarily until I get my computer back *waves fist at Best Buy* Then its finals and then Im home free and doing lots of workout over the summer.

Im kinda torn as to where I want to go with this....
Option 1) get back into track and field
Option 2) maybe look into competing (in figure not bodybuilding). Theres not a huge industry for it up here but over the summers (Starting next year) ill be down in orlando and Im sure I could find somethign down there. Dunno yet... I think ill just kinda go with what I have planned for now and see what I decide to do later.

Ruffian
03-28-2006, 08:21 PM
Oopsie daisys!

That was me ^^

Forgot to sign out of deeder's account

deeder
03-28-2006, 10:25 PM
Oopsie daisys!

That was me ^^

Forgot to sign out of deeder's account
Oh good! I thought I had developped an alter ego! I didn't think I wanted to compete in figure competitions! :p

Stackattack
03-28-2006, 10:34 PM
You rack pull 220? :eek:
That is awesome!

Skinny Fat
03-29-2006, 08:08 AM
Y'know, just as I was envisioning deeder in two-piece, flexing for the judges... ;)

Sorry to hear about the laptop - but at least you're still lifting strong! What's in Orlando for you? I grew up an hour away...

Ruffian
03-29-2006, 08:34 AM
Y'know, just as I was envisioning deeder in two-piece, flexing for the judges... ;)

Sorry to hear about the laptop - but at least you're still lifting strong! What's in Orlando for you? I grew up an hour away...

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!

Oh god... that is a funny picture alright... I think I will have to put that on my photoshop when I get my laptop back, Ill post in on here for ya'll to see!

Anyway... Green cards, I have to be there over the summer or ill lose it *shrugs*. So ill probably be working for a farm somewhere in Ocala area (IF I get one, Im hoping I will) - I love horses :P

And yes, I WAS VERY PROUD of my 220 lb rack pull :D Thats the first one of anything I have done that has breached the 200 lb mark. I cant wait till my squat gets there though...

Oh... as for the laptop.... Screen cracked and I SHOULD be getting it back this week... I miss it so much, its amazing how fast you get accustomed to regular computer access.

Skinny Fat
03-29-2006, 09:57 AM
Anyway... Green cards, I have to be there over the summer or ill lose it *shrugs*. So ill probably be working for a farm somewhere in Ocala area (IF I get one, Im hoping I will) - I love horses :P

And yes, I WAS VERY PROUD of my 220 lb rack pull :D Thats the first one of anything I have done that has breached the 200 lb mark. I cant wait till my squat gets there though...

Word.

Ocala for the summer, huh? Ever been there? I went to school less than an hour north, in Gainesville, and let me tell ya, it's going to be like a hot, wet blanket alllll summer. Hope you enjoy humidity. :) My cousin's really into horses, too - they've got a few of those in Ocala. ;)

I hear ya on cracking that 200 lb mark. For me, it was the first time I put two plates on each side and picked it up like it was nothing - there's that realization of 'huh, I guess I could be strong.'

Good luck on the Florida trip, and if you need some pointers of places to eat/go/see, just let me know - I know that part of the country like the back of my han... huh, never saw that before...

:)

jkirkpatrick
03-29-2006, 12:33 PM
Built's routine is solid. I'm using it now (somewhat modified on legs) and I'll be sticking to it for a while.

The only thing that I find difficult is doing rack pulls and then the next day doing squats. For that reason, I'm going to stick with barbell rows and cable rows and not do rack pulls. I also like doing barbell pullovers on the vertical back day. Other than that, looks good. It'll be interesting to see how your CNS holds up using your one off day (Wednesday) for HIIT.

Good luck! :thumbup: