PDA

View Full Version : i'm tryin hard to eat right.

Tacklebait
01-27-2006, 11:46 PM
Alright so i've downloaded fitday(purchased it) thought i'd support the cause. And i am customizing all the foods i eat in the day. And now that i look at it my diet mostly consists of cottage cheese/milk/proteinshakes/peanutbutter toast/poached eggs.. umm and those are my solid food for the last couple days.. and its sad. I have looked up the stickies and found "what a bodybuilder eats". And i will be making a grocery list tomorow.

i guess i'm just curious if you guys find yourself eating the same stuff regularly day after day?

and on another note do you guys precook meals for lunches and such?
like pasta with chicken or what not. I mean cook alot extra so you have 3 or 4 more goes out of it the rest of the week and just stick it into portions. Its gonna be tuff for me to get into a healthy routine where i eat 3000+ calories a day.

Any pointers on making this easier for me?

And maybe we could start a typical "meal" thread here to. Just different meals you find to be healthy and well balanced.. list one.. or a bunch. Or if its been done.. direct me in that way.

Built
01-28-2006, 12:01 AM
I prepack a whole day's worth of food ahead of time. Makes for easy calorie tracking.

I'm a bit sloppy about it on a bulk, but religious about it on a cut.

Spartacus
01-28-2006, 01:22 AM
my meals are pretty much standardised to set calorie levels. so i can eat whatever i want; no need to eat teh same thing every day.

tigo
01-28-2006, 02:33 AM
sometimes you have to eat the same thigns regularly, but its easy to find variation i think. like there are dozensof ways to prepare chicken breast, eggs.

hell something i just started doing was buy whole wheat pita bread, putting a little olive oil on it, then like a tablespoon of pasta sauce, cunks of chicken breast, and some cheese on top. bake or nuke for a few minutes and i think i have a pretty good substitue for pizza

creativity sparks when you start getting tired of eating the same thing

MJC097
01-28-2006, 10:55 AM
It sounds like you just started to change you eating habits, so all I have to say is try to stick to it and you will get used to it. When I first started eating well I used to be so tempted to go and eat junk food all day, but after a month I had no craving those types of food anymore and I actually liked eating cleanly.

So anyway, I will admit that the reputation gets a little old after a while, but you will get used to it and learn not to mind it anymore

cphafner
01-28-2006, 11:09 AM
I cook every sunday and wednesday for the next few days. I prepack all my foods for the day. If everything is planned/rationed out, it makes things easier.