PDA

View Full Version : Is Whole Milk...

Burning Angel
01-28-2006, 07:52 AM
in the healthy fats category? its STUMP at my friends house and i dont feel like logging out of his name, and hes bulking so the only choice i had was special K with whole milk and DAMN ITS GOOD. how fattning is it?

crad
01-28-2006, 08:25 AM
in the healthy fats category? its STUMP at my friends house and i dont feel like logging out of his name, and hes bulking so the only choice i had was special K with whole milk and DAMN ITS GOOD. how fattning is it?
There's a lot of saturated fat in milk. 2% has 38% less fat than whole milk. Personally, I don't think that the fat in milk is healthy.

tigo
01-28-2006, 12:30 PM
i think its fine.. need some saturated fats your diet anyway
i find that its hard for me to get enough fat without taking shots of olive oil.
-_-

Mbaboy
01-28-2006, 12:51 PM
Or shots of flax seed oil for that matter.

brickt.
01-28-2006, 04:02 PM
All fats 'cept for trans are 'healthy.'

cphafner
01-28-2006, 04:07 PM
milk is fine for bulking. I don't like anything more than 2%, there are better sources for fats. Milk has a lot of sugar also, which could lead to fat and bloating.

I asked a similar question when I first started on this board. Look at the very good answer from Bradley (this site really misses him).

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=34091

Spartacus
01-28-2006, 04:47 PM
no its not a healthy fat. its not the worst thing for you, but its on the negative side of the balance sheet.

waynis
01-28-2006, 05:34 PM
Whole milk is high in saturated fat. A diet high in saturated fat is a no no. Even 2% milk has near 5grams of saturated fat in one cup. Will it kill you? no but higher levels of saturated fat in your diet are not good for u. Including raising bad cholesterol levels. I would try to avoid saturated fat as much as possible and eat as many good fats as u can.

smalls
01-29-2006, 12:18 AM
Saturated fats alone are not as bad as they have been reported to be. Dont worry about it, there necassary.

Built
01-29-2006, 01:10 AM
:withstupi

Spartacus
01-29-2006, 07:01 PM
Saturated fats alone are not as bad as they have been reported to be. Dont worry about it, there necassary.

um, saturated fats are not essential. a bit here or there won't make a difference, but bulking on whole milk isn't the healthiest thing to do. monounsaturated fat is the best to make up most of your fat calories.

Stumprrp
01-29-2006, 07:16 PM
ok i get the idea, thanks for the info, i dont plan on drinking it i just felt guilty from one really really good bowl of cereal

Holto
01-30-2006, 09:09 AM
monounsaturated fat is the best to make up most of your fat calories.

What is your reasoning behind this?

brickt.
01-30-2006, 04:51 PM
IMHO:

Mono: 50% of total fat, bascically from olive oil, macadamias etc
Poly: 20% of total fat, EFA's, other stuff that gets picked up
Sat: 30% of total fat, Egg Yolks, Coconut Oil, Dairy
Trans: 0% of total fat, I like life.

Spartacus
01-30-2006, 06:08 PM
What is your reasoning behind this?

while both saturated and monounsaturated increase hdl, saturated fat also increases ldl.

also, while completely cutting out saturated fats can have negative effects on testosterone levels, if you are not doing some super low fat diet, this shouldn't be a problem. i'm also not sure if those were free testosterone levels either.

monounsaturated fats are also easier for you fat cells to release when you're trying to cut, so eating a lot of saturated fats could make getting ripped harder.

plus saturated fats hurt insulin sensitivity in muscle.

& it can cause leptin resistance