PDA

View Full Version : Newbie with a question, go figure

VATech
01-29-2006, 08:31 PM
Hey all,

I am about 5'10'' or so and weighing around 160. As you can see, I have a bit of bodyfat around the spare tire area I need to get rid of. I average around 200 grams of protein a day, with multiple bars and chicken breasts throughout the day. I also take creatine and glutamine, and started NO-xplode two weeks ago to see what the hype is.

I am on a four day split with a rest day.
Day one: chest/tris
Day two: Shoulders
Day three: legs
Day four: back/bis
Day five: off

I have def grown and gotten stronger in the last few months. However, that spare tire is like Carrot Top the comedian, I just cant seem to get rid of it.

Thus, I am looking for suggestions to get that "spring break bod" that all college students hope for but rarely put in the time to achieve. I have lifted for years, but it is within the last few months that I have been truly dilligent about the nutritional side of the game.

Thanks,

Jeff

RBB
01-29-2006, 09:22 PM
Thus, I am looking for suggestions to get that "spring break bod" that all college students hope for but rarely put in the time to achieve. I have lifted for years, but it is within the last few months that I have been truly dilligent about the nutritional side of the game.

Thanks,

Jeff
if you're looking for the spring break body just hit up the curls and bench. if you're looking for a good routine try one of the wbb routines. honestly, i don't think you have enough mass on you to have a good cut. if looking good at spring break is your only goal i guess you could diet until then. otherwise, start a bulk and hit your compound lifts hard and heavy. nice to see another hokie on the board.

imageD
01-29-2006, 09:30 PM
"spring break bod"

LMAO

VATech
01-29-2006, 09:34 PM
Appreciate the response. I think the spring break quote may have thrown you off. Of course it would be great to have the killer 6-pack for then, but my goal is to get bigger.

russ
01-29-2006, 09:44 PM
Of course it would be great to have the killer 6-pack for then, but my goal is to get bigger.

Ah! Do you wanna lose your fat (which by the way you have hardly any) and be small, or do you wanna get bigger, and gain a tiny bit of fat along the way? It's your choice.

I recommend you bulk, you're lean. I don't think you should be saying you're carrying around a spare tire, because you hardly are. You need to eat more and not worry about small amounts of fat.

Or not eat at all if all you want is a 6 pack. :whip:

1r15h
01-30-2006, 03:05 AM
I'd suggest bulking to add the required mass, once you have the size then cut, Im sure you'd be happier with the results

Silverback
01-30-2006, 03:15 AM
Change your split, training shoulders the day after chest and tri's is asking for an injury or little chance of gains. Either train on same day or put at least 2-3 days between them.

I dont really see any fat, focus on adding muscle, getting stronger.The bigger you are (muscular wise) the easier it is to look leaner.