PDA

View Full Version : question about cardio/cuttin

dms
01-30-2006, 12:15 PM
im going to start a cut right now....i went up from 170 -185 the past 2 months and im happy wit my size..but my gut is really bugging me....its not big or anything..like i mean i still have a 4 pack when i flex...but whne i sit down it just builges out and hangs...its pretty bad....

im going to lower my caloric intake...and cut out the bad food.,.. and continue to take lots of protein (1gram per bodypound) and lift heavy...

however should i do lots of cardio as well? or very minimal and just rely on my reduction in calorie intake....

thanks

ddegroff
01-30-2006, 02:16 PM
I'm currently trying out my first cut with doing very minimal cardio (walking around campus, to and from my car). If your getting the right amount of cals you will lose weight. What is recommended around here is to start out with 500 cals less per day. If your not losing 1-2lbs per week, then lower your cals some more. Most people do cardio so they can eat more.

NormalDude
01-30-2006, 03:15 PM
I'm currently trying out my first cut with doing very minimal cardio (walking around campus, to and from my car). If your getting the right amount of cals you will lose weight. What is recommended around here is to start out with 500 cals less per day. If your not losing 1-2lbs per week, then lower your cals some more. Most people do cardio so they can eat more.

How are your results thus far? I have read plenty on here from people who know what they are talking about and they all seem to say cardio is not needed. That ofcourse goes against all the old myths we hae been fed forever. Now I have to ask what is the point of cardio then? I mean for getting internally healthy? better heart and lungs or better breathing? I know it helps get rid of asthma

ddegroff
01-30-2006, 03:26 PM
yeah its good for your heart... I feel we are in a time of new, all of the old myths are just that, a myth. I've been at it so far for 2 weeks. Its been goin good so far about 4lbs lost, going to weigh myself tonight at the gym to see what I'm at right now. I also walk about 1hr per day 5 days per week. I tend to walk fast to get my heart rate up.