PDA

View Full Version : Eating junk food and still getting ripped?

Titanium2004
01-30-2006, 08:14 PM
I saw my buddy I havent seen in a few months and he gained about 15 pounds as well as become pretty ripped. I asked him what he did and he basically said he ate alot. I asked him what his diet was like and he said whatever he wanted which included alot of junk food. How is this possible? I have kept reading about eating healthy fats and now I see this guy who eats more junk food than the average guy and is ripped as hell. He did take some protein and weight gaining supplements but still. Any reason how this is possible?

Natetaco
01-30-2006, 08:26 PM
i eat whatever i want and i have 5-6% bodyfat according to a scale my friend has and my sports medicine teacher. i am in wrestling so its conditioning basically for 2 hours everyday

SpecialK
01-30-2006, 08:29 PM
If he burns more cals than he consumes, then he will lose weight. It's as simple as that. How big is he? If he had a lot of muscle to begin with then I'd imagine it would be pretty hard to hold on to it if you were in a caloric deficit AND eating a junk food diet.

But the average person could get ripped while eating junk food so as long as they were always burning more cals than they were consuming.

Titanium2004
01-30-2006, 08:36 PM
He was never really ripped to begin with. The weird thing is not the fact that he lost weight and got ripped, but he gained weight and got ripped, specifically through junk food .

Optimum08
01-30-2006, 08:52 PM
i bet that it was NOT specifically through junk food...unless this guys definition of junk food is different.

Shao-LiN
01-30-2006, 09:54 PM
i eat whatever i want and i have 5-6% bodyfat according to a scale my friend has and my sports medicine teacher. i am in wrestling so its conditioning basically for 2 hours everyday

Use calipers...those scales aren't accurate at all.

Titanium2004
01-30-2006, 10:39 PM
He told me he goes out to eat every other day (i.e. Carls Jr, Subway, Papa Johns) and the other days his mom makes him something. Maybe good genetics?

ShockBoxer
01-31-2006, 06:18 AM
The only problem I have when I eat out is getting enough protein into my calorie allowance. A trip to McD usually means I don't get anymore than 120 grams of protein in a day because of all the extra carbs (usually I get 180+). It didn't stop me from losing 40 pounds and didn't magically make me pile on the fat when I was maintaining.

Natetaco
01-31-2006, 06:32 AM
Use calipers...those scales aren't accurate at all.

alright... well im still really lean and i eat pretty much what i want. i had a friend and last summer he drank like 6 cokes a day and ate junk all the time and he was ripped as hell but he worked out/ran/did condiditioning everyday

Jorge Sanchez
01-31-2006, 08:05 AM
People suggest eating clean for health reasons mainly. Yes it will help limit your fat gains to a certain extent, but when it comes down to it, calories are calories.

malkore
01-31-2006, 01:24 PM
People suggest eating clean for health reasons mainly. Yes it will help limit your fat gains to a certain extent, but when it comes down to it, calories are calories.

And because clean foods are often less calorie dense, so you can consume more food, feel full, but still stay within your dietary goals. Its just easier to stay full and lean out on a clean diet. Avoiding the cravings for sweets and fried stuff, is the tricky part :)