PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With My Diet, Many Opinions Please

NBounyavong
01-31-2006, 03:31 PM
Hi, this is my first ever post of any kind about weightloss or anything to do with exercise. I'm 20 years old and I'm a 5'8" 160lb female. After my first year of college I gained some weight (some birthcontrol weight, some food weight). I used to be around 130 and want to get there again, hopefully with the help of you guys! My main problem area is basically my stomach area it's huge now! I was wondering if you guys had any ideas for workouts (i.e. how many times a week, what exercises to do, how much cardio, etc.). Also what diet should I follow? Could you guys please include some kind of diet, and how many calories per day, g of fat per day, and all that other good stuff. All opinions/suggestions will be much appreciated! Thanks a lot,

Unreal
01-31-2006, 03:46 PM
Just follow Builts plan. Doesn't get any better then that for a female. Her diet/training routine is in her sig. Do like she does and you can look like a goddess also.

Built
01-31-2006, 03:49 PM
Hi there!

LOL@ Unreal

Welcome to the board, NB

Have a look at my cutter, start a journal, and let me know what I can do to help.

NBounyavong
01-31-2006, 04:26 PM
Thanks Built. So in order to get back down to my weight I don't have to do a lot of cardio daily? Also if I do all that lifting will that help me lose the weight as well? Sorry I'm not very knowledgeable about these things. So you think I should be around 2300 calories like you? And less than .5g fat per pound?

brickt.
01-31-2006, 04:32 PM
And less than .5g fat per pound?

NO. At LEAST 0.5g fat per pound. Fat is an ESSENTIAL nutrient, you will die without it. **** the media and all those who condemn it, it makes losing weight alot easier. Good Luck.

lifter4life
01-31-2006, 06:44 PM
I would think her diet would be a little advanced for someone just starting out.

Built
01-31-2006, 06:48 PM
NB

Baby steps.

Go to www.fitday.com and start keeping a food journal there.

When you've done it for a week, drop me a line and I'll talk you through it, k?

(and the fat thing is pretty important - low fat diets are NOT good for fat loss. You just stay too darned hungry, and you might not get enough fat for good health. More later.)

NBounyavong
02-01-2006, 07:55 PM
hey thanks a lot. Hey Brickt what do you recommend I do then if her diet is too advanced? And what kind of working out cardio etc.

brickt.
02-01-2006, 08:05 PM
Just follow Built, she'll get you lean as hell. And, dieting ISN'T complicated, at all. Once you've got the plan, you just repeat ad nauseam, and watch the fat melt.