PDA

View Full Version : Diet ( on gaining weight )

Cadillac Jones
01-31-2006, 07:10 PM
Hey, I am on a mission to gain weight not just because I want to but because I play sports. I am currently runnin track so I dont wont to gain weight in the wrong places( sprinter ). In a year i am going to college to play football. So I would like to be bigger of course.

Weight - 140-145lbs. Possibly heavier but doubt it.
Height - 5'10 - 5'11
Age - 18
-

I know I suspose to eat and eat, I do actually I eat almost 4 or 5 times a day But I dont think thats smart hence I am a sprinter. But normally I eat 3 times a day. Im going to start lifting more weights, getting a membership to a gym.

My question is Am I on the right track and any ideas on what should I be eating or eating more of to help gain more weight/mass?

Thank you in Advance.

Built
01-31-2006, 07:13 PM
Make sure you get in at least a gram of protein per pound LBM, and at least a half a gram of fat per pound LBM.

Other than that, track your food on www.fitday.com. If you're not gaining, eat more.

Cadillac Jones
01-31-2006, 07:19 PM
Make sure you get in at least a gram of protein per pound LBM, and at least a half a gram of fat per pound LBM.

How do I do that or know if im not doing it already?

Thanks for replying

Built
01-31-2006, 07:26 PM
Um ...
track your food on www.fitday.com.

time2grown06
01-31-2006, 07:56 PM
Curious as to what position you'll play in college football. Your gonna need to put on some serious weight if your only 140. I'm guessing you'll be either a wide receiver or maybe a cornerback? Are you going to play division 1?

Cadillac Jones
01-31-2006, 08:01 PM
Curious as to what position you'll play in college football. Your gonna need to put on some serious weight if your only 140. I'm guessing you'll be either a wide receiver or maybe a cornerback? Are you going to play division 1?

I'll be going out for Wide Reciever and Cornerback hence most if not all my experience are at those positions. Yes I'll be playing 1AA.

Optimum08
01-31-2006, 09:00 PM
off topic, but where?

drew
01-31-2006, 09:04 PM
Drink lots of milk, eat lots of beef.

Cadillac Jones
01-31-2006, 09:13 PM
Drink lots of milk, eat lots of beef.

I eat lots of cereal lol, I dont like drinking milk maybe thats why I have small frame now, rest of my family is big lol.. i eat lots of beef (Now I do).., maybe to much. But I'm going to add more food to my diet. I use to count my calories, got tired of doing it. dont know how much I take in now.

Cadillac Jones
01-31-2006, 09:14 PM
off topic, but where?

not sure..

drew
02-01-2006, 05:57 PM
When I got stuck at 194, I stopped counting calories, and started eating more high-density protein foods like beef and salmon and chicken. And I ate until I was full everytime. I also added whole milk to my diet and started eating icecream and peanutbutter every day. This brought me up to 205 very quickly. I'm kinda hovering right now, as I have 2 meets in the next 10 weeks and want to compete at 198. But after that, back to gaining.

Good luck.

frucyjuit
02-01-2006, 06:51 PM
i think you're using hence incorrectly

doesn't it mean therefore, and not because?

ArchAngel777
02-02-2006, 09:00 AM
not sure..

He wants to know where you are going to play, for what state/city team. After all, how can you know you are going to be playing 1AA if you don't know where you are going to college? Or better yet, know that you will make the team? I don't know much about football, so maybe you are accepted at several schools and so on... Anyway, if I am wrong, feel free to correct me.

Cadillac Jones
02-02-2006, 11:18 AM
He wants to know where you are going to play, for what state/city team. After all, how can you know you are going to be playing 1AA if you don't know where you are going to college? Or better yet, know that you will make the team? I don't know much about football, so maybe you are accepted at several schools and so on... Anyway, if I am wrong, feel free to correct me.

I am still in High School my senior year. So I haven't decided on the college I want to play for, you dont know HAVE to know right now. No one knows that they will make the team. Thats why I am trying to better my skill and strength.

eatit
02-02-2006, 11:36 AM
If you're only 145 i wouldn't worry about putting on too much weight if you want to be a sprinter. You ever seen those olympic guys? they're hyoooooge (sorta)