PDA

View Full Version : Noob needing help for hockey season diet!

Myke
01-31-2006, 09:55 PM
Well, I've been lifting on and off for about the past 6 months. I lifted maybe 6 weeks before hockey making some noob gains, but my diet and routine were both pretty bad. During hockey I've learned alot about nutrition and working out, but its hard to apply it and make substantial gains when I have games 1 or 2 times a week and practice 3 or 4 times weekly. I lift when I can, doing mainly compound lifts to try to hold on to the mass I gained and maybe lose a little BF (I'm around 14-16% if I had to guess.) But, do to the next 4 weeks being game packed and the state tournament rolling around:thumbup:, it will be very hard to get any lifting in. I plan on keeping a decent diet for the remainder of the season, until I can begin my bulk after hockey. I'm considering cutting some off the fat. I figure I can get to about 11-12% before my bulk if I drop my calorie intake a little bit. I've learned alot from the BB.com forums, but alot of that knowledge is probally wrong, judging by most the posters being as big or bigger of a noob than myself. So, anyway, here is what I've kind of put together so far. I know it definately needs some work, but, I'm not lifting and I have hockey daily so I'm not sure I need to be very strict. Please critique it and give any advice. Its all very appreciated!

Diet 4 Hockey Season:

M1:
Oats, Special K, or WW Bagel (30 extra cals from Honey or Jelly)
Fruit or Fruit Juice
Fish Oil

M2:
Protein Bar (in school, not much of a choice)

M3:
Turkey Sandwich
Fruit
1 Cup Skim Milk

Hockey Practice

M4:
1 Cup Skim Milk w/1 Scoop Whey
Bagel w/ Jelly

M5:
Chicken, Tuna, Turkey, or Beef
WW Bun, Rice, or WW Pasta
Veggies

M6:
NPB w/ WW Bread, Apple slices, or WW Crackers

Calories ~ 2,000
Maintenance ~ 2,000
Hockey ~ 1.5 Hours (400 Calories?)

My theory is the burnt calories from hockey raise my maintenance to 2,400 or so, right? That'd be the calories I'm cutting.

Thanks for looking and the input!