PDA

View Full Version : Help with Bulking Diet

Smilingdonkey
02-01-2006, 05:51 AM
Hello all just got back into lifting for about a month and a half now and have made some nice gains. Im up about 17 lbs since i started :p My diet was poor in the beginning eating anything and everything. My weight is going up to fast so I'm gaining fat around my mid-section. I'm not overly concerned because I'm an ectomorph and my body is a fat burning machine, but it is an issue. I want to eat better and modify my diet to avoid to much dirty weight gains. Your advice is aprreciated.

Meal 1 N-Large Weight Gainer shake
Flax seed Oil, L-Glutamine
Multi-vitamin, Creatine

Meal 2 3oz Lean Ground Beef
2 oz Brown Rice and Veggies
1 piece 5-grain bread

Meal 3 3 Lean Hot Dogs

Meal 4 3oz Lean Ground Beef
2 oz Brown Rice and Veggies
1 piece 5-grain bread

Meal 5 N-Large Weight Gainer shake
Creatine

Meal 6 Pasta and Shrimp or Chicken

Meal 7 N-Large Weight Gainer shake
------------------------------------------------

Est 4650+ calories 233g protein 359g carbohydrates 144g fat

malkore
02-01-2006, 09:04 AM
First, ditch the hot dogs. Nothing worse than processed food, especially meat. Replace it with some chicken breast and carbs, w/ veggies.

L-glutamine is kinda worthless, so I wouldn't replenish your supply when it runs out.

UMTerp29
02-01-2006, 09:33 AM
Your macros only add up to about 3650 cals. Was that a typo or do you have 1000+ cals unaccounted for?

ddegroff
02-01-2006, 10:11 AM
When's your workout?

Also get rid of the hot dogs. Also what are you stats, height, weight, so on?

lifter4life
02-01-2006, 01:43 PM
ditch the hot dogs and too much weight gainer. Maybe replace M7 with some casien protein. I can't really help you that much without a better breakdown of the macros

Smilingdonkey
02-01-2006, 04:36 PM
Your macros only add up to about 3650 cals. Was that a typo or do you have 1000+ cals unaccounted for?

Meal 6 usually packs about 1,000 calories alone. I monitor my caloric intake pretty closely and I'm usually consuming above 4,500+ calories a day. The shakes are 800 a piece. The only reason the hotdogs are there is because its a lunch break from work and there quick to make. I'll find a substitute. I usually alternate Meal 2 and 4 with a chicken sandwich on whole grain bread with lite mayo and tomatoes.

I started at 6'0 138 lbs, skinny as hell and am up to 158.5 lbs. Just weighed myself today and gained another 3.5lbs since last week. People at work think I'm on steroids, which I am NOT! by the way. :) Making terrific progress!!! I must be doing something right. I only train 3 nights a week, Mon - Chest/Tri's Wed - Back/Bi's Sat - Legs/Shoulders

IRN-BRU
02-01-2006, 04:58 PM
Looks like there is a lot of saturated fat, and high GI carbs. Swap tuna for the hotdogs, and have oats for breakfast and less weight gainer.

The main problem is that you're gaining weight too fast, cut down to 3800-4000 cals and aim for 1-2lb weight increase per week. Your muscles can only grow so fast, any excess cals above that sweet spot are stored as fat.

Oh and with a 3 day split, I'd do something like: chest/back, legs/shouders/arms, chest/back.

Smilingdonkey
02-01-2006, 05:16 PM
Looks like there is a lot of saturated fat, and high GI carbs. Swap tuna for the hotdogs, and have oats for breakfast and less weight gainer.

The main problem is that you're gaining weight too fast, cut down to 3800-4000 cals and aim for 1-2lb weight increase per week. Your muscles can only grow so fast, any excess cals above that sweet spot are stored as fat.

Oh and with a 3 day split, I'd do something like: chest/back, legs/shouders/arms, chest/back.

Thanks for the advice, yea i was kind of worried about gaining to fast too quick. I plan on cutting my calores a bit.