PDA

View Full Version : Pepsi

baja_stx
02-02-2006, 09:41 AM
Ok how bad would say a can of Pepsi be once in a while? Because I am really craving one today... like right now!!!

Would any food or drink inparticluar combat the bad effects of a Pepsi? Maybe? Hopefully?

ddegroff
02-02-2006, 10:04 AM
Its just all that sugar isn't good for you. I would say if you can fit 120cals of nothingness into your diet than go ahead have a pepsi. While your doing that I'm going to munch on some egg whites and green peppers, LOL.

ReelBigFish
02-02-2006, 10:34 AM
have Pepsi ONE instead, I think It tastes just like reg. pepsi, and only 1 cals per can.

malkore
02-02-2006, 10:42 AM
Or suck it up and drink some water or iced tea. Soda is so bad for you. Its not just the sugar, but the fact that is High fructose corn syrup. And the phosphoric acid makes the blood leech calcium from teeth and bones to offset the increased phosphorus in the bloodstream.

Genacide
02-02-2006, 10:51 AM
I had a Vernors today for the first time in maybe 6 months (that includes other sodas as well) I wanted to break up the flem (?) in my throat and it usually does the trick. Well.... After I drank maybe half the bottle I got nasty heart burn.

I use to drink a lot of soda, but once you get away from it, your health is better, and your wallet is thicker. I know some people that drink a few a day. At 1.25 per (give or take) thats 3.75 a day, thats over $4050 a year in soda. CRAZY to think about.

baja_stx
02-02-2006, 11:15 AM
Well I'm drinking one right now and damn it tastes good.

I was also one of the people who drank 2-3 or more a day, but I haven't had a single one in over 2 weeks and have just been craving one like crazy.

Holto
02-02-2006, 01:17 PM
Best time for a soda is post workout.

ddegroff
02-02-2006, 01:39 PM
The tour de france riders drink soda in the middle of the race to get sugar and sodium. So i guess it does have its purposes.

Canadian Crippler
02-02-2006, 02:14 PM
What are your current goals? If you're bulking, don't be afraid.

baja_stx
02-02-2006, 09:31 PM
What are your current goals? If you're bulking, don't be afraid.

Well right now I'm just getting back into lifting and watching what I eat. At the moment I'm just trying to loose a little weight (10-15 lbs.) and get back some of the muscle that I've lost from not lifting in almost 2 years.

I really need to cut and bulk; I have to rebuild some muscle and strength, but I also have some fat to loose. I'll give my current routine about a month and see what I weigh before I decide what I'm going to do. My current diet alone should be enough to shed 5-10 lbs. in a month's time... no more triples w/ a side 5 pc. nugget from Wendy's. I've only started eating clean and going back to the gym now for a little over 2 weeks and I've honestly been amazed at how my body/muscles are reacting to lifting weights again. Like, I have a pump for days it seems, but I've also been sore for days too. I did notice that my strength has almost doubled. Just for kicks I tried to put up 225lbs. on the flat bench my first day back to the gym and it was really a joke... down to the chest and back up about 1 inch; today I got it up almost twice.

Thanks for the input guys. That Pepsi at lunch today was good, but I'm going to try to stay away from them or at least only have 1 a week. I was just wondering how bad they really are.

DarthDave
02-02-2006, 09:34 PM
I use to down 2-4 pepsi's a day... I went cold turkey 2 years, 21 days ago and have not had a soda since.

I have a better appetite and for a hardgainer, ditching the soda has been good to me.

baja_stx
02-02-2006, 09:42 PM
BTW I'm currently 6'1", 208 lbs, and according to my home scale my BF% is 22%.

My current short term goal is to weigh about 200 by July 1st. I'm hoping to loose about 15 lbs of fat and gain roughly 5+ lbs of muscle. I think this will put me around 15% BF.

TurboRush91
02-03-2006, 08:06 AM
What about having a diet soda? Is that still just as bad?

rk77
02-03-2006, 11:11 AM
Its has zero calories, def. better then soda which has like 150 of pure HFCS sugar calories. Just drink that stuff in moderation because who knows what a lot of artifical sweetner can do. Stick to a can or two a day if u must and you'll be fine, prob dont wanna go much more then that. Taste bad at first but you actually get kind of used to it. Plus some flavors are much better then others. Diet cherry vanilla Dr. Pepper tastes good.

Skinny_DiezeL
02-04-2006, 01:11 PM
Diet cherry vanilla Dr. Pepper tastes good.
diet dr. pepper and diet cherry vanilla are the two diets i can find that closest match the originals, imo. :cool:

Optimum08
02-04-2006, 08:05 PM
i personally love diet anything, i can't stand regular stuff except for like sprite...my fav sodas are diet pepsi w/lime and diet coke w/lime and diet mt. dew...i also like diet rockstar energy drink...

Shao-LiN
02-04-2006, 08:43 PM
Or if you're really craving regular for some reason, and you have self control, then you can realize that 1 can isn't going to give you a brain tumor.

CrazyPalm
02-05-2006, 03:11 AM
This question wouldn't even enter my mind... like Nike says - Just do it.