PDA

View Full Version : Why We Eat Eggs?

PeterGriffin
02-03-2006, 03:52 PM
So why do BBers eat eggs? Should it be part of our diets or optional?

getfit
02-03-2006, 04:07 PM
good source of protein and omega 3(essential fatty acids)

brickt.
02-03-2006, 04:23 PM
As the lady said, excellent source of protein and fat... they're satiating and tasteh.

Bob
02-03-2006, 04:28 PM
And remember... more egg whites to yellows...
I usually keep it 4 to 1 at least.. sometimes 6 to 1...

Kiaran
02-03-2006, 04:36 PM
The body is able to utilize some proteins more efficiently than others. Eggs are among the top quality proteins when it comes to your body. Whey protein is even more quality, which is why we all drink/eat it. Also, when you remove the yolk from the egg, and just consume the whites, it is solid protein; no fat and no carbs. You do the math.

When consuming the yolks, you take in saturated fat, a TON of cholesterol (70-90% RDA in 1 egg), and unsaturated fats (including omega3 and omega6). Apparently hens that are caged all the time lay eggs that contain far less amounts of omega3 fats and a lot of omega6 fats. Cage free hens are supposed to lay eggs that contain eqaul amounts of omega3 and omega6. The point being that people are supposed to eat a 1:1 ratio of omega3 and omega6 fats. Most Americans apparently have diets way too high in omega6 and low in omega3...anyway, if you toss the yolk, buy the cheap eggs (if you don't mind antibodies and steroids in them).

crazyaoshi
02-03-2006, 05:31 PM
And they're cheap.

Cadillac Jones
02-03-2006, 05:33 PM
I have a question and Im new to this sorry if its dumb but... When BBers say eat eggs .. is that scrambled or boilded?

ncsuLuke
02-03-2006, 05:44 PM
an egg is an egg if you scramble it boil it or "fry" it

Bruise Brubaker
02-03-2006, 06:03 PM
Is there a single reason to not eat the eggs yellow? Unless one wants to avoid the calories, I only see benefits.

More protein, more good fat, more vitamins, you do the math.

waynis
02-03-2006, 06:29 PM
Is there a single reason to not eat the eggs yellow? Unless one wants to avoid the calories, I only see benefits.

More protein, more good fat, more vitamins, you do the math.

I don't see why you couldn't. I eat 6-9 whole eggs a day. Eggs make up a good portion of my fat intake.

Spartacus
02-04-2006, 12:57 AM
because they make pancakes yummy?

wheels
02-04-2006, 02:43 AM
yummy pancakes

tigo
02-06-2006, 11:23 AM
taste good, easy to prepare... ground turkey with 3 egg whites and 1 whole egg.. maybe sprinkle some cheese and salt.. one tasty omlette thats mostly protein and healthy fats

ddegroff
02-06-2006, 12:44 PM
"Eggs - In terms of its biological value (a measure of protein quality, assessed by determining how well a given food or food mixture supports nitrogen retention), eggs are the best source for which you could ask. On a scale of 100%, egg whites have a BV value of 100%. Yay for the egg! And no, you don’t need to be like Rocky and down a raw egg shake in the morning (although it would be totally sweet if you could help bring an end to the Cold War by beating up a giant Soviet heavyweight). Actually, doing so will interfere with biotin absorption from the egg yolk due to the high traces of avidin found in raw egg whites. Besides, cooking your eggs denatures the protein, which increases its bioavailability." by Tony Gentilcore

I found that on the articles page... very useful

mikey4402
02-06-2006, 01:46 PM
i eat 4-6 eggs almost every day, yoke and all. yummmy

but if you stop and think what an egg is, its kindda Disgusting... ohhh well chomp chomp

getfit
02-06-2006, 02:14 PM
I don't see why you couldn't. I eat 6-9 whole eggs a day. Eggs make up a good portion of my fat intake.
yep.

skaterdude
02-08-2006, 11:56 AM
My girlfriend said she was going to make me pancackes this morning but when she got up she didnt have any mix!

this post made me hungry.

Habibi
02-08-2006, 01:17 PM
So why do BBers eat eggs? Should it be part of our diets or optional?Egg protein is the most bioactive of all proteins. Meaning that it has a signifgantly lower rate of conversion to glucose, and is digested better.

ddegroff
02-08-2006, 02:03 PM
^^^^ah no its not converted to glucose its broken down into amino acids. We use the excess amino acids for energy but there never converted to glucose, just atp

Read my previous post which explains why eggs are the best

ReelBigFish
02-08-2006, 04:46 PM
^^^^ah no its not converted to glucose its broken down into amino acids. We use the excess amino acids for energy but there never converted to glucose, just atp

Read my previous post which explains why eggs are the best

umm...if needed, protien will be converted to glucose, if you're in a calorie excess for instance, or if you're eating lower carbs, then body will turn the protien into glucose and either used as fuel or stored as fat.

ddegroff
02-09-2006, 12:27 PM
it doesnt break it down into glucose, the amino acids are broken down and used in the electron transport chain which is then used to make ATP. The other way is the amino acid is converted to keto acid and enters in the citric acid cycle or is converted into pyruvic acid or acetyl-Coa (these are the parts that make glucose.

Yes we use excess amino acids for energy if we eat excess cals but there not converted to glucose.