PDA

View Full Version : Fractured rib Ė out of alignment?

hank43
02-04-2006, 05:03 PM
I fractured a rib on my lower right side while wrestling. When I feel my ribs while I raise my right arm, I notice that the last rib is further in than the rest of the ribcage on that side. It does not feel that way on my left side. I donít think it is in its proper place and that has me concerned.

The doc I saw didnít seem to care and just said take 6 weeks off. I want to make sure everything is how it is suppose to be so I can go back to wrestling and not have problems with it.

Any of you folks have experience with rib injuries and how they should align? I can breathe fine but I have problems bending, lifting, and pushing.

Skinny_DiezeL
02-04-2006, 05:25 PM
Any of you folks have experience with rib injuries and how they should align? I can breathe fine but I have problems bending, lifting, and pushing.
i had a badly bruised rib once, from taking a hard slam. hurt like hell for the next couple of weeks, hard to breathe, let alone bend, lift, etc. prob. shouldve gone to the doc, but oh well.
in your case, try to get a second opinion, listen to your body. if you think its broken, or badly bruised, there's a good chance it is. maybe try to find a new doc, if this one isn't that concerned with a possible broken rib, how do you think he might react (or not react) to something more serious??