PDA

View Full Version : question on choice of bread

goodness683
02-04-2006, 06:10 PM
most of my real food meals consist of sandwiches. some kind of meat, usually chicken, a slice of cheese and mayonaise. what kind of bread is best if i want to gain weight/muscle. ive been using split top wheat. i know white bread has more calories but since its high glycemic i figured it was bad. should i be using whole wheat or multigrain instead?

Built
02-04-2006, 06:11 PM
It has more calories?

wheels
02-04-2006, 06:23 PM
It has more calories?

wouldnt whole grain or multigrain have more consider they take alot out of the flour that they use for whitebread .
i think whole grain would be a better source of nuitrients
nuitrents = good for bulking

Skinny_DiezeL
02-04-2006, 06:37 PM
wouldnt whole grain or multigrain have more consider they take alot out of the flour that they use for whitebread .
i think whole grain would be a better source of nuitrients
nuitrents = good for bulking

wonder white bread fans...taste of white bread, calories/ nutrition of wheat.. :idea: these people are either incredibly smart, incredibly bored, or a combination.. i have no idea why they call it white bread fans, the name just sounds weird for some reason, imo. :confused:

Spartacus
02-04-2006, 08:30 PM
whole wheat flour has the same calories per cup. differently loafs could be different based on what style of bread they are, but not on which sort of lfour they have.

AMG2210
02-04-2006, 10:47 PM
Whole wheat is better for you