PDA

View Full Version : i think i'm cutting wrong.

Roddy
02-05-2006, 04:42 PM
K i dont feel so sure about what i'm doing. No i didnt do much research.

I bulked from 138 to 185 in about 16 months or so.

I look good, but some of the weight was in my stomach. Others say my stomach is fine. Anyway i want to lean out.

So this is what i'm doing:
I went from 6-7 meals a day to like 3-4 evenly spaced small meals and 3 shakes.
I bought hydroxy cut ( the cheap knockoff "CUTS" from GNC)
I'm taking a ton of whey in a day ( 3 x 50gram shakes plus lotsa food protein in the day ie: chicken, cottage cheese, milk etc)
I'm running 3+km 3-4 times a week, and any day i dont run i do an all out burst on a recumbent bike at a high resistance setting for 10 minutes.
I'm drinking lots of water still and have gone off the creatine for abit (also due to costs)
and working out (weights) 3 times a week full body, moderate-heavy weights 3 sets of 6-8

So is this good? what am i missing? I'm winging it honestly.

Built
02-05-2006, 04:46 PM
Your cutting strategy sucks!

Read the link in my sig, then PM me if you need more help, k?

No cardio to start a cut. Leave that to the end, and only small amounts. Leave the creatine in for cutting. It can help.

Your fitday totals?

Roddy
02-05-2006, 04:53 PM
Fack! LOL K thanks! i'll check it out!

Built
02-05-2006, 04:54 PM
k

:)

brickt.
02-05-2006, 06:38 PM
K i dont feel so sure about what i'm doing. No i didnt do much research.

I bulked from 138 to 185 in about 16 months or so.

I look good, but some of the weight was in my stomach. Others say my stomach is fine. Anyway i want to lean out.

So this is what i'm doing:
I went from 6-7 meals a day to like 3-4 evenly spaced small meals and 3 shakes.

START COUNTING CALS, 6 MEALS A DAY, OR 4 IF YOU WANT BIGGER PORTIONS.

I bought hydroxy cut ( the cheap knockoff "CUTS" from GNC)

DIET WILL MAKE YOU LOSE WEIGHT, SOME 'FAT BURNERS' ARE GOOD, BUT NOT HYDROXICUT. BL BUDDY.

I'm taking a ton of whey in a day ( 3 x 50gram shakes plus lotsa food protein in the day ie: chicken, cottage cheese, milk etc)

LOTS OF PROTEIN WHILST CUTTING IS COOL, BUT WHOLE FOOD WILL WIN. IT'LL KEEP YOU FULLER.

I'm running 3+km 3-4 times a week, and any day i dont run i do an all out burst on a recumbent bike at a high resistance setting for 10 minutes.

TOO MUCH CARDIO, AND FAR TO EARLY. DROP IT FOR NOW.

I'm drinking lots of water still and have gone off the creatine for abit (also due to costs)

LOTS OF WATER IS GOOD, CREATINE IS UP TO YOU.

and working out (weights) 3 times a week full body, moderate-heavy weights 3 sets of 6-8

LIFT HEAVY, HEAVY, HEAVY. 3 x 6 - 7 IS GOOD.

So is this good? what am i missing? I'm winging it honestly.

DON'T 'WING IT' WHILST CUTTING, MUSCLE IS TOO DAMN PRESCIOUS

Thoughts in capitals.

Built
02-05-2006, 07:28 PM
:withstupi

Great post brickt.

Con
02-07-2006, 05:44 PM
Um, built I read your articles, and I never came across something saying not to do cardio, I know you said its kinda crummy for leaning out, but how much is an acceptable amount when you first start out?

Built
02-07-2006, 07:57 PM
It's not a matter of "acceptable" - it's a question of why you're doing it.

Some people go snakey if they don't run a few times a week. Others just seem to get beat up from a lot of cardio (raises hand). You'll have to figure out your own levels.

For me, walking for up to an hour most days doesn't seem to do me any harm, but jogging 10k 3x a week damned near destroyed me.

I walk for pleasure and for my heart. But I use diet for weight control, and heavy lifting to gain/hang onto LBM.

brickt.
02-08-2006, 01:03 AM
Average people use cario to lose weight. Notice how they find it a very hard, slow and ****ed up process? I do cardio for recovery and mind clearing. Diet is king.

Hoominaga
02-08-2006, 01:31 AM
Personally, I enjoy cardio, but just because it gives me time to listen to music and take my mind off of things. I probably do the cycle 5-6 times a week, and do anywhere from 10-19 miles, depending on how I feel.