PDA

View Full Version : not sure what to do

largeandlovely
02-05-2006, 10:14 PM
I've been lifting for about 3 years now. I got serious about it 6 months or so ago, and now I've kind of reached a point of not knowing what to do. I've got good muscularity, but with a decent sized gut. I'm 6'3" and weigh 228. I'd compare my overall build to this guy http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=72360 , minus his back development. I've only recently started hitting my back hard, so my lats don't have that size to them yet. Here's my predicament, I don't know whether I should cut or try and put on some more muscle. I'd really like to get rid of my excess BF, but a bit more muscularity in some areas sounds good too. I've gotten my PBF checked in a few different ways, but I have not been able to get a trainer at my gym to do it yet. I've absorbed enough information from various sources to know how to bulk and how to cut, but I'm just not sure which to start with. btw, I've tried using caliper to test BF, says 20%, but I'm not sure if i used it right. also, used some scale in the trainer's office at my school, says I'm 13% BF ':P

tigo
02-06-2006, 01:52 AM
school scale is probably wrong..

IMO, in your situation i would cut first, then bulk, because the less lean you are when you bulk, the more fat your body will gain.. and from the soundof your post, you want to lose the "decent sized gut"

but in the end its all really up to you and your preferences.. if you like cutting or bulking

largeandlovely
02-06-2006, 04:58 PM
you're right. I was leaning towards the cut, but putting on mass is so easy and tempting :P I'll stick with it, though, let you guys know how it turns out.