PDA

View Full Version : Results of my cut unexpected

Unreal
02-06-2006, 02:17 PM
So I've been cutting for awhile now. Averaging about 2500 cals a day for the week. Normally daily intake is about 2200-2300 with one cheat day a week to average out to 2500 or so for the week. Protein 200+g a day, fats are 70-80 a day, carbs are normally in the 100-120 range but it varies. So last time I was on the scale I weighed 195lbs. So yesterday my friend who is starting a weight program with my advice weighed himself to get a starting point. He insisted I weigh myself, so I did. 226lbs! Not sure how that happened. Not sure if I should be happy or sad. Ohh well.

Built
02-06-2006, 02:24 PM
Same scale? Same time of day? Same level of undress? Empty?

Unreal
02-06-2006, 02:28 PM
Same scale, not same time of day, same dress. Yes empty stomach. The thing is I'm leaner then ever. 34 pants are loosening up. Vascularity is getting crazy. I can pick out some sweet veins in my legs now. Definition is coming in nicely. The wierd thing is my lifts recently have been going crazy. Deadlifted 5x325lbs and just got home from squatting 5x315, both of those are 40+lbs then I normally do. Another thing, I've been horny as hell recently.

Not sure if I should just keep doing what I'm doing, or if I should cut cals down lower.

ArchAngel777
02-06-2006, 02:37 PM
So I've been cutting for awhile now. Averaging about 2500 cals a day for the week. Normally daily intake is about 2200-2300 with one cheat day a week to average out to 2500 or so for the week. Protein 200+g a day, fats are 70-80 a day, carbs are normally in the 100-120 range but it varies. So last time I was on the scale I weighed 195lbs. So yesterday my friend who is starting a weight program with my advice weighed himself to get a starting point. He insisted I weigh myself, so I did. 226lbs! Not sure how that happened. Not sure if I should be happy or sad. Ohh well.

Well, not even water and five pounds of beep in you can account for that difference. I suppose 2 gallons of water = 16.66 pounds or so and then lets say you didn't use the crapper in a while, could be another 2-3 pounds and we are up to 20... As for the other 10? Yeah, something isn't right here.

The scale is wrong, or you made a mistake reading the scale, either the first time or second time.

Behemoth
02-06-2006, 03:06 PM
Sticky this for all the new members looking to cut and bulk at the same time... you've done it successfully. That or the scales just wrong.:windup:

ArchAngel777
02-06-2006, 03:11 PM
Sticky this for all the new members looking to cut and bulk at the same time... you've done it successfully. That or the scales just wrong.:windup:

Not to mention the fact they he bulked on most grown men cutting calories... Not making fun of you OP, but what you are saying just isn't possible to me, unless I am proved anotherwise. I am certainly open to being refuted in any matter, lest I increase my knowledge. So if you can give me a plausable reason for this, I am willing to listen. But until there is some convincing proof, I cannot believe you weighed yourself correctly.

brickt.
02-06-2006, 03:59 PM

My vote is for inaccurate readings/inconsistant variables, a recomp is possible, except 195 -> 226 is a HUGE recomp.

Unreal
02-06-2006, 04:28 PM
It has been nearly over 7 months since I weighed myself last, so maybe alot has happened on the scale in the past 7 months. All I know is I'm as lean as ever and as strong as ever, so something is working.

gator
02-06-2006, 05:07 PM
It has been nearly over 7 months since I weighed myself last, so maybe alot has happened on the scale in the past 7 months. All I know is I'm as lean as ever and as strong as ever, so something is working.

7 months since you last weighed yourself? That's the problem right there, along with the scale possibly needing calibrated too.

Davidelmo
02-07-2006, 02:14 PM
Well, the mirror doesn't lie!

If your waist is shrinking and your vascularity etc is improving then you should be happy! :D

Scales are probably knackered!

Unreal
02-07-2006, 03:02 PM
Weighed myself again today and it was 221. I guess I'll start weighing myself again and be strict on the diet for 2 weeks and see what is going on. Waist is shrinking but the legs in my jeans are getting tight. When I weighed myself the other day it was after eating a stupid ammount of food. 1lb burger, shake, cookies, etc so I was probably holding some major water. Still probably up there. I didn't like weighing myself because the scale just pissed me off at times, but I guess I should start doing it again.