PDA

View Full Version : Planning routine for next bulk

deeder
02-07-2006, 11:44 PM
Alright, I've pretty much decided I want to try to get into powerlifting. This means I need to get all my lifts up quite alot. I feel my legs are my weakest link right now.

I found a 13 week squat program that promises big gains here (http://www.saskpowerlifting.ca/smolov.php).

What I want to know is how am I supposed to incorporate other lifts into a program that has me squatting 4 times a week? I am probably about 4-6 weeks from ending my cut and about 3 weeks of maintaining before I start to bulk again. So I have alot of time to perfect things :p

tigo
02-08-2006, 01:23 AM
i dont see the problem with incorporating other body parts.. why not a normal split with all those squats spread out?

deadlift squat (lightest squating day)
chest tri squat
back bi squat
abs shoulder squat

shrug just thinking on my keyboard

Mik
02-08-2006, 09:39 AM
i dont see the problem with incorporating other body parts.. why not a normal split with all those squats spread out?

deadlift squat (lightest squating day)
chest tri squat
back bi squat
abs shoulder squat

shrug just thinking on my keyboard

That's not bad. However, if this were me I's do squats first (with the exception possibly of DL day). You want to be fresh for these especially since this seems to be your priority.

Meat_Head
02-08-2006, 10:36 AM
Deeder there's nothing wrong with that program, it'd probably work really well. But its made for someone who already has a big squat and is trying to tack on some extra weight before a competition. I think you'd do better sticking to basic workouts like 5x5, 3x3, or just heavy sets in general until you have a big base of strength, then technical programs like that will be pretty necissary for continued progress.

deeder
02-08-2006, 04:37 PM
Thanks for the input guys.

Deeder there's nothing wrong with that program, it'd probably work really well. But its made for someone who already has a big squat and is trying to tack on some extra weight before a competition. I think you'd do better sticking to basic workouts like 5x5, 3x3, or just heavy sets in general until you have a big base of strength, then technical programs like that will be pretty necissary for continued progress.

I can see where you're coming from, but I'm sure this would help me add some good weight to my squat too. Like I said, I've still got some time before I have to commit to anything so I will think about that...

noahfor123
02-08-2006, 11:47 PM
Here's a routine I just wrote up for myself. It's based off of WS4SB. It's both a suggestion, and an invitation for criticism. This way I don't have to start another rate my routine thread.

Saturday
Squat/Deadlift Variation Max Triple
Step Ups 3 x 8
Glute-Ham Raise 3 x 8

Sunday
Bench Variation Max Triple
Decline Dumbbell 3 x 8
Bent Row 3 x 8
Dumbbell Shoulder Press 3 x 8
Rear Delt 2 x 12

Thursday
Front Squat 4 x 6
SLDL 4 x 6
Hyperextension 3 x 8
Abs 3 x 8

Friday
Bench 4 x 6
Pull Ups 4 x 6
Lateral Raise 2 x 12
Triceps Extension 3 x 5

tigo
02-09-2006, 01:06 AM
not bad... its similiar to my own and im loving mine

brickt.
02-09-2006, 01:52 AM
Bench Max Triple

^^
What do these mean? Is it your 1RM for 3 sets ?

noahfor123
02-09-2006, 08:30 AM
Bench Max Triple

^^
What do these mean? Is it your 1RM for 3 sets ?

3 rep max, sorry, i was getting fancy