PDA

View Full Version : Road to the Holy Grail

Fenrir
02-08-2006, 06:25 AM
Ok so if you haven't seen it or read it, then just go to this link http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=74830 so i don't have to explain it over again, but pretty much i'm going to be coached by an Olympic Weighlifter and someone mentioned they would like to see me keep track of it here on a journal, so you guys and girls could see how my story unfolds. Now i' going to be training with "her" yes its a girl! for 2 days a week...if she see's real talent then she can get me a scholarship...

now my knowledge of olympic style weightlifting is very big, so if anyone out here has some stories, or advice, or just good websites they wouldn't mind sharing with me, then please post it in here or just mail me.

Im doing some background research on it in my spare time, as i see that the more knowledgable I am about something the better the chance of me succedding in it are.

Ok so now the story begins!

Fenrir
02-08-2006, 06:29 AM
The Day Before!

So tomorrow is the first day i begin training. Im all excited! All through class tomorrow i won't be able to stop thinking about it...lol this is going to be great...i really hope it all goes well...

wouldn't it be great if i sort of surprised her, or did better than what she thought I was capable of...nothing at the moment would make me happier! :drooling:

Ok so i'll try and post everyday after my training session, or asap.

KevinStarke
02-08-2006, 11:37 AM
Balls to the wall man, looking forward to seein your progress.

Fenrir
02-09-2006, 05:06 AM
My first training session!

Wow what a day!

Lol so for those of who have tuned in to read what happened on my first day of olympic style weightlifting then read ahead!

We started off by breaking down the movements of the Clean & Jerk, we broke it down into like 3 different movements. The first of which was just simply finding a grip comfortable, the correct type of grip, and shrugging the bar up, then placing it on my shoulders like a front squat then performing a front squat.

Second of all I took the bar out of the squat rack (had to move out of the actual squat rack because my arms were too long and i hit the top of the structure) that was set up on this small platform, and performed like an overhead press standing on my tippy toes.

Then finally i did a certain lunge movement (she forbids me calling it that though :moon: ) where if i didn't do it properly she would make me do it again.

I am happy to say that she was very pleased and definitely impressed by the amount of weight i could lift just on my first time trying it. Now as a whole we haven't it all together yet but int he next couple of training sessions we will.

QWA (Queensland Weightlifters Association) are going to be paying for my gym membership and entry fee for the first few months, and if they believe that i can take it to the next step then they will help me further, and if i do continue on then she will make me train like 4 or 5 days a week.

LOl she was VERY STRICT on me! She obviously knows what she's talking about and so on because she coached at olympic level. I wonder if the people she was coaching are in this years commonwealth games?

Ok so all in all guys and gals my first training session was a success. I didn't just please her though i was attracting attention from around the whole gym i think. I had a few powerlifters talk to me about her and the whole deal.

The only downer from the day! The sorer my wrists got the more and more she would make me do! She's sadistic lol, but even she admits that! :indian:

Lol so if i don't report in the next few days its because my wrists have fallen off!

Cya later!

brickt.
02-09-2006, 05:08 AM
****, I am jealous.

Remember, be a sponge mang, a sponge. This info/training is gold.

Clifford Gillmore
02-09-2006, 05:18 AM
I would LOVE to be in your shoes right now. What kind of numbers are you throwing around to start with?

Stumprrp
02-09-2006, 04:46 PM
so cool dude, treasure this, olympic lifting is where the real power is it, STICK WITH IT

Fenrir
02-09-2006, 10:22 PM
well i can't really say much at the moment about how much I am lifting because we haven't put the whole movement together yet. Yeah its one of the best things that have happened to me. I am so happy! :cool:

deeder
02-09-2006, 10:48 PM
Amazing opportunity man! I wish I had something like that happen to me! Good luck with it all!

Fenrir
02-11-2006, 07:04 AM
Not good! What went from the best few days in my life has become the worst few days ever! I have been in trouble with the police, and very close to ending an 18 month relationship with my gf.

So much is wrong! Got to get back on track!

Oh and please don't ask about the police matter!

BilltheButcher
02-11-2006, 08:00 AM
Not good! What went from the best few days in my life has become the worst few days ever! I have been in trouble with the police, and very close to ending an 18 month relationship with my gf.

So much is wrong! Got to get back on track!

Oh and please don't ask about the police matter!

Life is full of ups and downs. This is a down, but now you have a great opportunity in front of you that a lot of us would kill for. Clear your head and take advantage of this opportunity and use the athletic gifts you have been given. GF come and go, meeting new people and having relationships with them and learning from them is a great part of life. Sh*t the police, they come and go too, stay in the gym and therefore you'll stay out of trouble. I wouldn't let your coach learn about the police business though, to earily in your relationship. IMO.

KevinStarke
02-11-2006, 08:00 AM
1. F*ck the po po
2. Your young man forget relationships, have meaningless sex with as many women as you can.

Fenrir
02-16-2006, 02:41 AM
lol thank you for your kind words bill and kevin, much appreciated...

yes I am back on track now and no I do not intend on telling my coach, yes me and my gf are all good now!

Fenrir
02-16-2006, 02:46 AM
Just getting started!

So now we practiced the snatch! So much harder than the clean and jerk! I actually managed to fall on my a$$ as i lost balance! She says that it is all fine because i am just practising technique and strengthening my smaller muscles for now.

At the moment I prefer the clean & jerk but that will not stop me from doing the best I can at the snatch. She herself is still training and decided to show me up on the squats. I managed 2, after much pain and sweat, fall on my knees after throwing the weight off my back after performing squats. She wasn't at all unhappy, she was in fact glad with my determination and drive to become stronger and better!

So now I have done both lifts and am happy with where I am.

Fenrir
02-16-2006, 02:47 AM
She couldn't make it for a 2nd session this week, but was veryu apologetic about it. It's all good, my legs still hurting! Just did some lifts the way she showed me, to help my stabilizers in my shoulders.

Sidior
02-16-2006, 03:26 AM
interesting journal ....you are one lucky man, keep up the hard work!

Fenrir
02-17-2006, 07:46 PM
got hit in the nuts by a cricket ball...hurts

Fenrir
02-19-2006, 12:16 AM
ok well me and my merry men are all healed now :hump: but i am just writing to say that me and my Gf of 18 months have broken up. It was sort of an agreement thing. We didn't feel so strongly about each other anymore. Weird being single. More freedom.. I guess its more time to spend in the gym :P:strong:

Clifford Gillmore
02-19-2006, 12:25 AM
Haha, a cricket ball in the old boys is a one off experiance, once it happens it never wants to happen again!

Sucks to hear about the GF, be free and merry - Go out and be the single man, now a single man as a meathead :)

Fenrir
02-19-2006, 12:55 AM
yeah i bowled some of my offspin, got a wicket, and then switched with the keeper so he could have a go bowling. Within a few overs a ball was pegged in from the boundary, i misjudged the trajectory and it bounced on the pitch (we use astro turf) and flew up and hit me in the nuts. Took out my breath, but i still had to keep the next like 8 overs anyway. Took it out of me. Then i had to open the batting. I only made like 3, after i misjudged a shot that was much fuller than i thought, and didn't roll my wrists over it enough, so i got caught out. lol i blame it on the pain ;)

Fenrir
02-19-2006, 02:23 AM
ok so i just wanted to check something with u guys and i don't want to create a whole new thread to do it while i have this journal.

Now me and my coach haven't spoken much about diet, as things like that will become more serious as we get further down the track...she pretty much told me to try and keep the protein high, and the fat down.

So I am just wandering if this looks like a good day of eating for a bulk.

Breakfast: Baked Beans and 2 pieces of Toast.
Morning Snack: Armonds, Fruit
Lunch: Chicken/Turkey/Beef whatever i want that day on a Sandwhich
Afternoon Snack/After workout: Smoothie (low fat yoghurt, different fruits and soy good)
Dinner: Usually steak/fish/chicken with some veggies
Dessert: Armonds

It is all over the place, but i like to eat a variety of different things. This is just a diet i came up with just now, so there will be things that need to be changed, so if u can offer some advice it would be much appreciated.

Lol some may remember me talking about cutting for footy, but obviously things are changing now because of my new situation, although I am still playing footy.

Fenrir
02-19-2006, 02:57 AM
I think i really got screwed over with genetics. My parents are both short, but I am over 6 foot, which is about the only thing i got that has been much good to me. I think that most of all though my triceps lag, i train them just as hard, but they seem to hide pretty well.

Fenrir
02-20-2006, 05:49 AM
Snatch Training

Ok so today we worked on the snatch, but once again we were just breaking down the fine parts of the movement, and working on making me as strong as possible in those area's. I worked on something called the snatch pull, the snatch overhead press, and the squat. She tells me to use a 5x5 routine, which isn't too bad actually. She had the flu today and to leave early so i missed out on about 20 mins extra training with her, but i still finished off my sets by myself, being a good little boy. :hello:

My snatch pull ****s all over my squat, and then my squat all over my overhead press, but that is pretty self explainitory. Looking forward to my clean & jerk session on thursday.

Oh yeah and she is going to be writing me up a routine, so I will probably share it with u guys here in my journal when i get it. Unless it is top secret, than i can't let all you foreigners know! :evillaugh

nah im only joking, guess i should get some sleep!

Night people

Clifford Gillmore
02-20-2006, 06:16 AM
I'm highly interested in this routine. I think I should be getting into oly lifting, I think I could do a bit of damage.

ddegroff
02-20-2006, 10:58 AM
great journal, good luck! man what i would give to be in your place. do you use fitday.com? Its hard just to look at the foods you ate and determine if its good or bad.

Fenrir
02-20-2006, 10:07 PM
i tried it man, but in my opinion i don't like it. I don't want to start ww3 though and argue with people who are going to tell me to use it. Hey Risk if you do then maybe you and I could compare things and discuss it sometime.

Thanks for posting guys!

ddegroff
02-20-2006, 11:17 PM
no i here that a lot from people. It takes some getting use to but once you get a lot of foods in its easy. But if you don't want to do it then don't do it, its just one of many tools.

Fenrir
02-22-2006, 05:51 AM
yaye the clean & jerk tomorrow

Fenrir
02-23-2006, 02:05 AM
So i was supposed to do my clean & jerk training today, but i had to call her and tell her i couldn't come in as i was feeling way to sick! What she gave of a routine for the time being is just

Snatch Pulls
Snatch Squats
Bench Press
Lat Pulldown
Lots of Ab Work

Not very in depth but it was just scribbled down on a piece of paper, so when i get in next time she should give me something a bit longer

Fenrir
02-24-2006, 06:11 AM
sucks, she isn't going to be able to make it on monday!

Fenrir
02-26-2006, 05:34 AM
ok so my first pics on the website are up...mylegs are looking pretty thick now that I got my squats down! the rest will go up in the next couple of days hopefully!

Fenrir
03-02-2006, 06:41 AM
things are all good, exams and so on coming up for school...lol getting stressful...just posting to tell u my day at the gym!

Fenrir
03-02-2006, 06:43 AM
Clean & Jerk Day

So the day went pretty well, I am starting to get the whole movement together, still working on technique and she won't let me do anything till reps of every set are perfect or near too...she's harsh but good to me lol:) I'll post up the routine she gave me!

Fenrir
03-02-2006, 06:54 AM
Session 1 Week 1

Snatch (Wide Grip)

Snatch:
Top Hang 2x5
Thigh/kness (2x5)
Floor (3x4)

Snatch Squat 6x5
Snatch Pull (high) (5x5)
Flat Bench Press (Wide Grip) 5x5
Bridges (front and sides) (3x40seconds each)

Session 2 Week 1

Clean & Jerk

Full Clean
Top Hang 2x5
Knee 2x5
Floor 3x4

Push Press 5x5
Clean Pulls 5x5
Split Squat 5x5
Reverse Fly + Front Fly 5x5 (each)
Triceps pushdown 5x5
Crunches 3x15

Session 3 Week 1

Mixed

DB Shoulder press 5x5
21's (3 sets)
Seated Row 5x5
Front Squat 5x5
Flat Bench 5x5
Crucifix + Front Raises 5x5 (each)
Leg Raises Hypers

Session 4 Week 2

Snatch (Wide Grip)

Snatch Top Hang 3x5
Snatch Pulls 5x5
Snatch shoulder press 5x5
Back squat 5x5
Lat Pulldown 5x5
Bridges (front and sides) (3x40seconds each)

Session 5 Week 2

Clean & Jerk

Power Clean from Floor 5x5
Power Jerk 3x5
Full Jerk 3x4
Front Squat 5x5
Clean Pulls 5x5
Seated Rows 5x5
Crunches 3x15 + Hypers

Session 6 Week 2

Mixed

Barbell Press 5x5
Back Squat 5x5
lat Pulldown 5x5
Flat Bench 5x5
21's (3 sets)
Leg Raises + Hypers

Fenrir
03-02-2006, 06:55 AM
Ok so that is repeated for about 2 months before it will change...glad cause i will be doing a sort of mini-competition in April and I will get my name up on the QWA website and have a ranking in the state! :)

KevinStarke
03-02-2006, 07:25 AM
Dayam alot of those sessions are real high volume, gonna hurt real good boy!

ddegroff
03-02-2006, 09:55 AM
damn, i hope your eating a lot!!!

Fenrir
03-04-2006, 09:43 PM
yeah its great having her push me so hard...yeah im eating plenty! It's like a dream come true lol:P:)

thejuice
03-05-2006, 01:22 AM
What an opportunity! Good luck with the training, and enjoy!

Fenrir
03-06-2006, 10:07 PM
things are still pretty good, did my snatch day yesterday, she also showed me this exercise called 21's for your biceps, it was more just a fun thing then for what im trying to achieve, pretty sweet though!

Fenrir
10-19-2006, 12:14 AM
Wow so i haven't updated this old thing for a while...Over the past few months things have really slowed down, my numbers went up and down, sodid my attendance and hers. She got divorced, we moved into our own gym, battling to pay fees.

Things are settled down now and im getting back on track, training harder than ever for the past 3 weeks. I've got a mate with me now who enjoys it as well so she gave me a key to the gym so we are going in the mornings before school now as well.

As for numbers i snatched 60kg a few months ago and a 70kg C & J for a bodyweight at the time of around 85kg. Im around 93kgs at the moment, but haven't tried to setand PB's for either movements lately,i just been working on strength like she says to keep doing.

She pays for a lot out of the gym including parts of the lease and equipment, so me and my mate are going to help her out by fundraising regularly to helpher out.

Anyway i will try update more...

cya later...

Fenrir
10-26-2006, 09:25 PM
I don't know why but my front squat is more than my back squat, it must be a psychological thing, plus i find it to be more comfortable on the front of my shoulders. Because of this my squat is only equal to my bench, which is all around bodyweight at the moment, but i need to find a way to get my back squats higher, im sure through persistence and hard training i will succeed.

Fenrir
01-12-2007, 04:34 AM
We have our own club now...i've been fundraising for the past 6 hours...raised $300. Going to sell more tickets on monday.

Got my first competition on the 17th of February and i'm really excited about it.

My coach only wants me to lift lighter weights though since it's my first comp and she wants me 2 get all 6 lifts so then i get bonus points.

Then the next time i come back for Round 2 i will lift even heavier (but still not my heaviest) and i'll set new PB's and still get my 6 lifts...so i'll get lots more bonus points, then i'll do this again for Round 3.

Then come Round 4 i will lift heavy but still aiming to get my 6 lifts.

This competition is called the Queensland 500.