PDA

View Full Version : Allie's Journal

Allie
01-11-2002, 06:10 PM
Some of you know that all I really do is run. Well I have decided to LEARN about weight training. Since I don't know anything on the subject, I'm taking a class this semester with the varsity weight coach here at MSU. I hope that maybe it will turn into a new hobby. This is either going to be a fun 15 weeks or 15 weeks of hell :rolleyes:

So far we have taken a tour of the weight room and have have been assigned a lifting partner. Monday is our first day lifting. And this weekend I plan on making one last trip to the bookstore to pick up our required text, Basic Weight Training for Men and Women.

IGF-1
01-11-2002, 06:12 PM
let me be the first to say good luck! i look forward to seeing ya reach your goals :)

Jane
01-11-2002, 06:57 PM
awesome!!! I wish you best of luck and I hope you discover something you really love. And running I have loved as well...ah that running high. I couldnt live without it :)

Orange357
01-11-2002, 09:38 PM
Im confused here, you are a member of this site correct? Why cant you LEARN here?:confused:

Allie
01-11-2002, 09:54 PM
LOL Have I ever mentioned that I'm blonde? LOL, Now all joking aside, I think WBB is a great asset to those who know what they are doing. But take a person like myself who has ZERO knowlege on a subject and they need the "Dummies" version. So a class that goes ahead and walks me through a weoght room and tells me what everything is, shows me how to use it, right now thats what I need. I think everyone here will be great moral support and answering my questions (if you don't get too techinical :rolleyes: ) But right now since I know NOTHING I need something more one on one and more teching by example.

IGF-1
01-11-2002, 09:56 PM
Orange, Be kind...Rewind :D

Orange357
01-11-2002, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by IGF-1
Orange, Be kind...Rewind :D

Hey i am being nice, and i was serious. GOODLUCK ALLIE!:)

PowerManDL
01-12-2002, 03:07 AM
Allie, I told you you could ask anything you needed. I don't get technical unless technical is called for.

IceRgrrl
01-12-2002, 11:17 AM
Yay! You started a journal :) Keep us posted, Allie...

Allie
01-14-2002, 07:06 PM
I bet you all thought that I forgot about my journal LOL But heres the deal, my class meets on Monday and Wednesday. And this past week was CRAZY I have 6 classes and a new job, so I haven't been at "home" much (yeah and 11'x12' space is now refered to as home). And this weekend I spent getting books and running errands.

So I went to class today in the snow and cold :(YUCK And when I go to the fieldhouse our instructor was missing, she is sick and I guess they found a new teacher. So Kelly is teaching us all about weight training, she's a figure skater, which I thought is really cool. Her first direction was to get us as much time in the weight room. I really like how she's motivated.

We go up to the varsity weight room and the volleyball team there. First thing I see is a coach yelling at this girl who is doing leg presses and looks like she is ready to cry, first thing I thought is that theres no crying in weight lifting.

So anyways there are 6 other girls in our class and some how it worked out that all of us learned about legs today. Kelly wanted us to use VERY little weight and just play around and feel comfortable doing everything. So *I think* this is what we did today

Leg presses
Iso leg presses
Leg extensions
Leg curls

OK and when I came back "home" I woke up my roomie and she said that I have to drop the class, appearantly I get a little endorpahan happy LOL

IGF-1
01-14-2002, 07:08 PM
awesome! keep up the good work allie ;)

Jane
01-14-2002, 08:10 PM
lol! I always get endorphin-happy. It's a running joke in my family. Isn't it great?

Keep it up, soon you'll be a pro. :)

Allie
01-14-2002, 10:21 PM
People who exercise have endorphins...

Endorphins make you happy....

And happy people don't kill other people...

They just don't

:nod:

PowerManDL
01-14-2002, 10:30 PM
Unless killing is what makes them happy.

heathj
01-14-2002, 11:42 PM
The best way to learn is to actually DO.

Allie
01-15-2002, 07:51 AM
Bad news... I woke up at 3 am with my throat swollen again :( I called the Dr and am going in this afternoon. My guess is it's my wonderful "viral infection" at least thats what they decided it was last time, I might have them do another mono screen just for fun, because right now that my guess.

Allie
01-15-2002, 01:45 PM
I just got back from the Dr, he did a strep culture and a mono screen, I get the results back in 24 hours. If they are both negative he is going to diagnosis it as a viral infection unknown :rolleyes:

Allie
01-16-2002, 02:52 PM
Ok so I got the results back, both the mono and strep screens were negative. Thats always a plus, except now they have no clue whats wrong besides that I have a random viral infection which they have no way of identifying.

Allie
01-17-2002, 08:35 AM
I'm so sore today :rolleyes: getting out of bed was interesting, but it got better when I tried to get dressed LOL So yesterday we worked our upper body

Inclined press
Deciled press
Pulldowns
And something Kelly had us do for our back, not really sure what it was

As you can tell I really need a picture dictionary of a weight room, I'm getting there though...maybe someday I will know what I'm doing *sigh*

Allie
01-20-2002, 10:17 AM
Been feeling kinda Ehhhhh lately, one day I will be allight and feel great and the next day I feel like ****. I've noticed that I really need to keep up my water intake, I've been feeling kinda dehydrated.

SO in the midst of my boredom I decided to see how my running would go, so I did a short little mile today. Took it really slow since it's cold and icy out. It felt good to puch myself for once.

Classes are cancelled tomorrow so I think Jen and I might go lift downstairs or we might go do PT.

Allie
01-21-2002, 12:55 PM
I'm all about this cancelling class :) Anyways today is a rest and catch up day :) I just now got dressed at 3 pm LOL

I feel kinda down today, so my big sis called and she is going to make me dinner. She is making my fav food.... SPAGHETTI :D For some reason I love jens spaghetti, wonder if it has anything to do with the bottle of wine we drink while making it? :angel:

Anywho tomorrow morning I'm off to see Dr Dumbass, he all of a sudden thinks I might have allergies :rolleyes: The man has a PhD and can't decide if I have virus or a sniffle. Oh and yeah and in 2 weeks I have lost 11 pounds, and for some reason I'm not happy about that :cry:

I'm now off to do my homework since I've put it off all day LOL

Allie
01-22-2002, 09:01 PM
Didn't really do anything today, unless you want to count walking all over campus as cardio, but I don't. I had to cancell with Dr Dumbass to meet with a prof since I missed class last week from being sick. I have felt really good lately except I still am getting killer headaches :rolleyes: Not usually a big problem but they make me moody and I feel grumpy. I got really tired today, so I took a quickie two hour nap and it helped with my headache.

Jane
01-23-2002, 04:03 AM
aww. being sick sucks. Hope you feel better soon! :)

Allie
01-23-2002, 08:36 AM
I feel really good today :)

Just got back from lifting...we are on our 3rd new instructor. This one is named Shaun, he has a PhD in something, I missed most of what he said because of his accent. Anyways today was an exciting leg day, did some leg extentions, curls, squats (YUCK) and worked on lower back.

Now about the squats, at the moment I'm not a fan of them. I guess I'm just not comfortable doing them, I told Shaun that I would keep trying them, maybe they will grow on me.

I'm still worried that the 11 pounds I lost the past two weeks is going to come and kick me in the ass, who knows though... I just have to wait and see.

Pup
01-23-2002, 09:03 AM
You need to squat, and eat some steak too :)

Allie
01-23-2002, 09:16 AM
I'm working on the red meat issue. I have had red meat at least 4 times in six days :eek: I know it's hard to believe.

ericg
01-23-2002, 09:59 AM
You ever try doing squats using DB's? I know they are hard to hold if you go really heavy; But, if you are having a problem with flexibility in the hips, hammys, and/or ankles it should help you adapt to the motion of the squat. Then you just work your way up to BB's. Something like 3 sets using DB's and then 1 set with BB.

Keep it up gal

Allie
01-25-2002, 10:17 PM
Last night I don't think I had productive sleep. Today was my first day back at work, I feel like my ass has been kicked. I've been getting headaches again, so I took a nap. Maybe tomorrow I will go ice skating for fun, but I have to study for a chemistry exam YUCK!

Oh and I feel a little edgy lately, maybe it's because of first test of the semester, and rush, and my new goal is to make the Deans list this semester, maybe I just need some time for me. Maybe I will run away to the library tomorrow to get deep into my studying.

Allie
01-27-2002, 07:39 PM
My new devotion is to chemistry, I really want to kick it's ass! :D So I spent most of my time studying this weekend, although I did practice my squats (I deserve a sticker for that) LOL This week is going to be a little crazy *sigh* I went to a few COB's last week and I got preferenced so I have the whole rush thing this week, my interview for preference is Tuesday night and and Thursday night is our pinning then and a pj party, not sure where studying is going to fit in :( (I'm a little worried about that) Other than that things are going OK

Oh yeah I pulled my left hamstring the other day :(

Allie
01-28-2002, 08:45 AM
I'll admit I wasn't to excited to go to the gym this morning, because it wasn't leg day, and some of you know I LOVE leg day LOL Anyways Nicole (my lifting partner) and I are still trying to figure out exactly what we should do each day and what not.

The good news is that I don't need to *think* of what I do anymore, Shaun finaly got us little charts to keep track of what we do :) I'm an organizational freak. So at least I know what I did today LOL I feel like my weights should be a little higher, but It has been a while since I did anything remotley close to really working out and using strength. I mean in HS I was a triple letter varsity athlete and I came to college and did nothing. Hmmm imagine that you lose some strength

Anywho this is what we did today

Shaun had has work on abs and back a little, just because he wants us to learn a little bit about everything, so we got out the balls and did some ab work, which by the way I have never done crunches on a ball. You all should see my GREAT balance LOL Then we moved onto doing some side bend things, I honestly have no clue if the have a "real" name, and of course we did our lower back.

Now again I'll admit I wasn't to excited about doing arms today, but it turned out to be OK. I'm really working on the whole positive attitude thing. Anyways here is what we did...

Decline ress
Pulldowns
Lateral rows
Incline press (FYI at this point I felt like I really had my ass kicked)

By the way my journal is getting alot of views, and I honestly don't look at it a whole lot, so it has my interest perked.

Allie
01-28-2002, 08:49 AM
Oh yeah maybe one day I will get gutsy and post some weights

Allie
01-30-2002, 06:35 PM
Not a real eventful day, then again Wednesdays seem to get to me, and it was sleeting all day, we are supposed to get a HUGE snow storm tonight followed by freezing rain :( YUCK, maybe thats why I feel kinda ehhh today. Anyways I did legs today

Lateral leg press
Leg extensions
Leg curls
Lower back
Abs

Allie
01-30-2002, 06:36 PM
Oh yeah and I decided that today I needed to avoid doing squats. I'm still having a few issues with them

Allie
01-31-2002, 05:39 AM
Just thought I would let you all know we did get a snow storm last night :) And I also got my bid Yay! :)

Allie
02-02-2002, 08:13 PM
Did a good deal of cardio yesterday (indirectly) I ended up taking all the long routes through the building at work because of tours. I know that sounds lame but three flights of stairs and a hike across the building (longest dorm in the world I have been told) and back up three flights of stairs and back halfway through the building to go to my office. Yeah after about 5 trips like that I decided to call it a day and told my boss that I would come in this weekend and finish up the list she had for me.

Today was an emotional work out :rolleyes: My ex came by, he now has all of his possesions. I also went shopping in search of the perfect pair of jeans, after three stores and trying on 15 pairs of pants, my new favorite store is Express :) And I would like you all to know that finding clothes was a hell of alot easier when I was fat LOL

Allie
02-04-2002, 02:51 PM
Today has been a great day in general, I mean Monday and Wednesdays are long days for me, but today the good really outweighs the bad.

GOOD THINGS THAT HAPPENED TODAY
1 I realized I'm not FAT anymore, I know this sounds so stupid but I'm starting to see myself as "normal" these days
2 I ate something besides carbs today :) and it involved red meat
3 Although I felt really icky this morning I didn't skip my workout and had a productful session

BAD THINGS THAT HAPPENED TODAY
1 People keep pissing me off

See when you write everything down it just seems so much better
:)
Some guy from the KIN Dept was in our class today observing, It bothered me. For some reason I have issues with people staring at me. Anyways today for some reason I felt really good about myself after my workout, theres no real explination for it though. Oh yeah here is what we did

Pulldowns
Lateral rows
Behind neck press
Incline press (I lowered my weight and kicked ass on these today, for some reason I'm struggling with these, but I'm working on it :))

heathj
02-04-2002, 02:54 PM
*Observes Allies journal...hope that doesn't bother you ;)

Good job..I like your pics..now I can finally :hump: :D

Keep it up Mae!

PowerManDL
02-04-2002, 02:54 PM
Lookin' good.

Allie
02-06-2002, 02:53 PM
Another fun day in the weight room, I guess the varsity athletes schedules have been rearranged because now we lift with the volleyball team half of the time and with the wrestling team for the other half :) As you can see I'm not really complaining LOL

I'm still trying to make friends with the squat rack, and well it's not going good. Maybe this weekend I will con Jill into going to the gym with me and I'll work on it.

I also learned today that my abs suck. One of the trainers came over and was working with us doing ab exercises and yeah I suck.

Anywho I adjusted alot of my weights today and I feel like I actually accomplished something :) And thats always a good thing, here is what I did

Lateral leg press
Leg Extensions
Leg curls
Iso leg press
Seated leg curls

Blood&Iron
02-06-2002, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Allie
Another fun day in the weight room, I guess the varsity athletes schedules have been rearranged because now we lift with the volleyball team half of the time and with the wrestling team for the other half :) As you can see I'm not really complaining LOL

I'm still trying to make friends with the squat rack, and well it's not going good. Maybe this weekend I will con Jill into going to the gym with me and I'll work on it.

I also learned today that my abs suck. One of the trainers came over and was working with us doing ab exercises and yeah I suck.

Anywho I adjusted alot of my weights today and I feel like I actually accomplished something :) And thats always a good thing, here is what I did

Lateral leg press
Leg Extensions
Leg curls
Iso leg press
Seated leg curls
Where are the poundages? Don't be embarrassed. Hell, I'm posting my wimpy-assed weights in my journal. Actually, if you're really unwilling to do that, just post your progression. Ya know +5lbs, etc. That way we can yell at you if you're not improving.

Interesting read BTW. But scant info on your training. Don't get all OCD like me, but a little more in the way of specifics wouldn't hurt.

Allie
02-06-2002, 07:24 PM
After a little mental debate with myself I have decided to post weights as requested.

Leteral leg press 180x 2x 15
Leg extensions 60x 2x 10
Leg curls 75x 2x 10
Iso leg press 180x 2x 15
Seated leg curls 60x 2x 15

YatesNightBlade
02-07-2002, 02:18 AM
:thumbup:

heathj
02-07-2002, 09:04 AM
What's a Leteral Leg Press? ;) Good job Mae!

Allie
02-08-2002, 06:59 PM
Heath I just write down what the cards on all of the machines says ;)

Anyways yesterday and today have been rough days. I am home for the weekend so maybe I will go running with my dog tomorrow.

I do have a formal coming up, so I pulled out all of my old formals that have been worn once, and I think one will work out although it needs some alterations, especially on the lower half.

Allie
02-09-2002, 06:30 AM
I've decided that cardio is too boring, so I'm going to give swimming a try next week (I know it's kind of a ramdon idea)
and see how I like it. Other than that I went running today.

Blood&Iron
02-09-2002, 06:55 AM
I've decided that cardio is too boring, so I'm going to give swimming a try next week (I know it's kind of a ramdon idea)
and see how I like it. Other than that I went running today.

Might try some variation of HIIT, as I have. Still not fun, but at least it's over really quick. Much more tolerable to me than plodding along on a treadmill for 30+ minutes.

Allie
02-11-2002, 09:59 AM
I had a really bad weekend, didn't get a whole lot of sleep, I have been waking up at like 5 am. So I decided to crawl back into bed today and skip going to the gym. I really think I need a little rest.

Allie
02-14-2002, 06:46 AM
OK so this week in general has totally SUCKED :( But I decided to make some changes and one new focus is going to be on my diet. A friend pointed out to me that conversation hearts and Doritios are are not real food. I guess for me it's a time issue, my schedule hust doesn't give me time to eat, but thats OK I will figure something out. Anyways today my sorority starts "The Game" I'm so ecited about this :) I get to carry around water guns and shoot people. Who knows I have never played and will probably be shot today LOL I actually went to the gym yesterday, I was all excied about leg day as usual, but because I missed Monday and Nicole had missed a session last week we decided to do upper body. Which indirectly was good because I avoided doing squats again. One day, maybe one day I'll give it another try. Anyways, here is what I did...

Behind Neck Pulldown 90x 2x 10
Lateral Rows 50x 2x 10
Incline Press 35x 2x 10 I love these. but they kick my ass
Behind Neck Press 30x 2x 10

Oh yeah other good news Jill got engaged Tuesday night, I'm so happy for her :) Although thats now over half of my friends who are either married or engaged.

Oh yeah and Happy Valentines Day to everyone :)

Allie
02-17-2002, 09:32 AM
Spent the weekend catching up on sleep... finally no more nightmares. Scary dreams suck. So since I have been sleeping alot I'm in a MUCH MUCH better mood. The only thing is that when I wake up I'm REALLY sore. My shoulders and lower back just kill, I have been stretching, using ice, and yes the worlds cure all Motrin 800 :) I think it's from the way I sleep (flamingo position) So I'm going to do a nice stretch session today...maybe some yoga although I hate it.

Allie
02-18-2002, 02:12 PM
Well lets see the flamingo position has it's own thread. And I allready addressed the turtle issues today. Can you all tell that my afternoon class was cancelled seeing hom I'm doing nothing. I am supposed to be updating my webpage but I'll do it on 2/24 at midnight which will leave about 17 hours before it's due LOL

Oh yeah I did go to the gym today, but I ended up in the gymanstics center reviewing for my midterm on Wednesday. YOu all should be praying for me, because at the moment I'm a trite confused on a few topics but I think I can BS my way through an answer. And the fact that my instructor asked me to go to the bar with him might help LOL Too bad I'm not 21 huh. I could really use this to my advantage LOL

So I did a little 40 min session of cardio today and I'm off to go shopping tonight after my other midterm.

Oh yeah 2 weeks till spring break.

Allie
02-20-2002, 08:35 AM
So I had my first written exam for my class today. All I have to say is :rolleyes:

On a better note I didn't lift today because I was too busy doing really crappy on the exam, so I think I will go to PT with my roomie this afternoon. I think it will prove to be interesting, I mean how hard can it be to do push ups and sit ups?

Anywho... Other than that I'm in a great modd today. Sleep has been better not as sore :) Gotta kick the flamingo habit, it's just too rough for me.

Allie
02-24-2002, 12:45 PM
OK so the stress of school has been really getting to me. And midterm are this week and I have a ton of **** to do. Well my brilliant idea was to go out last night. Now I seriously can tell you the last time I was drunk 11/3/01. I really have stopped partying and spend the majority of my time studying. Anywho I was trashed last night, and I only had 4 maybe 5 drinks. What happened to my rockstar days of partying? So next time I'm talking and tell you all that I'm going out, y'all can throw this little story back in my face.

heathj
02-24-2002, 02:57 PM
Here's a drink on me ;)

Allie
02-25-2002, 06:29 PM
So after a day of being hungover I feel OK. And someone gave me crap about how I post in my journal is on again off again. What can I say I like things in my life to be sporadic LOL Anyways my lifting partner was in about the shape I was in last evening, she did some pre spring break partying this weekend. So yeah I'm sure the two of us looked real good this morning. Oh the one thing that got under my skin today... Shaun told me I had to go and spit out my gum. I'm sorry I enjoy my sugar free gum in the early part of the day, and the fact that I care about good oral hygiene. Anyways....

Incline press 35x 2x 10
Military press 30x 10 (yeah I know I felt like a wimp :rolleyes: )
Lateral rows 60x 2x 10
Behind necl pulldown 90x 2x 10
And some exciting ab stuff

All in all it didn't feel like a great day at the gym. But it's OK. I did have a few friends say this week that they think I look alot better, as in I have lost more weight, so I weighed myself. I have been losing 1-1.5 pounds each week. And I will be honest I haven't been doing my cardio or really following a diet. *Imagines I focus on my cardio and diet and what could happen* LOL Maybe those 3 pounds is what I needed to see for motivation

Oh and I made a promise with my lifting partner that we are going to re-visit the squat rack on Wednesday. So maybe this time it will go better :) <----- Look at that positive attitude ;)

heathj
02-25-2002, 06:31 PM
Good job!
Good luck!

Hope everything's going well :) Haven't seen ya in a while.

Allie
02-25-2002, 06:35 PM
Thanks Heath, I know I have been SUPER busy...mid-terms :( YUCK anywho catch me on MSN But later this week ;)

Oh yeah I finished the webpage last night at 1:30 am and now I have a chem test I should study for.

Blood&Iron
02-25-2002, 08:38 PM
And someone gave me crap about how I post in my journal is on again off again.
This would be me.

IceRgrrl
02-26-2002, 08:46 AM
And me too...on and off again is not a problem as long as you get back ON again. I think you have to be flexible and allow yourself some slack when $hit is going on and then have the drive to get back to the routine when things let up. It's consistency over the long term that gets the job done...

Missed ya', girlie! ;)

Allie
02-27-2002, 09:20 AM
Yeah I'm working on getting things back on track, it's been a rough semester :( Some of you know whats been going on and listen to me vent and others probably wonder why I am so moody. But going home for spring break will help :)

I got my test back from last Wed.... Yeah I thought it was a little tough and I did some guessing but I only missed one question and pulled a 96% :)

And finally the real part of the journal, what I did today at the gym...

Leg Press 180x 2x 10
Prone Leg curl 75x 2x 10
Leg extentions 55x 2x 10
Seated leg curl 70x 2x 10

Oh yeah and squats (yes I kept my promise) things went much better this time, I bumped my old thread about squatting technique

squats 95x 2x 10 (Still focusing on form)

Allie
02-27-2002, 03:11 PM
OK so I also need to keep focusing on my new years resolution to be more understanding and nicer in general.

I got a little edgy with Rob today, I really am working on that. Maybe I should put some sort of focus reminder on my bulletin board so I see it all of the time.

Rob, I really am sorry and will try to accept constructive critisism better :)

Pup
02-27-2002, 03:29 PM
Its aight, no harm done :)

Allie
02-28-2002, 05:40 AM
:eek: Thats all I have to say about my poor legs being sore

Allie
03-01-2002, 02:18 PM
:clap: So today I got on the scale, and 5 pounds are gone :clap:

Oh and the drive home was interesting, none of my family or friends told me the Z-bridge was closed so I had to take some god forsaken unmarked detour through Bay City, for some odd reason I at least know the city and didn't get lost. But it was interesting to see my drive and guess where I was going LOL

Anywho I'm at home for the week relaxing and tonight I'm going to have a big ol' hot fudge sundea for a treat :)

Tryska
03-01-2002, 02:21 PM
*lol* no your not rewarding a 5lb loss with a hot fudge sundae!

baha. well have at it...and congrats on the good work. see what regular weight-training does for ya??

Allie
03-01-2002, 07:33 PM
LOL No I didn't end up having a sundae :( But it's OK because I made my mom some jell-o (she's sick right now) and did some stuff around the house, and *part* of my laundry, and then it was dark, so I didn't get a chance to go running tonight. And I went out and had pizza with my dad. I never really talk to him, so it gave us some nice family time, it's odd how leaving home can make you become closer to your family. Like I offered to take my grandma to her Dr appointments Monday. Anywho no worrie about the sundae, but I do have some ab work I plan on doing tonight. :) But I think I will go running first thing tomoorw that way it's done and out of the way. I love being home because all I do is run around three counties with my friends :) We are planning to steal a duck crossing sign for the sorority house this week. My dad is even helping us LOL He said as long as I don't get caught and arested he's cool with it, so I'm off to plot the liberation of a road sign.

Wow! I rambeled for quit a bit here LOL

PowerManDL
03-02-2002, 01:43 AM
:hump::hump::hump::hump::hump::hump::hump::hump:

*This has been PowerMan's weekly contribution to Allie's journal*

Pup
03-02-2002, 05:44 AM
Where in the hell are you gonna find a Duck Crossing sign...:confused:

Oh, almost forgot...:angel: :hump:

Allie
03-02-2002, 06:24 AM
Well there are two in Tawas, one on Nunn, and one ne over by 23 where that guy has the ceramic statues. The third one is in Oscoda at the bridge. Not that I work for the county or anything LOL

Oh and there is REAL snow this morning :) If it keeps up maybe I can go out tonight on the SkiDo

Allie
03-02-2002, 06:28 AM
Oh and no :hump: in the journal..... at least not yet ;)

PowerManDL
03-02-2002, 11:52 AM
:hump:

:ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja: .......looks like Humpy brought bodyguards!!

Allie
03-02-2002, 12:46 PM
tuttut

Allie
03-05-2002, 07:33 PM
I have been enjoying break so much :) I've shoveled snow, taken family to Dr appointments, and thats about the extent of break. I've played with my swiss ball, but nothing real hardcore while I am home. I went to go running but too much snow. Oh and I played in the snow with the dog.

Orange357
03-05-2002, 07:34 PM
Breaks are fun.

Allie
03-06-2002, 08:51 PM
Does shopping count as a workout? LOL

I had a fat day today *sigh* so mom and I went shopping, and for some reason I do feel much better. I know I shouldn't substitute a habit to make me feel better emotionally. But really mom and I haven't had so much fun in a long time

Anywho after 4 hours at the mall my arms were a little tired of carrying bags. But I got another cute purse :D What can I say I have a weakness for purses. I alos bought my big sis a necklace and got myself one and some matching earrings. LOL And I don't even know who my big is yet. Oh yeah and mom spoiled me with all sorts of shopping goods :) I almost got her to cave in on my Coach purse *keeps dreaming*

Oh and I meet with the guy who is in charge of my internship tomorrow at 9 am, does he really think I want to be all dressed up at 9 am :rolleyes: I honestly think I will show up in jeans and a sweatshirt (my internship is really laid back)

Oh one more side note. My brother came home today to get all the rest of his stuff for his apartment, so I might get to take what he can;t fit up to Marquette tomorrow FUN FUN FUN I tell you LOL

Spiderman
03-07-2002, 06:27 AM
Is it really bad when I can actually HEAR her saying this to me on the phone? LOL.....

oh, btw... :ninja: :hump: :hump: :hump: :hump: :ninja:

Pup
03-07-2002, 09:59 AM
Glad the shopping trip went well :)

to carry on the trend...:ninja: :ninja: :hump: :ninja: :ninja:

IceRgrrl
03-07-2002, 10:34 AM
Glad to hear that you're relaxing and enjoying spring break!

Love the "duck crossing" sign idea... ;)

Allie
03-07-2002, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Spiderman
Is it really bad when I can actually HEAR her saying this to me on the phone? LOL.....

LOL It's not like I talk to you that often :rolleyes:

I met with my internship supervisor, he is super fun. I have so much stuff to do for them, I love it. This is all based on my time and when I get a chance to get to it. Maybe someday they will ask me to get coffee and doughnuts LOL

Allie
03-13-2002, 07:56 AM
To sumarize, my workout Monday sucked like you wouldn;t believe and I am getting sick so I stayed home today and watch Martha Stewart in my flleec pj's on the couch :) Yeah so maybe I'm not heading home this weekend if I'm sick.

Allie
03-13-2002, 09:33 PM
:withstupi

Did y'all read that... wow I was really fuzzy this morning. I feel much better after 3 naps and some food. Anywho all that sleep today and now I'm wired. I skipped the gym, and Sean didn't seem to mind, he e-mailed me to make sure I was OK. Starting to worry about this guy :rolleyes: Anywho Yeah I'm a bit bored this evening, although I did bunches of homework today and organized a ton of stuff for the sorority. Oh good news :D toga party Friday night :D I have been wanting to go to a toga party so bad, and nobody has had one in ages. Can you all imagine the toga I have come up with in 6 weeks of planning :angel: So other than that I am SWAMPED with damn homework still. I'm avoiding my KIN project of designing my own routine, I know I can;t seem to get past the damn goals section LOL Yeah that and I get to track the futures market for the next month Wooo fuckin hooo Can y'all tell I'm excited. Yeah, so that was a nice fun ramble LOL

Allie
03-16-2002, 01:09 PM
OK so my journal has taken a turn toward a downward spiral of corruption LOL But thats OK I think I needed this break from taining. I have started to feel depressed again, and stressed from school. And with all of my family issues, I need to worry about my mental health first. :) Other than that the toga party was GREAT last night, I had fun, and my toga was super cute. Anywho I have a SUPER big pile of hw :(

ElPietro
03-17-2002, 08:59 PM
Other than that the toga party was GREAT last night, I had fun, and my toga was super cute.

hey you, where are the pics?! :confused:

Allie
03-18-2002, 08:48 AM
So I have a serious lack of motivation lately. I think it's because I am a little sick right now. And if I can survive this week I will be OK just let me make it to Wednesday and I should be in a happy mood. Oh I also have had some tightness in my right shoulder, not sure what it is exactly and I really wasn't to worried till it started to pop and dislocate, so I might go get that checked out. I had alot of problems with my shoulder in HS when I played volleyball and softball and if I can live through that this little bit is nothing. Other than that I did go to the gym today and I will admit I didn;t had the best attitude, but I at least went! :clap: (I love that little smilie, I giggle everytime I see it)

Behind neck pulldown 80 x2 x10
Lateral Rows 60 x2 x10
Incline press 35 x2 x10
Behind neck press 30 x2 x10
Hi Rows 100 x2 x10*
*Tried these today because Nicole made me

After the gym I walked around campus trying to hunt down a Wall Street Journal :rolleyes: I need it for the next four weeks for a lame project. Couldn't find any so I called and got a 10 week subscription. All to track a handful of futures markets, Damn ABM class (I know a few of you see my away msg for that class) Anywho I do feel much better now and my attitude is improving, I think mornings are bad right now because of my allergies and I wake up and just feel icky. *sigh* I will be working on my mood all day, and keeping my fingers crossed that my leg feel better for Wednesday (I had a slight drunken accident Friday night LOL)

Allie
03-19-2002, 09:19 PM
I can't deny it, I'm sick. I spent all dat coughing and *trying* to blow my poor nose but all I'm getting is some pst nasal drip. So I took some Suedefed and some throat numbing spray and also put some vapor rub on my chest in hopes that I feel at least ehhhh tomorrow. I called my mom to let her know I feel like poop and she said tough it out ten more days and then I get to come home. I think stress of school is really bringing me down *sigh* Everyone keep their fingers crossed that this isn't the viral infection coming back, I don;t think I can take another 2 1/2 months of being sick :cry:

I did go to the Dr today she said my thyroid and glands seemed fine, and the sore throat was probably dry dust dorms. So she said humidifier, fluids, and rest. Keep on the decongestant, and if it gets worse to call her.

Why can't I just be a "healthy" person?:rolleyes:

Allie
03-20-2002, 03:14 PM
So I had an issue this morning, I'm hella sick, but I allready have two absences in my weights class and once you have 5 you fail the class no questions asked. So I decided to sacrafice myself for the grade. I went kinda played around, not sure why :rolleyes: but I did.

I have no clue what this is but I know my glands are swollen, and I have some terrible post nasal drip happening, and my chest feels like it weighs a ton. So I have sat around all day taking decongestant, and drinking water. I have coughed so much that I threw up :( I just hate being sick and I can deal with a stuff head, but I ache like a mofo. OK enough of my complaining, and back to bed for me.

heathj
03-20-2002, 03:16 PM
When I have to do that, I just go and do a sit up routine...don't have to strain your body as much and you still can get a workout from it and the teacher can't grade you down on that. 5 absences is nothing, that is bullshit.

Allie
03-21-2002, 03:24 PM
So I'm out of commision for a while. I have yet another Dr stumped at whats wrong with me. He scared me when he mentioned menengitis :rolleyes: But he ordered a CBC gave me a Z-pac and sent me home, so I just chill till he calls. YOu would think that 8 years of school and a PhD these people could figure something out *sigh*

I took my first two pills at 1pm and I allready feel better, although I'm out of kleenex and need to go to the store

Allie
03-22-2002, 02:32 PM
No call from the Dr about my CBC, so I'm guessing that there is nothing major on it. Other than that lets hear it for Zithromax :clap: I love this ****, I feel 200% better today, no more aches, no more gurgling cough, no more sore throat. But I'm going to chill this weekend rather than make a trip home.

Celestial
03-22-2002, 02:45 PM
Woohooo hope u feel even better soon!

IceRgrrl
03-22-2002, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by heathj
5 absences is nothing, that is bullshit.

Heh...that, my friend heath, is one of the many differences between high school and college. It's the same thing at my college...I can "Q" someone after 3 absences...you get dropped from the class and get a Q for "quit."

Glad to hear that you're feeling better, Allie :) You've had quite a semester...

heathj
03-22-2002, 03:17 PM
But it depends on the class right? Cause some teachers don't take attendance at all...correct?

Allie
03-22-2002, 04:33 PM
Heath as a matter of fact every class I have this semester takes attendance... it sucks

Ice, my semester only gets better *denotes sarcasm* I got a call yesterday to let me know that my aunt passed away. And because I'm sick, I can't make it to the funeral, and I feel so terrible about that.

IceRgrrl
03-22-2002, 04:56 PM
Oh Allie, I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt...*hugs*

I'm sure that your aunt knows that she is in your thoughts...

Allie
03-22-2002, 07:20 PM
Thanks hon

All of my family keeps calling to make sure I'm handeling everything OK

Allie
03-25-2002, 08:17 AM
I'm feeling so much better :) And I went to the gym today (not like I had a whole lot of choice) So I really didn't do anything hardcore

decline press 55x 2x 10
High rows 100x 2x 10
military press 24x 2x 10
Lateral rows 60x 2x 10

I was really tired today. Probably because I didn't get to bed till 2 am because we where doing rush stuff that HAD to get done last night.

Allie
03-27-2002, 08:38 AM
OK I'm getting back on track *pats self on back* Although I went out last night (went out with my grand big and great grand big) and came home at 2:30 am I managed to go to the gym and have a decent workout. Oh and I finally want to eat again :) Yay for having my appetite back. Oh and I started some new meds this week, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn;t screw anything up.

Leg extentions 50 x2 x10
Leg curl 70 x2 x10
Squats 100 x2 x10 increased a little weight here today
Leg press 250 x2 x10 And can still add some weight here

Allie
04-01-2002, 09:38 PM
High rows 110x 2x 10 <----- Kicked my butt hardcore
decline press 55x 2x 10
military press 30x 2x 10
Behing neck press 55x 2x 10

Busy day for me today. And my professor also told me that I need to apply myself to my work more, although my avg in his class is at least a 97% he also stated that I should reconsider my career choice....ASSHOLE! Sorry but that really isn't an April Fools Day thing either. I ended up crying in front of him and riding the bus home with my sunglasses on because my eyes were puffy. And I had a midterm tonight which I'm not sure how I did on it *sigh* Oh well at least the day is over with.

the doc
04-01-2002, 10:12 PM
hmmm not very professional sounding to me...
probably tenured eh?
what class?

Pup
04-02-2002, 04:56 AM
What a bastard, want me to kill him :ninja:

Allie
04-02-2002, 05:09 AM
He teaches my Agricultural Extention Education class, he is pretty high up in the department too. I hope he was just frustrated, because I really know what kind of work he expects and I'm pretty sure I can meet or exceed the expectations and criteria for the assignment. It just really pissed me off to hear him say I need to try harder and that I might have chosen the wrong career, I mean come on, I'm a junior and to tell a student that.... not very professional at all in my book. I will NEVER have respect for him as long as I am still a student here at MSU.

Mystic Eric
04-02-2002, 12:53 PM
That sucks Allie. There's nothing better than showing up a teacher that doubted you. Give me his address, I'll take care of him for ya: :bash:

Allie
04-03-2002, 12:05 PM
La la la la la la

So yeah a friend recently pointed out that I have been in a toally opposite mood. Which I also noticed and at the moment I am blaming my oc's. I just started a new kind, which is supposed to be the lowest dose of estrogen you can get. Which confuses me because I didn't have enough estrogen to begin with. Maybe I'm just confused :rolleyes: So now I get to have a free ride on the emotional rollercaoster all thanks to my hormones.

Anywho that might have been a little too much info for you all. But oh well, after all it;s my journal. So I stayed up till 1 am doing this stupid training plan for my weight class. So our intire hour was spent reviewing for our exam next week, after the exam we are done with tough stuff and just need to show up at the gym a few more times.

As for classes.... yeah they are kicking my ass. It will be a long three weeks and then finals. And I have all of these random projects like teaching my class for 80 mins, on a gay topic at that. So it should be an entertaining last month of school.

Allie
04-08-2002, 09:10 AM
:cry: Meds are still playing with my moods *sigh* I want school to just be done with. I haven;t been at home much, so sleep is off, diet is off, I'm bored with my class. I have kept up with going to the gym, maybe this summer will give me time to have fun with the things I like.... running, kayaking, I have a few other new hobbies planned :) As for my workout today it sucked ass. My right knee is sore and swollen from two days of hardcore shopping followed by a day on my feet at a cattle show getting my ass kicked.

That all

Allie
04-10-2002, 12:40 PM
OK so my mood is a tad more stable (thank God) Other than that I took an exam today for my weight training class, lets all hope I pull another 96%. As for my own traing program (which a few of you guys helped me with) I lost 2 pints on it and thats a 90% so THANK YOU ALL!

Anywho my week sucks if I can make it till next Wednesday finlas will be a fuckin breeze ;) So far it looks like my lowest grade will be a 3.0 so I'm excited about that. Other than that I'm working on stress management so that I don;t kill anyone in the near future ;)

PowerManDL
04-10-2002, 12:49 PM
I told you to let me do it. I'd have thrown together a periodized program that would have taught your professor a few tricks.

Allie
04-10-2002, 12:59 PM
I think I can deal with a 90%, lets not forget that this is the same TA that has asked me to go to the bar with him ;)

PowerManDL
04-10-2002, 01:53 PM
I see. You're going to :hump: yourself to a 100%.

Allie
04-10-2002, 02:02 PM
Hell no, he is a pale little scottish guy

Ewww I have much much higher standards

Allie
04-10-2002, 09:36 PM
OK so I'm hella confused, tonight I am shaking like crazy! I ate 2 meals today and had a snack not too long ago, so why would this happen? Grrrr it's just annoying as all hell

Allie
04-16-2002, 07:05 AM
So my day.... I didn;t feel like going to work out yesterday morning. But I did anyways, when I got there, the weight romm is closed for the rest of the year due to construction. So Sean came up with the idea of doingcircut training. This is new to me...but why on God's green earth would someone do this ****. The fieldhouse is hotter than all hell and it got up to 88 yesterday and I just didn't like the whole deal.

Anywho after the gym I went to class to give a presentation to a video camerea since my teacher wasn't there. After that I came home and had brunch outside in the sun on a blanket with friends and got sun burned. Then I decided to go over to the house. When I got there it said our brother fraternity was coming by with the pool on wheels. IE.... they seal the bed of their truck and fill it with heated water and then proceed to parade through East Lansing honking and waiving and drinking LOL We called the police, it's all legal so I had to go to my ABM class but the pool sounded too good, so I jumped in, in all but the skirt I had on.

After the pool we had chapter meeting where the e-board decided to somehow rig the votes to fill a position and I was elected to 1st V-P. I think it's going to be alot of work. After meeting our brother frat came back by with 3 fresh new pools, and decided that we all sould go hang out with their greek week partners. So I went over to their place and met alot of cool people.

Anywho I along day and by the end of the night I was so sore from Seans crazy circut training

Blood&Iron
04-16-2002, 08:05 AM
So my day.... I didn;t feel like going to work out yesterday morning. But I did anyways

Great job.

heathj
04-16-2002, 08:53 AM
Good luck on the VP position! :thumbup:

So in the pool, all you had on was a skirt? :hump:

Allie
04-16-2002, 10:06 AM
so I jumped in, in all but the skirt I had on.

In other words I took my skirt off and jumped in, I swaped the skirt for shorts since we had a meeting later that night.

Allie
04-19-2002, 10:27 AM
I moved half of my stuff home today :) I can;t believe that the semester is almost done with. Anywho a little update.... Lost another 2 pounds, Doesn;t seem like much but the scale keeps moving to the left, and thats always a good thing :)

Allie
04-20-2002, 04:49 PM
I looked in the mirror today and I'm thinking that I might actually be starting to like my body. I know it's sad that for 20 years I have never been happy with how I look and all of a sudden I think I look "normal." And the whole thing is... what is normal? Am I supposed to look like every girl in Cosmo? Although I know that each and everyone of them have been altered by a computer or airbrushed. So in short.... I'm happy being me :)

The_Chicken_Daddy
04-20-2002, 05:01 PM
I bet you look shagtastic too, baby :)

Pup
04-20-2002, 06:34 PM
She does :)

Allie
04-20-2002, 06:51 PM
Thanks for encouraging him Pup :rolleyes:

Allie
04-21-2002, 12:10 PM
OK so last night I slept for 12 hours! :eek: I still feel tired and I'm having issues regulating my body temp again. One min I'm freezing cold them I'm hella hot. Talk about annoying :( I think it's stree from finals.

Pup
04-21-2002, 12:18 PM
I agree, you need to relax, *breath in, breathe out*.

Allie
04-21-2002, 01:14 PM
As promised I scanned one of the pics from the toga party

The_Chicken_Daddy
04-21-2002, 01:37 PM
hehe. I bet that night was class. :)

Allie
04-22-2002, 06:09 AM
I wish my body would make up it's mind! I slept terrible and I noticed a general bad attitude lately. All I can think of is that it's possibly the new meds *sigh* :rolleyes:

Allie
04-23-2002, 05:21 AM
Sleep was a little better last night. Although yesterday was a battle to keep food down, my poor tummy hurt like crazy. I think it's stress. Maybe a drink before bed will relax me and help the sleep issue.

Celestial
04-23-2002, 09:53 AM
Try some warm green tea, or some "grandmas tummy tea" from celestial seasonings.

Allie
04-23-2002, 06:40 PM
I feel so blonde!

I think I figured out the general blah feeling lately which includes the headaches and fatigue. Are you all ready for this... I don't think I have been eating enough. Today I actually had lunch (turkey sandwich on a whole wheat bagel) and ate dinner (chicken and a baked potatoe) and I feel like I could run a marathon. I don't know if it's still a protein issue or if it's food in general. But I do feel so much better today. No headache, no being tired. No matter how pressed for time I am, no more skipping meals for me.

Blood&Iron
04-23-2002, 06:46 PM
I feel so blonde!

I think I figured out the general blah feeling lately which includes the headaches and fatigue. Are you all ready for this... I don't think I have been eating enough. Today I actually had lunch (turkey sandwich on a whole wheat bagel) and ate dinner (chicken and a baked potatoe) and I feel like I could run a marathon.

Yup...starvation will do that. Good to hear you're finally eating something--other than just popcorn.

Allie
04-25-2002, 04:01 PM
OK so food has been better :)

Now I'm on a mission to get a new AOL screen name )I'm bored with mine) So if you all have any suggestions, pass them along

The_Chicken_Daddy
04-25-2002, 04:05 PM
AllieTheScally@AOL.com

hahaha

j/k

kAiXuan
04-25-2002, 04:27 PM
heyalliewannatradepics?@aol.com :thumbup:

Allie
04-26-2002, 07:43 AM
Wednesday was the last day of my weights class, so I figured I might as well reflect and analyze what I learned and my general feelings about the whole situation.

What I learned: If weight training is something that if I want to pursue I will have to learn LOTS and LOTS more! I had never imagines that it could get so complex. I didn't 4.0 the class, but I did do pretty good on my exams (avg 92%) The traing plan made me realize that I need more help as well as info before I just go walking into the gym.

What I really got out of the class: Some of you may know that I struggle to be confident in certain settings. I have no issues being professional, nor meeting people. But when I'm not very knowledgeable on a subject, I tend to sit back and listen rather than ask questions that could place me in a postion of being looked down on. What can I say I have pride. The class allowed me to learn the BASICS, and thats what I needed. So know I feel that I can do some more reading and I might actually get somewhere in terms of needing prior knowledge. Oh yeah and I learned that the gym isn't a scary place filled with skinny beautiful people.

As for what I plan to do now: Well next week I go home for the summer. So I can actually work on my diet (which has been non existant because I just never eat) Home will be a lot less stressfull, it will give me the time I need with my family. Some of you know that I had a very rough semester, both with me mental and physical health. But now I can relax a little more. At the moment I have planned to go back to my job doing road construction and I don;t have a second job this summer :) My schedule rocks! Mon- Thurs 6am-4pm, so I have EVERY Fri, Sat and Sun off. I figured I might hang out with Rob this summer, seeing how he lives 15 mins from me LOL

As for working out, there really isn't a gym that works out for me, one is a 35 min drive one way and the other is a 45 min drive one way. And thats good, because I need to kick myself in the ass and keep at my cardio. I hope to do alot of swimming since I have weekends off now. I can take the time to get to my "To Do" list like visit my aunt, and my best friend at school, and just have fun. I think I might even enter a kayak/canoe race for fun, I'll have every weekend to train for it.

Anyways I think I might retire this journal. But I hope you all atleast got a few laughs out of my learning experience, because I know I did :)

heathj
04-26-2002, 08:53 AM
Why can't you work out with Rob over the summer?

Allie
04-26-2002, 01:12 PM
I highly doubt Rob would want me to go with him, and I think it's a little to far. Remember we live in the middle of nothing. Also Rob is a meanie at time, not sure I could deal with him and his "constructive critisism" ;) Just ask him what happened one day when he made the tiniest suggestion to me ;)

Allie
04-28-2002, 03:47 PM
As requested in chat, I will post some pics

Allie
04-28-2002, 03:48 PM
Here is one of my old pictures

Allie
04-28-2002, 03:49 PM
Heres one from the fall

Allie
04-28-2002, 03:50 PM
And the one on my website

Allie
04-29-2002, 12:38 PM
Y'all kinda scare me that you asked for pics. But anyways I have a KILLER headache again, and yes I did eat :) I also have my first final at 8 pm tonight, and I haven't studied for it LOL I figure if I don't know the **** by now I won't learn it ;)

Pup
04-29-2002, 04:06 PM
I highly doubt Rob would want me to go with him, and I think it's a little to far. Remember we live in the middle of nothing. Also Rob is a meanie at time, not sure I could deal with him and his "constructive critisism" ;) Just ask him what happened one day when he made the tiniest suggestion to me ;)

:cry:

Allie
04-29-2002, 04:35 PM
FOR CLARIFICATION

Rob isn't mean, I called him a "meanie" because I just don't handle constructive critism well. It's nothing personal against him at all, it's more or less a joke.

Sorry Rob :) Just remember we have a road trip in less than a week, so no fighting tuttut

Allie
05-01-2002, 10:04 PM
So for all of you that have been reading my AIM profile and away messages. My finals are over! :) Better yet "Spoons" ABM class is over with too. I just go tomorrow morning to hand in my portfolio... it looks VERY ace by the way. It even has a video of one of my presentations in it- my prof made me sit through 5 mins of watching myself.

Anywho it's been a long, ROUGH, and difficult semester for me. Thanks for everyone who help talk me through things and sobbing phone calls, and even phone calls when I was stuck in bed sick and bored. It's been great and I am officially a JUNIOR (94 credits after 2 years) So I can substitute teach now in Michigan if I so desire :) Anyways enough babling. I go home Friday :)

Oh and I got the Sugar Queen info, not only am I elligable to be a court member, but it is only a day long thing that consists of a 5-10 min interview in a formal dress, and a luncheon. 20 days later I go back (in another formal dress) and they announce the winners. I have to SERIOUSLY see if I want to pursue this, so give feedback if you feel the need to.

Allie
05-06-2002, 12:46 PM
OK thanks for all of the feedback on the pagent. I'm stressing about that trying to decide if I want to do it. Other than that I had the road trip with Rob, my knee is swelled up like a grapefruit and not much else is going on.

Allie
05-10-2002, 09:06 AM
The knee still looks like a grapefruit :mad: Grrr

The pagent I have decided not to do till next year when I will be able to liberate more of my time.

The room is still a mess but looking better and better by the hour. Before you know it there WILL be hardwood floors and new walls (just havent decided on a color scheme, pattern or wallpaper versus paint) I just want the roon done!

I went for a quickie run last night... I know not the best idea given the current situation with my knee. I only did a mile, but it felt good :) Then I did a little walking till my hip started to click and the dog looked like he wanted some water. Plus is was scary tornado type looking weather and given yesterdays cold-warm-cold fronts I decided to get back home.

Oh I also spent 2 hours at the hospital yesterday for my physical and drug screen. I can tell you more things about my pee then I ever wanted to know. The Dr said my knee looked fine given the circumstances and she offered to do another set of X-rays, but since 3 sets have come back completely clear she said she thinks it's just some inflimation and to keep up with the motrin, ice, and wrap.

Todays plan is to finish cleaning out my three closets and fill them up with my clothes. And then start taking all of the garbage to the dump and also stop by the good will to make a donation, I might even get to the part where I wash my truck today :)

Allie
05-13-2002, 05:50 AM
My knee looks much better, it's still a little painful, but I just keep popping Motrin and icing it. Now My shoulder has decided it was jealous, so my right arm isn't doing too much.

Other than that I have been enjoying my vacation :D I've watched TONS of movies, I discovered the Game Show Network, and I started work on my room :) I think today I'm going to go get a bookcase, I have managed to collect more books thann I will ever read or touch again (gotta love college)

Oh and my vacation has been extended (my work still doesn't have all my paperwork in) So I get to keep chilling here at the house and running errands :)

IceRgrrl
05-13-2002, 06:23 AM
LOL! Sounds like you're enjoying being out of school :) This is my last week so I'm going to be sleeping in and doing nothing NEXT week in celebration...

Where do you live in Michigan?

The_Chicken_Daddy
05-13-2002, 07:40 AM
"Now My shoulder has decided it was jealous, so my right arm isn't doing too much."

I seriously lmao @ this.

Allie
05-14-2002, 02:19 PM
Thanks for that Robboe

Anywho the shoulder popped last night while I was shopping when I went to touch my hair, and it hasn't hurt since then. Go figure. But anyways I went to work today... Nothing like the first day back, and it reminds why I like my job. I started of fthe day closing off a lane to the highway to seal a crack. Then I painted a Mack truck (nothing like standing on the hood painting the top of the cab) and the washed some salters and moved them back to the yard. God I love big trucks and road construction. Anyways today I went for a little jog, the knee is still kinda swollen, but I'm being gentle with it. Anyways in general my mood is MUCH better today :)

Allie
05-14-2002, 06:16 PM
I *tried* to go for a run, but they knee just won't hear of it :( So I took down a bunch of notches and atleast got an exciting walk/jog in. Afterwards my legs were killing me so I did some stretching and then soaked ina hot bath and feel TONS better :)

The down side to all of this... I'm REALLY craving ice cream tonight and I'm not going to give in

Allie
05-15-2002, 06:58 PM
Woo Hoo! I got the ice cream today, I just couldn't take the cravings any more. First of all I have wanted ice cream for like a week. Second of all I'm PMSing and that alone is a good enough reason. So after work I went to the store and drooled over 3 freezers full of choices. I finally walked away with a HALF GALLON of Chocolat Mosse Tracks YUMMY :) :) :) (Are you feeling my excitement?)

Anywho I obviously came home and had some LOL But work today was interesting. I worked with the boy I like and spent all day closing lanes of the highway off to crack seal again. I was freezing cold all day even though I had a t-shirt, long sleeve shirt, and jacket on. And heres the quirky part (welcome to Michigan weather) I got sun burned! I was like WTF!

But anyways I had fun joking around with the cute boy and waving at the coast guard boys ;) What a day... I get paid to be a flirt LOL

The_Chicken_Daddy
05-16-2002, 03:50 AM
Half a freakin' gallon?!

B-Jesus, woman!

Heatwave over here :cool:

Allie
05-16-2002, 04:01 AM
I didn't say I ate it all LOL

Allie
05-16-2002, 04:11 AM
Come to think of it, who could eat eat half gallon of ice cream? Or even a pint at that?

The_Chicken_Daddy
05-16-2002, 04:31 AM
I love a good challenege....

Pup
05-16-2002, 06:04 AM
I've eaten 1/2 of a half gallon before, i usually just stick to eating pints of ben and jerry's *scampers off to find pint of half baked*

Allie
05-19-2002, 01:09 PM
Ice cream consumption has been above average :D Hey I have to help support America's Dairy Farmers ;) I have noticed how much dairy I have in my diet... milk (at least a gallon a week), cottage cheese, cheese, ice cream, and I use alot of milk to cook stuff too.

Other than that the knee has been better :) It's not that sore but it still is making a popping noise. I did some cardio today, but am going to lay off of the running for a while. I hope once it gets warm I'll go swimming. Yes I'm going to subject myself to getting in a lake YUCK! I really am pool material, something about swimming with fish, turtles, and little bugs isn't appealing to me.

On a side note, a boy called me today :) but he was an asshole, although he wants to come visit me, I think I will just let him be, if he really wants anything to do with me he knows how to find me, I'm just not sure if I want to be involved with him :rolleyes:

Other than that I talked over the final plans with my mom for my room, and we are all set to start next week, heck I could even start today if I wanted to LOL We picked out all of the paint colors and linens and flooring and trim :) I feel like Martha Stewart LOL

Allie
05-20-2002, 03:12 AM
It's colder than all hell here and trying to snow and it's the middle of May for the love of God :( And today I start my 4/10 shifts, so I work from 6am-4pm Mon-Thurs. It will be nice when the weather warms up but right now it just isn't sounding very good. So yeah if anyone else is ever around at 5 am, thats when I check my morning e-mail and messages. Unfortunitly I think the rest of the world is asleep at this time

heathj
05-20-2002, 08:56 AM
I can help warm ya up ;)

Lay off the ice cream! It's summer!(almost)

Allie
05-20-2002, 03:30 PM
I have a total weaknesss for ice cream, I kid you not that I just finished for the day LOL I love ice cream more than anything :) My grandfather owned a handful of daries and my dad and uncles worked in them and so did my mom once she started dating my dad, I really think it's in my blood. Oh and I worked at an ice cream shop for 3 summers :) Like I said I love icream more than anything else.

As for the weather it's still cold :( But I will deal. But thanks for the offer Heath ;)

Allie
05-23-2002, 07:13 PM
OK so this week at work has been a little rough. I guess I'm just not use to getting up at 4:30 am Other tha that it was fun

Mon: Put in a tube with Travis, basiclly I stood around and put in a few bolts

Tues: Shoveled gravel and measured for paving, Oh yeah I also managed to puy a one ton truck in the ditch and my boss had to pull me out OOPS !:)

Wed: Sat in a truck for 11 1/2 hours (yes I got in some OT :) )

Allie
05-23-2002, 07:15 PM
OK so this week at work has been a little rough. I guess I'm just not use to getting up at 4:30 am Other tha that it was fun

Mon: Put in a tube with Travis, basiclly I stood around and put in a few bolts

Tues: Shoveled gravel and measured for paving, Oh yeah I also managed to puy a one ton truck in the ditch and my boss had to pull me out OOPS !:)

Wed: Sat in a truck for 11 1/2 hours (yes I got in some OT :) )

Today: Did some engineering stuff and patched pot holes

Now that I have worked 4 days... I get 4 days off YEAH! :) I plan on washing my truck, doing laundry, unpacking, cleanin, laying out, going swimming or kayaking if the weather is good. I'm pumped, bring on the holiday weekend :)

Allie
05-25-2002, 06:25 AM
Yesterday it was at least sunny, I'm still waiting for the 80+ degree weather to arrive. Doesn't everyone know I want to lay outside, work on my tan, and have a few drinks? Well it will just have to wait. Yesterday I washed my truck (She was SUPER dirty) I also plan on waxing her today and I need to do a little cleaning on her interior, put some rain-x on the windshield, and also put my letters in the back window. I have really been debating that. Do I want everyone who I drive by to know that I'm in a sorority. I'm worried about getting the ditsy, rich girl, stuck up sorority stereotype. Mom was excited to help, so I figured I would talk to her today about it. I also want to get some cute seat covers, I was thinking something with a hawaian look. Can you all tell I have a decent vacation... Look at all the random ideas LOL I plan on going shopping tomorrow, I need to find the perfect capri pants, and hopefully a pair of sexy sandals to go with my navy dress. Well it's about that time to attempt some cardio this morning *prays for my kneee*

Sebi
05-25-2002, 08:00 AM
lol @ Allie's truck mania

Isn't there a pool near you? Swimming would be cerainly better then running if your knee hurts.

Allie
05-25-2002, 12:13 PM
LMAO I live in the middle of nowhere. Ask Pup or Spidey. The closest pool is a 35 min drive at a hotel. I mean if I REALLY feel motivated I could go swim after work. But after a 10 hour day I usually lack motivation...I'll be honest about it.

Although this morning I did dust off theNordic Trac (which I had forgoten about) because mom had mentioned that it was low impact. So after a whole 15 mins my knee was throbbing and it's now making a funny noise kinda like tearing. So by that I might go to the Dr if it keeps this up any longer. I'm just hesitant because I have allready had two complete sets of X-rays and they both came back normal and the Dr's said it was bursitus. So I will wait it out and see...

On the other hand my truck did look very nice :) Untill it rained this afternoon LOL

Allie
05-26-2002, 03:20 PM
What a fun day!

Skipped the cardio this morning because the knee hurt. But I did go shopping! :) I had people at the Gap waiting on me hand and foot. So much fun. I finally got the worlds best fitting capri pants, a really cute skirt, a red halter top, denim jacket, flip flops, and pair of flares that were on sale. Oh I also picked up a knee brace because I'm sick of wrapping my knee each night only to fight with my pajamas and wake me up. So all in all it's been a GREAT day :)

Nothing like shopping to make you feel better

Oh and I deserve a gold satr, I went to Liz Claiborn and didn't buy a new purse, and I also didn't even go near the Coach store :)

Allie
05-27-2002, 04:36 PM
So my knee felt a whole lot better today! :) So I was all pumped I knew better than to go running, so I figured I would do a 30 min bike ride. So I went to the barn to get my bike, found it, got it out, brought it up to the house. I noticed that my U-lock was still on it from school, so I went into the house got my keys and took it off. So I got on the bike and started down the driveway. I noticed that the back tire could use some air. So I walk it back out to the barn. And the air compressor wasn't hooked up. So I had a brilliant idea to use the little air pump in the car. So I walk the bike back up to the house, figure out how to open the trunk (Just drove this car for the first time yesterday, in fact it was my first time ever driving a CAR!) so I looked in the trunk, nothing. So I check my dads work car... nothiing. SO I check my moms vehicle... nothing. So I gave up on my bike ride and put the bike in the garage. LOL

Other than that I did laundry and watched the Trading Spaces marathon today! I also grilled dinner :) YUMMY! Oh and it's my last day of vacation for 4 days :(

Spiderman
05-27-2002, 05:27 PM
What a massively DETAILED description of your biking experience... (or shall we say bike WALKING experience. ;) ) :p

Allie
05-28-2002, 03:14 AM
Exactly! Thats why I thought it was so funny. Not a big deal that I just scratched the cardio yesterday. I haven't made a mental committment as to what I'm going to do on my work days, because I'll admit it... when I come home after a 10 hour day I don't want to do cardio. But we'll wait and see how I feel. I'm shooting for 1 or 2 days. I know not really a tough goal LOL

Allie
05-29-2002, 03:31 PM
OK yesterday I got this killer headache and was just groggy. So I was talking with Rob when I told him I have been feeling really sick after I eat, etc. So after a little discussion he tells me *again* that I'm not eating enough. So after a little chat of how to solve my problem, since you don;t really eat unless you feel hungry... I decided to write down EVERYTHING I eat (Rob I know your impressed ;))

OK so if you all want the EXACT breakdown I will put it in here, but I really don't feel like it.

Basicly without dinner (most likely chicken and pasta) here my totals for today

1330 Cals (I knew I was eating enough)
26.5g Fat
117g Carbs
44g Protein

Blood&Iron
05-29-2002, 04:26 PM

1330 Cals (I knew I was eating enough)
26.5g Fat
117g Carbs
44g Protein
Well, there's gotta be some kinda mistake in here, cuz if you use the macronutrient numbers you've provided you get:
(117+44) * 4kcal = 644kcal
26.5 * 9kcal = 238.5kcal

For a whopping total of: 882kcal, which is basically a starvation diet. I'm not doing this to be an ass, just to let you know the reality of your situation. You need to be eating a lot more than this girl.

Allie
05-29-2002, 04:50 PM
I'm trying here! But you know my tummy only holds so much food at one time. I mean if you want to be honest I could eat anything and I could also go a puke it back up. But the goal isn't to do that!

Allie
05-29-2002, 06:56 PM
OK

Obviously this has been a bad day for me. I talked with a friend and I feel a little bit better. I'm just going to take it day by day *sigh* :)

Allie
05-30-2002, 03:50 PM
Much better day! :) Added some cals by suggestion, and feel a lot better. Went to do my cardio tonight and it was raining again, and I'm sorry (I'll admit it) Not a real outsy doorsy kinda girl and I'm sure as hell not going to go for a run in the rain.

Allie
05-31-2002, 08:08 PM
OK So I went running. Not all that great but my knee was fine through it all :) And I did feel better afterwards :) Oh and the wings kicked ass tonight.

Sebi
06-01-2002, 02:38 AM
great. glad to hear it's going better with your knee.

have you ever tried walking though?

Allie
06-01-2002, 05:01 AM
Yeah, it's just not the same though. I save the walking for worse situations.

Random note: I woke up with tons of bug bites, need to put on some repellent before I go running next time.

Allie
06-01-2002, 11:00 AM
OK I love my weekends off! A Saturday full of laying out so I can work on my tan and eating ice cream :)

Allie
06-02-2002, 04:55 AM
Managecd to fit in a mini cardio session yesterday *pats self on back*

And for the MOST exciting news of the day... La is comming home Whoo Hoo. I haven't seen my best friend since Christmas. I had a extremly busy semester and never got the chance to go see her in Detroit. Well anyways she is comming home for her little sisters graduation, and I'm just so pumped :) She is also bring her boyfriend who she has been dating for almost a year and I have never met LOL I'm so excited to be able to sit down and catch up with her. I have pics to show her from stuff, and I get to meet her boy, and I will also get to see her mom and her two other little sisters :)

Spiderman
06-02-2002, 07:02 AM
Her two other little sisters eh? :rolleyes: Woohoo!!! Boy I wish I could be there.... lol

Allie
06-02-2002, 11:24 AM
Hey I'm sorry that Hannah just loved you "Mr. Smooth Mofo" ;) Who knew that you were irrestiable to a 5 year old LOL

Yeah for clarification, it's her biological little sister who is graduating, and her other two sisters are adopted.

Savannah
06-02-2002, 11:28 AM
OK I love my weekends off! A Saturday full of laying out so I can work on my tan and eating ice cream :)

*admires that*

Allie
06-02-2002, 01:07 PM
LMAO

I will admit that I have quite a nice set of tan lines now :) Two days and I have managed to get a nice base going :)

I will share my funny story though. Well I was at school I took my bikinni over to the house, because one of teh frats kept filling up the bed of their pickups with heated water and driving around town, and I usually ended up getting in on the fun. So when I left school I *thought* I picked up my suit, but for some reason I can't find it LOL So I just grabbed one of my tube tops and my takini bottoms, I was miss matched but I lay out in my yard so I'm not too concerned

Allie
06-02-2002, 04:42 PM
OK so I went to the open house, got to see my best friend (Practically my sister) so I'm all happy :) I also met her bf who I will say seems nice but I'm not impressed. I also saw all the guys that I went to school with. They all seem to be dating girls 3 years younger then them LOL And every single one of them came up said hi and gave me a hug and said I looked good. Again these are the same assholes who wouldn't even talk to me in high school. So I basicly talked to them long enough not to be rude and walked away.

kAiXuan
06-02-2002, 04:55 PM
guys can be such azzholes, when will they realize that its whats inside that counts? i talk to people and get to know them for the person that they are, not just cause i wanna sleep with them-

Spiderman
06-03-2002, 01:16 PM
I've told ya before what I think about those fewls Allie. Musta been kinda awkward at the open house though... I know I'd feel wierd. Hell, I was at my younger bro's graduation on sunday and I saw a chick I went to school with all through Jr. High and Highschool.. It went something like this...

Me: "Kim!"

Kim: "Um.. Hi..." (confused look on her face)

Me: "Hows it goin?"

Kim: "Uh...good... *pause... confusion*"

Me: "You don't know who I am do you?"

Kim: "No"

Me: *takes sunglasses off* "You still dont' do ya?"

Kim: "No, ok, gotta go now...bye."

lol... I was quite amused. :p

Allie
06-10-2002, 06:22 PM
*blows dust off of journal*

OK so this will be a weekly update....

Work: I have a partner now, I have patched all week. My arms are killing me, actually more or less my right shoulder.

Internship: Not doing a whole lot. I still need to type up minutes and mail them out for our meeting on the 20th

Home: Can I strangle my family? I really am used to living on my own and could lose a lot of the drama around here.

Fun! Well it's higher than ever! I hung out with Pup last Thursday, I made him dinner, well some parts I cooked and other parts of I managed to burn (You all know I really can't cook LOL) I went to Lansing this weekend to see my sisters and stayed at the house! We all went to see The Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood, super good movie! :) I also Spent Saturday with Spidey. What fun I tell you LOL I managed to get him to throw his diet out the window and drink with me. We watched the Wings game.

Weird ****: I managed to have an encounter with the ghost at the house. Yes appearantly the house I am living in next year is haunted by a little girl, she has onlt done innocent things to let us know she has a presence, but it will be intersting and I am kinda creeped out! LOL

Other than that I have just collected randon stories. LOL

Allie
06-11-2002, 03:12 AM
Oh yeah I fogot about the knee.... It's clicking a popping again, I think I might have to go to a Dr for real this time. I'm trying some Naproxin and glucosamine, I just have to wait and see.

Oh yeah and it's hotter than all hell here and humid too. I feel like this isn't Michigan at all :(

Allie
06-11-2002, 06:43 PM
Weather still sucks!

Knee still hurts :( I actually sat down and talked to mom about going to the Dr *sigh*

And I'm still dateless for Angies wedding. Side note..... Are you free July 13th? LOL This was Alicia's suggestion. I mean I have an idea or two of who I could ask, but I highly doubt that they want to spend a weekend in Kalamazoo with me LOL Watch match.com for me and my add to find a date (also Alicia's suggestion ;))

The weather has me feeling fat and big. And can I tell you how gross I feel at work... 10 hours outside in this weather is no picnic I tell you

Allie
06-14-2002, 01:31 PM
Feeling SUPER fat = PMS

Grrrr (I'm on a rant) OK so being a woman SUCKS! I'm still not sure what my new meds are doing to my poor body, but can I say I cried this morning at a Hallmark commercial. A damn commercial. I don't think I can handle anymore of this but I know I need my OC's or else I'm screwed. The Dr has told me before that I need to stay on the new pills for at least 3 months to take full effect. I don't know if I like this one. Yes it's finally solving my problems, but I have been having MAJOR mood swings, and my face looks terrible! Grrrr

And it's raining, there goes my idea for my tan. I might start my room renovations. But I do have a random story as usual. My mom took our golden retreiver to the groomer yesterday and she had them SHAVE him! He look so funny, but at least he is cool and now I will let him ride in my truck :)

the doc
06-14-2002, 02:16 PM
see life isnt all that bad :)

Pup
06-14-2002, 03:26 PM
I bet bear looks like a pimp now, he's gonna be getting more tail than he'll know what to do with :D

*note-for everyone's information, bear is snipped, so he won't be procreating, as his testicles are now for cosmetic purposes only*

Allie
06-14-2002, 05:46 PM
Holy Sh*t people actuall read my journal, and to think I was just trying to amuse myslef :p

Allie
06-16-2002, 04:23 PM
Martha F*ckin Stewart

OK I am a pro stripper now, well at least I know how to get wallpaper off LOL I have bare walls now. Next step in my home project is to remove all the dressers and empty the closest (this could take days with all my clothes) the rip up the carpet :) Thank God the orange shag will be gone. Then I'm learning how to fill in holes in the walls, prime and paint (I have never painted walls before) then to put in wood floors (no fear! I have a video of how to do it) and then just the dteails will need to be done, like matching switch covers, etc. SO PUMPED ABOUT IT ALL!

PowerManDL
06-16-2002, 04:30 PM
Things I laughed at in this post:

Originally posted by Allie:

OK I am a pro stripper now

I have bare walls now.

the rip up the carpet :) Thank God the orange shag will be gone.

Then I'm learning how to fill in holes

then to put in wood

SO PUMPED ABOUT IT ALL!

Allie
06-16-2002, 05:45 PM
Your such a perv Matt!

Pup
06-16-2002, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by PowerManDL
Things I laughed at in this post:

:withstupi

the doc
06-16-2002, 07:13 PM
for fun see how long you can hold the gallon paint jugs at shoulder level with your arms extended all the way out at your side.

Allie
06-17-2002, 03:32 PM
*flips everyone off and storms out of her own journal while muttering assholes*

PowerManDL
06-17-2002, 06:42 PM
*gives Allie a beer*

Celestial
06-18-2002, 05:53 PM
Isnt spackle cool! Hahaha

Allie
06-19-2002, 02:52 PM
I haven't gotten to the spackle part yet ;)

But I just wanted to make a note, that this journal is pretty much retired. I started a new journal, a REAL one, that I actually write in. I Started it last Sunday and decided it was time to get my ass in gear... so far the results include a better mood, I've lost 4 pounds 9still think this is weird, and I only weighed myself because someone said I looked thinner), and I'm really working on a BETTER diet

*note that read "BETTER" not perfect ;)

Celestial
06-19-2002, 03:14 PM
Please keep writing in this journal though so we can keep up with you and your progress.:)

Allie
06-19-2002, 05:08 PM
I haven't had any REAL progress in a LONG time, I feel FAT again and am frustrated because I can't do much with my knee, so I just think it's best if I work on my diet, and try to get some decent exercise in *sigh* Looks like I will be doing a whole lot of walking

PowerManDL
06-19-2002, 05:10 PM
Hi Allie!

:hello:

Allie
06-19-2002, 06:32 PM
Hi Matt!

OK I will keep posting in this journal a while to see if things do get better...

Lets recap, Sunday I started a few new things, working on the diet is one of the *Sigh*

Cals------1540
Fat--------55 (16.5%)
Carbs----204 (61.4%)
Protein--73 (21.9%)

OK I will admit it cals were only about 1440 till today and that just wasn't enough. Although I did drop 4 pounds. So per request the journal will stay active for a while

Allie
06-21-2002, 07:14 AM
WARNING- RANT....

OK so I'm a little bit of a bad mood today. One, it rained all last weekend and now my tan lines from work are out of control *sigh* I even have a tan line across my wrists from wearing my gloves.

My brother keeps coming home, so I have not gotten anything done on my room *waites for the walls to paint themselves*

Oh and I keep getting annoying e-mails from matchmaker.com and date.com letting me know that I have a secret admirer. I just know it's one of my friends playing a joke, but it got me thinking, if someone likes you-why don't they just tell you for themselves. Can ya'll tell I'm sick of playing games on the dating scene. Oh and on that note I also swear never to hook up any of my friends again.

One good thing... I at least have a day planned with my grandma to make an ever so cute sundress for the wedding in July. Still dateless, but I figure why stress over it, I will go by myself, have fun, and won't have to worry about all the pressure, etc.

I do have a busy day of mowing the lawn with my brother and then evening out my tanlines. Yeah for 3 day weekends though!

Oh and I ACTUALLY have stuff to do for my intership now, it's still mailings, but at least I feel like I am doing something :)

Allie
06-23-2002, 03:04 PM
*Hops on CKD band wagon*

Allie
06-24-2002, 04:28 PM
My first day on CKD was kinda Ehhhhh to sum it up. I didn;t want carbs all day, except for at dinner time, my family snuck out of the house while I was in the shower so that they wouldn;t feel bad leaving my behind.

To start my lovely morning, I woke up at 6 am, which is a HUGE problem seeing how thats when I'm supposed to be at work clocking in. So I call my boss in a panic, throw in a t-shirt and jeans and run out the door.

Heres what the food looked like today

6 am Skipped breakfast (time factor LOL)

9 am 4 oz Chicken and pepperoni

Noon 4 oz Chicken and 1 oz Cheese

5 pm 1 Hot dog, 1 oz mozz cheese, and 1/2 cup Jell-O

20 oz Crystal Light and at least 1 1/2 gallons water

Heres the breakdown.....
830 Cals
57 g F (40%)
3 g C (2%)
83 g P (58%)

Yeah yeah I need to do some more work *sigh* I talked with a few experienced people and sorted out some of the problems like not enough cals. Tomorrow can only get better.

the doc
06-24-2002, 05:58 PM
need more fat girl :)

the doc
06-24-2002, 05:59 PM
are there any nuts you like?

The_Chicken_Daddy
06-24-2002, 06:31 PM
How many cals are you planning on consuming each day?

And you need waayyyyy more fat, woman.

Aim for 70-75% of cals coming from fat.

Allie
06-24-2002, 07:09 PM
Yeah yeah, I know guys!

I figured out the problem, I used chicken today, not near enough fat in it. The problem is, if you have ever noticed any regular food day I don't think I ever crack 20%. So adding fat into my diet has made my poor tummy just turn, I have NEVER felt this terrible, all day I wanted to throw up, and a few times I was pretty sure that I would.

On e another note can I share that I ate **** today I would NEVER touch, it left a fatty feeling in my mouth YUCK!

And to make up for my mistake earlier today.... I ate an omlette tonight So that bumped up the cals

I'm going to try tomorrow to hit my 1300 cals

Celestial
06-24-2002, 07:12 PM
I knwo the feeling I ate **** i wouldnt eat either and i barely ever eat fat. I ******* HATE BEEF!!!! BUt guess what, its what I better get used to:(

Allie
06-24-2002, 07:20 PM
Yeah I know I'm trying here, I guess it doesn't hurt not to ump right into this, other wise I know none of this food would be staying down......

Oh and I'm REALLY impressed that people actually read this ;)

Doc- I just looked in the pantry and we have cashews ;)

the doc
06-24-2002, 08:29 PM
nice, grab some walnuts and brazil nuts as well. Good way to add fat. If you eat chicken, smother it in extra virgin olive oil.
As a matter of fact, smother everything in it. It is one of the best sources of fat, and will help you up cals very easily

Allie
06-25-2002, 03:12 AM
OK so I'm not to thrilled with this whole diet so far. As before my body seem to handle all this fat!

I woke up last night from a sound sleep with terrible heartburn, and started to throw up :( My guess is that the foods are so far from anything I would normally eat. I'm going to stick with it and hope my body can adapt to this.

Celestial
06-25-2002, 10:06 AM
Be sure to take zantac 75 or something as directed and drink plenty of fluids. I feel you babe. I dont eat beef, and I cant stand oil, but I ate it all drenched yesterday....surprisingly my tummy didnt hurt too too bad, but I didnt eat enough fat yesterday so we will see about today.

I am so sorry babe:( hope you feel better:(

Allie
06-25-2002, 04:09 PM
I said that today couldn't be any worse then yesterday...WRONG

So I woke up at 4:30 am still feeling like ****, got dressed and went to work. All day I felt sick and at one point I started to throw up again. Heres what the food looked like

5 am Jell-O and tea

9 am Hot dog and cheese

noon Jell-O and cheese

5:30 Omlette and cashews

Cals------860 (I told you all today was worse)
Fat-------69.5 g (54%)
Carbs----8 g (6.2%)
Protein--51 g (39.6)

And I made myself a promise, if my keto stick tested negative after dinner I was going to go ahead and put in a batch of cupcakes and call this off till next week.....damn thing turned red on me, so I'm going to stick to it

Allie
06-26-2002, 02:57 AM
I feel TONS better! Something about that first day just killed my tummy, I woke up this morning to a growling tummy that wanted food.

I'm trying some ground beef today, the hot dogs are a little too rough for me yet, maybe for dinner I will try one. It's just hard to eat processed foods, especially after meats class and knowing what is in them. I have a new appreciation for eggs, I think this will be the one thing I can eat no problem.

Will update when I get home from work tonight

Pup
06-26-2002, 06:58 AM
Outstanding allie...if you can handle the beef, i have a few different meal ideas you can try to keep some variety in there...keep up the hard work :ninja:

Celestial
06-26-2002, 09:27 AM
Keep going Allie, I may try it again if I can figure out some alternatives witht he keto diet as far as beef n so much oil.

PowerManDL
06-26-2002, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by just_a_pup
if you can handle the beef, i have a few different meal ideas you can try to keep some variety in there

LOL

Allie
06-26-2002, 07:11 PM
Much better day today! I think I have been getting too much sleep, I woke up at 3 am and just couldn't fall back asleep, so I'm staying up till at least 9:30 (I'm such a rebel)

5 am molette

9 am Ground beef and deviled eggs

noon Ground beef and cheese

Dinner 2 Hotdoga and cashews

Cals------1210
Fat-------100.5g (56.3%)
Carbs----16g (8.9%)
Protein---62g (34.7%)

Oh and I had a few pork rhines (I still can't believe I ate them)

Things are startung to come together, only takes me a few days to get into the swing of things. My family is AWESOME, my mom keeps trying to help plan meals in the house that I can eat, she really is so adoriable about it LOL

Oh and the carb cravings kicked in today *sigh* I have been wanting a cupcake SO SO SO bad, at this point I would be happy just to lick a cupcake (Yeah yeah I know...I'm pathetic)

Keto stick says: moderate
(LOL at dipping plastic strips in my own pee)

Pup
06-26-2002, 08:14 PM
That fat/protein ratio is getting better...still need the fat % a little higher...but you are doing great :)

matt...tuttut

Celestial
06-26-2002, 10:47 PM
Heheh gooooo ALLIE!

Allie
06-27-2002, 05:47 PM
OK so today all I wanted was crackers, and I don't even know why. And I feel guilty... I cheated. I couldn't take it anymore I needed something "good" to eat. Next thing I knew my finger was dipped into the chocolate frosting. My guess is that it was about 1/16 of a teaspoon.

Heres what I had today....

5 am Omlette

9 am Bacon and Jell-O

noon 2 hot dogs

5pm Cashews and a steak YUMMY :)
And I will also admit that I HAD to have some A-1 with it

Cals
Fat
Carbs
Protein

Note: You may notice that there are numerial breakdowns for today. It's because all of the beef at our house scomes from the local market, and they don't have any fuckin labels on things, so I figure what the hell...I'll just leave it blank LOL

*Stomps off in frustration*

Oh and about Saturday I'm eat cupcakes, nothing else but cupcakes for an ENTIRE day! They will be Funfeti with cream cheese frosting if anyone cares!

Allie
06-28-2002, 04:49 AM
OK so yesterday was just a rough day for me *sigh* Today I have to do a little stuff for my internship and then I'm off to lay out in the sun ALL day :) I love my 3 day weekends, and next wek I only work 3 days then it's a 4 day weekend :)

Celestial
06-28-2002, 08:41 AM
I got burt a bit yesterday:( my ass was sore:( LOL

Allie
06-28-2002, 03:06 PM
OK when an egg says it has less than one carb in it...how much is less than 1 g?

Can you all tell I'm really pushing my 20g today LOL

Blood&Iron
06-28-2002, 03:19 PM
OK when an egg says it has less than one carb in it...how much is less than 1 g?

Can you all tell I'm really pushing my 20g today LOL
I very much doubt you'll be kicked out of ketosis if you go slightly above 20g of carbs. Most keto diets restrict you to 30g or less. If you're active, you can probably even eat a bit more carbs 40-50g and stay in ketosis. Depends on the person, though.

Allie
07-01-2002, 06:50 PM
OK OK

So my weekend flew by and I enjoyed eating real food for my re-feed! Can I say I love spaghetti :)

Anywho I resumed my CKD this morning (the novelity has worn off real fast)

5 am 2 eggs

9 am some cheese and deviled eggs

noon rest of cheese and 2 hot dogs

5 pm 2 hotdogs and half a pickle

snack sausage

Cals 1415- right on for once YAY!
Fat 117.5 g (56%)
Carbs 18 g (9%)
Protein 76 g (36%)

I'm starting to need new ideas for meals *sigh* I was at work today and though ham roll-ups will be awesome as long as I leave out the onion YUCK!

Celestial
07-02-2002, 05:17 AM
OK OK

So my weekend flew by and I enjoyed eating real food for my re-feed! Can I say I love spaghetti :)

Anywho I resumed my CKD this morning (the novelity has worn off real fast)

5 am 2 eggs

9 am some cheese and deviled eggs

noon rest of cheese and 2 hot dogs

5 pm 2 hotdogs and half a pickle

snack sausage

Cals 1415- right on for once YAY!
Fat 117.5 g (56%)
Carbs 18 g (9%)
Protein 76 g (36%)

I'm starting to need new ideas for meals *sigh* I was at work today and though ham roll-ups will be awesome as long as I leave out the onion YUCK! Good job Allie!!! Your getting the hang of it:)

lmg8
07-02-2002, 11:10 AM
Allie-
hey hun hope you had a great weekend, and that you are doing well in your training.. just wanted to stop by and say hello and cheer you on

*\o/* G-O A-L-L-I-E!!!

Allie
07-02-2002, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the encouragement, it really helps! :)

Today was a rough day for me. Last night right before bed, I learned that a friend passed away and I am unable to attend the funeral tomorrow. So that has been kinda hanging over me today. I also had a major tummy ache today, or was it hunger pains? So besides starving today, I still have some cals I can fit in, just trying to decide how they should go in....

SO far heres the food for today

5 am 2 eggs

9 am 2 hotdogs and some cheese

noon rest of the cheese and 2 more hot dogs

5 pm Italian sausage

snack Regular sausage

Cals 1615- I tad over OOPS :(
Fat 159 g (61%)
Carbs 7 g ( 7%)
Protein 84 g (32%)

So 300 calls turned into just over 500, OOPS I'm sure it's OK, it's only one day. Guess I will just have to plan a little better *sigh*

Anywho, I had at least a half gallon of water today plus numerous cups, so I'm sure thats fine :)

Keto Stick reads: Moderate

Thats all for today...Not for the rest of the week I probably won't be posting since I will be gone on a mini vacation YAY I'm going to visit the girls in Lansing, going to Grand Haven to visit a sorority sister, then to the Holland area to visit my family and see our favorite Spiderman LOL I'll update ya Sunday night when I get back

Have a safe and happy Independence Day! :cool:

lmg8
07-02-2002, 03:49 PM
Allie-
congrats on staying in the Ketos level.... looks like you are doing really good today I am so happy for you.. just know that you have a support group here for you and that if you need to talk we'll listen... you and your friend will be in my prayers!!

Celestial
07-02-2002, 08:56 PM
Keep it up chica! Have fun on your trip and sprry to hear about your friend:(

Allie
07-07-2002, 06:49 PM
OK so Wednesday night I headed out to start my vacation, and what a weekend it has been.

Wednesday I drove 3 hours to Lansing after work and packing, I stayed at my sorority house and I ended up at the bar (for those who care I was at Crunchy's) till it closed. I saw my boss while I was there and played Going to the Moon and I Never with some frat boys, lets just say I won a few rounds and know way too much about some of my sisters now LOL

Thursday I drove over to Grand Haven and splashed around in Lake Michigan and layed out on the beach. This day was also a turning point for me. While I was driving I had my very first panic attack. Not really sure what triggered it, or if it really was a panic attack,but I plan on seeing a Dr and finding out a professional opinion.

Friday I went thrift shopping for the first time, had a lot of fun too! And I also spent part of Friday with Spidey, let me tell you about fun ;) LOL I sptayed at his place that night and headed across town to stay with my aunt and uncle Saturday. I splashed around in the pool all day and layed out tanning with my aunt (she also took the funniest pic of me, I'll post it when she gets me a copy)

Today on my way home I stopped at my grandma's and tried on my dress after she let out the bust. It fits now LOL She also made a back-up dress just incase, so I have a choice of two dresses to wear to the wedding now.

One a dide note, Thursday evening per request from my mom, I decided to go off my keto diet which will resume tomorrow morning. She just thought it might be extra stress on my body and after having a panic attack she thought I should try to relax as much as possible.

Thats all for my 4 day update

lmg8
07-07-2002, 08:04 PM
Glad your trip was fun, hang in there and know if you need to talk or vent you have a lot of people who care about you and will listen!!!

Allie
07-08-2002, 03:53 PM
OK so today I was super sluggish, I just feel like crap for some reason, maybe I need to start taking my ECA again *sigh*

Anywho today was rough for food, first I was starving then I wanted to throw up, my poor tummy is NEVER happy.

On a side note concerning my very first panic attck, my parents think that the CKD diet is too much stress for my body right now. I can tell them my exact sorce of stress but this is my journal and not a rant fest... Grrrrr (Also see thread on panic attacks)

As for the food, which didn't go so well today...

5 am omlette

9am hotdog and cheese

noon hotdog and cheese

snack pork skins and ham roll-up

5 pm hotdog and cheese

Cals 1330
Fat 102 g (52 %)
Carbs 10 g ( 5 %)
Protein 84 g (42 %)

Yeah yeah I know, I need more fat in there and I can probably still up my cals and be well under maintance. I'm trying here.

lmg8
07-09-2002, 05:51 PM
hun cheer up we are here for you and *\0/* for you !!!!!! stay with it you can do it !!!!!!

Allie
07-17-2002, 05:59 AM
OK a little update.....

Things are going OK, as usual the diet could be better, but you all know thats my weak point. I have been getting in some cardio. I have opted to walk, not only because it's been at least 85 here but it's started to get into the 100's for the heat index, and after being in that all day I come home do some stuff then take a walk later in the night. The hip is acting up again. It was good till the day after my drunkenness, I'm wondering if I creashed into something or fell, because it REALLY hurts. And I have managed to gain 5 pounds :( Grrrr

I'm still very much looking ahead to moving! :) My neighbor asked me if we could be work out partners... My only question was why is it always that I hang out with guys. He seems fun, and is really cool, I just hope he isn't a complete idiot, we will wait and see. But that won't happen till August.

My internship is all next week, so please pray that I don't kill someone and that my supervisor grades me will, he really hasn't given me much direction on my job duties and I feel like I really haven't done anything *sigh*