PDA

View Full Version : Playing basketball enough for cardio?

ShadyRensch
02-08-2006, 01:02 PM
I'm cutting, and lifting heavy, and before I realize I was overtraining, especially with my cardio. I play A LOT of basketball, in intramurals and lots of pickup games/ and just shooting by myself. When I play we usually play 5 on 5, full court, and its good competition, good players, so we're playing fast paced, I get more winded doing this than any cardio I do. If I play bball and break a good sweat, should I stop there? Or should I still go do some cardio after?

Mik
02-08-2006, 01:03 PM
I think you've got more than enough cardio with bball IMO.

ArchAngel777
02-08-2006, 01:04 PM
I'm cutting, and lifting heavy, and before I realize I was overtraining, especially with my cardio. I play A LOT of basketball, in intramurals and lots of pickup games/ and just shooting by myself. When I play we usually play 5 on 5, full court, and its good competition, good players, so we're playing fast paced, I get more winded doing this than any cardio I do. If I play bball and break a good sweat, should I stop there? Or should I still go do some cardio after?

Stop there...

ShadyRensch
02-08-2006, 01:11 PM
awesome, I would much rather play ball than run indoors, i do like running outside in the summer tho

as always, thanks for the help

the.powerhouse
05-19-2008, 07:57 AM
yea, a regular game of 5 on 5 where u are forced to play at a high pace will do way more for you than jogging. by yourself you'd have to be into self harm to be able to run at that pace.