PDA

View Full Version : Critique my Cut

Pjsb
02-09-2006, 07:51 PM
My typical day...

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=Pjsb&Year=2006&Month=1&Day=9

muscleup
02-09-2006, 09:27 PM
I think it looks pretty good. I would only question the olive oil usage. Did you cook something in it? Natty Peanut butter would be a good choice to get your fats up. If you are getting around 107g Fat and 215+g protein, you are doing good.

Pjsb
02-09-2006, 10:27 PM
The olive oil was in a turkey wrap.. i switch day to day between olive oil and natty for healthy fats. This is my first formal cut, and being its only been a few days.. this is brutal. I crave carbs like no tomorrow, especially by the end of the day. Anybody have any advice to make it easier?

Built
02-09-2006, 10:39 PM
Looks pretty good to me, too.

What does your lifting routine look like?

Built
02-09-2006, 10:40 PM
Okay, well, are you carb cycling, or does every day look the same?

muscleup
02-10-2006, 07:41 AM
You can eat carbs, just make sure to keep them in the most productive times of the day. Morning carbs are acceptable, as well as throwing them in around your workouts, before/after. Using them for what they are designed for, i.e. energy. Non-lifting days should probably be protein and fat only.
Although, if you are 13%bf right now, what is your goal %? Anything under 10% is just going to get harder.
215 at 13% BF doesn't really sound like you need to cut. Would have to see pics to tell though.

Pjsb
02-10-2006, 10:26 AM
muscleup: Actually my bf% has risen a little due to a busy period in my schedule (slacked off on lifting) so now its prolly around 15-16% at 218-219. I decided to cut because my strength is the best its been, AND I miss my abs and definition that I had before I started putting on serious mass. Also, genetic hypertension has made its presence known, and I would like to shed some fat to help that too. So I guess I'd like to see myself somewhere between 10-12%. I'm hoping I can accomplish this in under 2.5 months.

Built, master of diet: To tell you the truth, I can't say I know what carb cycling is. All my days look pretty much the same, however on lifting days I take in a few more carbs around lifting time. My lifting schedule is 3 days on, rest, 3 days on, rest, etc... Basically each bodypart once a week, heavy, (10, 8, 6 sets done to about failure, then a light drop set), 3 exercises for chest, 3 for back, 3 for shoulders, 4 for legs, 2 each for bi's and tri's. Also doing 10-12 min of cardio on workout days for my heart.

Built
02-10-2006, 12:10 PM
Okay - I'll make a suggestion here. My feeling is that working 3 on, one off may be a little too much on a cut.

If you were to move to a four day per week routine, you could try cycling high and low carb days - this works out to about your current daily mix, on average, but gives you more cals and carbs on lifting days, and less on rest/cardio only days, when you don't need 'em so much. Target starchy carbs to the meal before and or after you lift.

For example, you could try this (although it is not etched in stone - it's just a suggestion):

LBM = 185.3 lbs.

Average daily macros:
233g of protein,
114g of fat, and
186g of carbohydrate,
2,700 calories in total.

Lifting/HIIT days:
241g of protein,
102g of fat, and
237g of carbohydrate,
2,827 calories in total.

Rest/SS Cardio days: