PDA

View Full Version : Buy a George Forman grill...

Raildog
03-05-2001, 01:27 AM
I just read Anthony's thread on crock pots which are great, and I was thinking of getting a george forman grill.
Anyone have it, and like it, what's the story??

Raildog

Anthony
03-05-2001, 05:44 AM
I've heard good thing and bad things.

Some of the bad included; some foods don't cook properly, clean up isn't as great as they make out to be, you still have to monitor your cooking, etc.

It's a grill. I know some people love them (and there's an equal amount who returned them disappointed), but if I'm going to grill it's going to be on a real barbeque.

Crockpots on the other hand ... ;)

the doc
03-05-2001, 07:58 AM
Yes i have mixed feelings. Great for steaks, chickn, fish, etc...Makes a great cheese steak!!

Can be a ***** to clean like he said.

I like the crock pot better 'cause i can cook for 6 meals!~

gino
03-05-2001, 09:44 AM
I love it. It's one of the best investments I've ever made and I use it EVERY evening to prepare my meals for the next day. After using it for a while, you learn how to cook better with it. For instance, when cooking steak, you need to slice it several times on each side for it to cook thoroughly without burning the outside...the distance between slices should be about the thickness of the steak...in order to keep the steak in one piece after slicing it so many times, you need to make the slices on each side going in different directions - slice one side from top to bottom, flip it over and slice the other side from side to side. It's a science that I've mastered.

It also beats standing outside arse deep in snow to use my "real grill" in the winter months.

MissAbs
03-06-2001, 12:07 PM
I could not imagine living a life trying to eat healthy without a foreman grill......

I put it in my will to send mine with me incase God doesn't have one..... that is how much I like mine....

Budiak
03-06-2001, 12:50 PM
Its only 11:00am and I've already used my foreman grill!

Cleanup....eek! Does anybody have any secrets to cleaning this little thing?

Chris Rodgers
03-06-2001, 03:19 PM
I love mine! Use it all the time.

I find it is easier to clean if you start to clean it while it is still on. Just take a sponge or papertowel, wet it and squeeze the water on to the hot grill. All the greaes and stuff should run right off. Then just wipe it up real good.

MissAbs
03-06-2001, 03:44 PM
If you have a hose on your sink-

Take the grill hold it on the edge of the sink, spray it with very hot water first

Then scrub with sponge and soap

then rinse again with sink hose
Grab cord and top and give it a shake to get all the excess water out,

No sink hose?- not a clue...

mesmall
03-06-2001, 07:20 PM
BBQ is #1
George is #2

Raildog
03-07-2001, 03:22 AM
MissAbs wrote,

I could not imagine living a life trying to eat healthy without a foreman grill......

I put it in my will to send mine with me incase God doesn't have one..... that is how much I like mine....
HaHa, that just gave me a nice laugh at four in the morning. :D
I just ordered one of these today, yesterday, whatever day it is. Man, 2nd shift has got be all screwed up! :p

Raildog