PDA

View Full Version : An introduction

Vayu
02-11-2006, 12:58 AM
Hi,

First off I would like to thank everyone for posting things that have worked for them. I have been reading the boards for a little while and this is my first post.

Here is where I am at:

Sex: Male
Height: 6' 1"
Weight: 175 lbs
Bodyfat: 15%

Average eating day:

Total:
2143*
Fat:
87*
787*
39%

Carbs:
187*
607*
30%

**Fiber:
35*
0*
0%

Protein:
162*
649*
32%

Alcohol:
0*
0*
0%

I have been active like this:

Day 1: Chest/Tri (flat presses, incline presses, decline presses, peck deck)(skullcrushers, french presses, kickbacks, cable press down) Around 4 sets each with 8-12 reps.

Day 2: Back/Bi (Front pulldowns, Straight arm pull downs, Seated rows, Bent over dumbbell rows)(Barbell curls, hammer curls, preacher/or concentration curls) Around 4 sets each with 8 - 12 reps.

Day 3: Rest

Day 4: Shoulders/Legs (Front raises, Lateral raises, Military presses)(Squats, leg curls, leg extensions, calf raises) Around 4 sets each with 8-12 reps.

Day 5: Sometimes I split shoulders and legs and do legs on this day.

Day 6: Rest

Day 7: Scuba diving

I do calves and abs about twice a week. I warmup with light rotator cuff work like external and internal rotations. Sometimes I do pullups as an added warmup.

Cardio: After any of the above weight sessions sometimes I run intervals for 15 - 30 minutes. I also ride my bike to school and back everyday with intensity for approximately 20 minutes total. Sometimes I go swimming (but not on shoulder days).

Sometimes I change the listed exercises around.

I try to rest a day or two before and after diving to keep from crashing.

So far results have been good although if I don't force myself to eat I end up with around 1500 - 1700 calories. I have noticed some muscle development but I am primarily looking to cut down for my early summer dive trips.

Feel free to add your input on this schedule and the diet. I am always looking to improve. Thanks in advance.

-V

Vayu
02-11-2006, 10:30 PM
Everything look OK? :dj:

I am going to hit chest and triceps again tommorow.

Someone throw me a bone here. :idea:

Thanks,

-V

Built
02-11-2006, 10:36 PM
Sex: Male
Height: 6' 1"
Weight: 175 lbs
Bodyfat: 15%

Average Daily Calories:2143
Fat:87
Carbs:187
Protein:162

Day 1: Chest/Tri (flat presses, incline presses, decline presses, peck deck)(skullcrushers, french presses, kickbacks, cable press down) Around 4 sets each with 8-12 reps.

Day 2: Back/Bi (Front pulldowns, Straight arm pull downs, Seated rows, Bent over dumbbell rows)(Barbell curls, hammer curls, preacher/or concentration curls) Around 4 sets each with 8 - 12 reps.

Day 3: Rest

Day 4: Shoulders/Legs (Front raises, Lateral raises, Military presses)(Squats, leg curls, leg extensions, calf raises) Around 4 sets each with 8-12 reps.

Day 5: Sometimes I split shoulders and legs and do legs on this day.

Day 6: Rest

Day 7: Scuba diving

I do calves and abs about twice a week. I warmup with light rotator cuff work like external and internal rotations. Sometimes I do pullups as an added warmup.

Cardio: After any of the above weight sessions sometimes I run intervals for 15 - 30 minutes. I also ride my bike to school and back everyday with intensity for approximately 20 minutes total. Sometimes I go swimming (but not on shoulder days).

Sometimes I change the listed exercises around.

I try to rest a day or two before and after diving to keep from crashing.

So far results have been good although if I don't force myself to eat I end up with around 1500 - 1700 calories. I have noticed some muscle development but I am primarily looking to cut down for my early summer dive trips.

Feel free to add your input on this schedule and the diet. I am always looking to improve. Thanks in advance.

-V

Hi there

Your original post had a bit too much white space to be readable. I edited it a bit here for the sake of simplicity.

You are trying to bulk, right? I would suggest adding 500 cals to your daily average and see what that gives you. I would also like to commend you for doing squats, and urge you to do deads.

Vayu
02-11-2006, 11:22 PM
Thanks,

I'll add some deadlifts into the mix. I actually want to cut down on my bodyfat a bit.

-V

Built
02-12-2006, 12:32 PM
So you're cutting, or bulking?

eatit
02-12-2006, 01:20 PM
the only thing i might suggest is doing your legs before your shoulders so you're nice and fresh for the larger muscle group.

you could potentially drop your carbs a bit too if you were looking to cut a bit quicker.

d'Anconia
02-12-2006, 01:29 PM
Damn you're a scuba diver too? I love scuba diving but I've been low on money lately so I haven't been able to indulge myself that much.

Vayu
02-12-2006, 04:21 PM
Built,

In theory, I am cutting right now. In practice, I just keep gaining weight. I'm sure it'll level out soon enough. I don't think I can cut my calories below 2100 or so without causing my body to crash and burn. The added cardio is helping create a small but workable deficit. I won't do cardio at all if I lift with intensity, however I get mandatory work just riding my bike to school.

Eatit,

You are right. I need to hit the legs before my shoulders. I am still getting used to doing legs routinely. I have a 1.5 yr old minor rotator cuff injury and therefore my shoulders are the biggest muscle group in my head! To that end I have cut out dips, bar bench presses, upright rows, widegrip pullups, and anything else that puts me working against myself.

Fatrb38,

I dive pretty frequently... I'm in central Florida. I always feel ripped after a good day diving... I don't know if its from dehydration or from being squished by the increased pressure load. Its more of a workout for me than the weights are... lugging around tanks and a steel backplate really hits the sweetspot.

Thanks again for all your replies.

-V