PDA

View Full Version : tats

Skinny_DiezeL
02-12-2006, 02:34 AM
for those of you who have em, post them here and share stories.. still working up the nerve to get my first one, finally decided what i want lol..

Clifford Gillmore
02-12-2006, 08:34 AM
I'm getting the southern cross with either a 'made in Australia' banner or a 'born and Bred', A full Orboros on my left delt (Only when absurdly capped).

I'm too concerned about skin stretching and all that to get one right now, maybe at 230-240lbs I start to think about it more.

Skinny_DiezeL
02-12-2006, 03:18 PM
actually, i've heard the stretching doesnt affect them that much..i want twin dragons intertwined at the tails, with "vale tudo" written down the wings in graffiti, either on my forearm or my back.

Graffikfx
02-13-2006, 06:55 PM
Dedicated to my #1 love, music.

It is lettering MUSIC in old english with eagle silhouette behind, and underneath says "continuing the hope"

a long long story about it. . but lets just say that music has inspired me and changed the ways I have thought and it gave me something to relate to.

Fenrir
02-16-2006, 03:09 AM
im not quite ready for one yet but I have a few ideas planned...can't stand the full body tattoos though!

djreef
02-16-2006, 09:16 AM
Where's Eric? This sounds like his kind of thread.

DJ

ericg
02-16-2006, 10:53 AM
LOL at DJ...

Here we are...

It took almost 8 hours for this to be done.*see attached pic* Look at it carefully and you will notice my initials, ESG, are in the flames. I wanted them to be subtle. Can you see them?

Tha maze itself is a native american symbol (big part of my heritage) called "Life's Choices" or "The Man in the Maze". Its meaning: "It is significant of life's cycles and eternal motion and also of the choices we are always confronted with. Correct choices lead us to harmony with all things, no matter how long & hard the road can get." Originally created as an illustration of an emergence story by the Tohono o'odham or Papago Indians of the Central Valley in Arizona. The little man is named "U'ki'ut'l" in their language.

This one is a cherokee (native american) 7 pointed star. It was originally created with antlers, i had the artist draw it up for me...
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11159&d=1082035629

djreef
02-16-2006, 10:59 AM
The injun ink rocks. It's always my contention that body art should have purpose/meaning. What's the point otherwise?

DJ

ericg
02-16-2006, 10:59 AM
Thanks man. I have more planned so stay tuned.

Sidior
02-16-2006, 12:14 PM
Unbeliveable ink man, really awesome. Also I don't believe ink needs a meaning, some people treat it like artwork, and art does not always need a reason.

Although having a meaning is ace:D

offhegoes03
02-16-2006, 11:22 PM
here are 2 pics of my tattoo that I got earlier this summer. The first one is one that I posted in my journal. The other one is a close up that I took right after I got it and before I started lifting a lot.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/majnalyd/detail?.dir=92a9&.dnm=1070re2.jpg

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/majnalyd/detail?.dir=92a9&.dnm=fd96re2.jpg

I don't feel that all tattoos should have meaning behind them, but mine kinda does. It's the eye of horus and it stands for mathematics and reason. I'm majoring in physics in college, so it kinda ties into that.

Goodbarsix
02-17-2006, 09:03 AM
http://members.cox.net/tloewens1/Body/sideflex0216.JPG

Took me two years to finally decide i wanted this tat. I ended up going in after work late one night and was the tattoo places last customer. It took them a little under a hour and a half to complete. The thing Im most proud of was that they were all concerned it was going to take a long time because this was my first tat, and usually first tat people twitch and turn alot. I didnt move one bit. Everyone was suprised how well it went.

I just wish they werent so darn expensive!

Skinny_DiezeL
02-17-2006, 09:19 AM
I just wish they werent so darn expensive!

good tattoos arent cheap and cheap tattoos arent good, i'll be lucky if i can get my custom for under 200...but if its safe, and comes out proffesional, was worth every penny..

ElPietro
02-17-2006, 09:21 AM
The injun ink rocks. It's always my contention that body art should have purpose/meaning. What's the point otherwise?

DJ

I completely disagree. Everyone says it should have meaning but to me it's just a BS excuse to have something you like the look of on your body.

So instead of giving the same BS excuse that everyone always has, why not just say you want a tat, and you like the look of what you got, and the meaning is secondary.

My social insurance number is very important to me, so is my banking pin number, I don't tatoo these on me.

If someone had some abstract design and just said they liked how it looked on their body, at least it would be an honest reply and to me a good reason to get body art, since that's what it is, art.

Oh, and not ragging on you, just voicing my opinion since someone always makes that point.

ericg
02-17-2006, 10:04 AM
Nice work guys.

Goodbarsix - you have a closeup shot?

Davidelmo
03-07-2006, 12:02 PM
damn, "tats" is kinda a slang word for tits (i.e. a womans breasts) where I'm from.

I came to this thread with high hopes.

FOGLE1
03-07-2006, 12:12 PM
Ive got three, #4 is coming soon, Ill post pics when I get the newest one

SilverYello
03-08-2006, 10:52 AM
damn, "tats" is kinda a slang word for tits (i.e. a womans breasts) where I'm from.

I came to this thread with high hopes.

Same reason I clicked. :D But it was interesting to see them all. I'm thinking about a rather small (1inx2in) on my back. We will see.

Pasha
03-08-2006, 05:32 PM
Tattoos are a serious commitment in my opinion. You guys experience any difficulties in like jobs and stuff?

Like Blaindsmith did you experience any difficulties at like work or anything of the sort? Thats the type of thing I'm scared of.