PDA

View Full Version : The anti-cheat day?

ShockBoxer
02-12-2006, 08:11 AM
Anyone ever had a day where they just don't feel like eating, period?

Yesterday I had a bowl of two packets of quaker instant oatmeal (270 cal) and later on had a Harvey's original bacon and cheeseburger and fries (700-1000). When I got home I was going to make myself something to fill out the last 600 calories to get to my 'off day' cut target of 1800... but I just didn't feel like it.

It's just a day, I know, but I'm not hungry again today. I plan on ignoring that fact and choking down my cals. How detrimental are days like this (I have a maintenance of somewhere around 2300-2400) in the long run?

Shao-LiN
02-12-2006, 09:31 AM
Eat more the next day if you want. Just get over it if you aren't doing this all the time.

eatit
02-12-2006, 11:36 AM
it's 600 calories detrimental.

Teh BDK
02-12-2006, 01:43 PM
What, are you a week away from a contest? Its one buger and some fried potatoes. And you're only eating 1800 cals a day target anyways.

ShockBoxer
02-12-2006, 01:53 PM
That was all I ate. That was the problem. I'm never worried about going over my daily calories... oh no, I get stronger: how horrible... but I've always had problems getting enough.

Well, unless a single shortage of six hundred calories magically makes me gain 20 pounds of grade A fat the next time I eat I can't see any harm. I was just seeing if someone else could see some harm to it.

Shao-LiN
02-12-2006, 02:48 PM
Big picture vs. small picture. Are you doing this consistently throughout the week, or is it just once every so often?

ShockBoxer
02-12-2006, 04:43 PM
Once a week at most, usually on a Saturday when dinner plans with my friends or a date gets cancelled. I 'save' my calories for that potentially 2k meal so if it doesn't happen I grab a burger if I'm already out.

Really shouldn't make a difference but my metabolism is already slow enough without giving it an excuse to slow further.

Holto
02-12-2006, 06:42 PM
Really shouldn't make a difference but my metabolism is already slow enough without giving it an excuse to slow further.

This is the key point here to be concerned about.

Considering you're allready on low cals you want to keep a consistent schedule.

Sisay
02-12-2006, 07:33 PM
I'd recommend a protein shake. Just have one as a snack or at lunch. Mine is 330 calories. Have one for lunch, one as a snack and one at dinner, you're 1000 calories up, roughly. And then you add your real food. Getting 2300 calories should be easy. If you don't want a protein shake, grab a sandwich. Any type, deli, hamburger, tuna, whatever. Most sandwiches are 300-600 calories, depending, but most of mine are around 400.

Also, eating less is detrimental to muscle growth.

At rest:
1 pound of body fat burns 9 calories per hour.
1 pound of muscle burns 45 calories per hour.

If you stop feeding your body, it'll digest your muscles for energy. Muscle has five times the energy of fat, which the body recognizes and uses. If you stop feeding your body, your body conserves fat because it won't know when it'll get any more. So yes, EAT.

Edit:
I think it was a pound anyways, the time I talked with the nutritionist was 7 or 8 months ago.

Manveet
02-14-2006, 06:44 PM
At rest:
1 pound of body fat burns 9 calories per hour.
1 pound of muscle burns 45 calories per hour.

Where did you get those numbers from?

lifter4life
02-14-2006, 07:13 PM
If you stop feeding your body, it'll digest your muscles for energy. Muscle has five times the energy of fat, which the body recognizes and uses. If you stop feeding your body, your body conserves fat because it won't know when it'll get any more. So yes, EAT.

You're muscles don't provide more energy when catabolized, it just recognizes that since you aren't getting enough energy to them and since they use more energy than fat it would be better if you didn't have as much. So it breaks it down instead of fat. One pound of body fat equals 3500 calories when burned.

Edit: fixed spelling =p