PDA

View Full Version : Funny story about Natty PB...

ShadyRensch
02-13-2006, 04:55 PM
Well, mostly funny, but I almost died so that's not so cool. On friday night I was eating a 2 tblsp. Natty PB sandwich, and it was the brand Real, the chunky version. I was about half way done, took a big bite, and swallowed. Hmmm...not really going down too well, and I started to choke. I took a drink of water, nope that made it worse. Luckily a couple friends were in the room, and my pal did the Heimlich maneuver. Luckily it helped loosen it up, and I lived, but man my arms and legs were shaking so bad afterwards, craziest thing I've experienced. I can laugh about it now, so go ahead. This diet is going to kill me.....

kad
02-13-2006, 04:59 PM
Man, that sucks, glad you're ok. Gotta keep the water handy, because that stuff is thick! Mmm, natty pb...

ShadyRensch
02-13-2006, 05:07 PM
^ oh yea, ish is good, but apparently dangerous....be carefull ya'll
haha

DarrenEff
02-13-2006, 05:12 PM
Thats another reason why I melt my pb in the microwave and dip apples into it. You can't get liquid caught in your throat :)

PeterGriffin
02-14-2006, 11:22 AM
Thats another reason why I melt my pb in the microwave and dip apples into it. You can't get liquid caught in your throat :)

No.. but it can burn you. :(

DarrenEff
02-14-2006, 01:58 PM
haha thats also why you don't put it on for any longer then 20-25 seconds, and let it sit for a minute or 2 when its done

carey2284
02-14-2006, 02:10 PM
few questions about natty PB...the kind im using says it has 16 g of fat per 2 tablespoons...this doesn't seem right at all, i feel like i bought the wrong kind but it says 100% natural peanut butter, unsalted

also, do you guys refridgerate it or keep it in the pantry?

kad
02-14-2006, 02:57 PM
16g fat per 2tbsp is correct. You didn't get the wrong kind.

It says on the lid to open, stir, and refridgerate. At least on mine it does.

carey2284
02-14-2006, 02:59 PM
isn't that a good amount of fat? would this still be good to eat if cutting? also, in my pantry i have simply jif...which tastes better and has the same exact statistics...is this fine to eat?

Tofer
02-14-2006, 03:09 PM
I developed a fear of Natty peanut butter a few months ago. I had a few pieces of toast with lots of natty pb on before bed one night, and during the night I developed a really bad stomach bug (which wasn't related to the peanut butter since two people in my family had caught it two days before). I woke up at 4:30 in the morning and puked up all the peanut butter I had eaten. I woke up again in an hour and puked up a little more peanut butter. That was only the beginning of a 24 hour long non-stop puke-fest.

Ever since then I haven't been able to eat peanut butter because it reminds me of when I had that stomach bug (which was the worst day of my life), and I feel like I'm going to vomit again.

pruneman
02-14-2006, 03:58 PM
I developed a fear of Natty peanut butter a few months ago. I had a few pieces of toast with lots of natty pb on before bed one night, and during the night I developed a really bad stomach bug (which wasn't related to the peanut butter since two people in my family had caught it two days before). I woke up at 4:30 in the morning and puked up all the peanut butter I had eaten. I woke up again in an hour and puked up a little more peanut butter. That was only the beginning of a 24 hour long non-stop puke-fest.

Ever since then I haven't been able to eat peanut butter because it reminds me of when I had that stomach bug (which was the worst day of my life), and I feel like I'm going to vomit again.

I think it's called learned taste aversion. I had the same thing happen to me with balsamic vinegar. I had a salad with balsamic in it and that night I got really sick. I'm just now, after 3 years, able to tolerate it again...which is good because I LOVE balsamic vinegrette.

...I know that this post is entirely irrelevant:p

djreef
02-16-2006, 10:20 AM
That happened to me when I got sick on bad buffet eggs. I couldn't look at an egg for 6 months after that. Wasn't fun, as I was pretty much living on egg sandwiches at the time.

DJ

PoutineEh
02-16-2006, 03:40 PM

same thing, but with orange juice for me. still cant drink it. the slight acidity of oj remind me of the same burn i got in my throat after puking.