PDA

View Full Version : removing dry blood under toe nail :/

waynis
02-14-2006, 12:07 PM
hey is there any way to remove dry blood under a toe nail? I had my big toe crushed a month ago. Some big person stepped on it in a crowd. Any way of removing this or do I just have to wait till the toe nail grows and eventually it will clear up? My toe nails grow at a much slower rate then my finger nails and it could take forever. It's just ugly. ideas?

Genacide
02-14-2006, 12:18 PM
Wait until some of the dried blood area is out from under the toe nail and see how hard it is to remove. Usually when I do this sort of thing the nail seperates from the toe and their is a small gap between the blood(and toe) and the nail. At this point use a sharp tweezers and remove the dried blood if possible.

-TIM-
02-14-2006, 12:19 PM
Don't wear sandals.

I think you'll have to wait for it to grow out. Can't really see any other choice.

MrWebb78
02-14-2006, 12:43 PM
1) prepare a bowl of soapy water

2) remove the toenail

3) wash, scrub, and rinse in bowl of soapy water

4) put toenail back on

waynis
02-14-2006, 12:53 PM
Wait until some of the dried blood area is out from under the toe nail and see how hard it is to remove. Usually when I do this sort of thing the nail seperates from the toe and their is a small gap between the blood(and toe) and the nail. At this point use a sharp tweezers and remove the dried blood if possible.

yeah thats pretty much what I was going to try and just wait I guess.

wasn't wearing sandals tim.

Teh BDK
02-14-2006, 09:48 PM
Last time I smashed a finger I just waited and the nail fell off, and it was easy as hell to get the blood out. Of course it fell off after like two days, not a month.

Incidentally, I smashed it between two 85lb dumb bells.

So my advice is that you're screwed and that you'll have to wait it out.

biggimp
02-15-2006, 01:14 AM
i have never had a finger or toe nail fall off. it seems like it would hurt, a LOT?

Genacide
02-15-2006, 06:23 AM
You wanna know what pain is.

I was using a screw gun with a square bit and it slipped off the screw and hit my in the middle of my finger nail. This put a square hole in the middle of my finger nail and pushed a square piece of nail half way into my finger. Ouch.

This happen 3 years ago and the piece of nail is still in there and just recently is getting to the surface of the tip of my finger. This causes pain and bruising.

Nail falling off "poof"

BigCorey75
02-15-2006, 10:23 AM
normally with an injury like that, a toe nail wil begin to grow under it to replce the nail, you just have to wit it out, that happened to me a few years bak, it sucked, i had to punch a hole in the top of my toe to drain the blood but it took about 2-3 months for it to completly heal

PoutineEh
02-15-2006, 01:35 PM
yea, i had something fall on my toe during the summer. pretty much the whole toe nail turned black and after a few months started turning yellow. i went to the universitys doctors office and he told me to just wait it out and the nail will fall off on its own. took a good 4-5 months for enough toe nail to grow under it for it to come off. my nail still isnt completly grown back, still have probably another 3 months left.
anyway, i would suggest just leaving it and then when enough toe nail has grown under it, then you can start playing around with it until its pretty easy/painless to take the nasty nail off.

BigRic
02-15-2006, 03:20 PM
How overweight does someone have to be to brusie your toe like that from stepping on it while you're wearing shoes?

clawhammer_33
02-15-2006, 05:07 PM
Just cut it off. Problem solved.