PDA

View Full Version : vegetables / juicers

dtshen
02-15-2006, 01:44 AM
are vegetables necessary to be healthy? heartwise and everything?

whats the benefits? cant u get all the minerals from vitamins?

does anyone juice vegetables? like carrots/ celery etc

getfit
02-15-2006, 02:48 AM
read here

http://aolsvc.health.webmd.aol.com/content/Article/105/107760.htm

TheGimp
02-16-2006, 04:12 AM
Vitamin supplements are just that - a supplement. Poor absorption rates also.

Holto
02-16-2006, 10:06 AM
I hate veggies but love salad. The dressing is key and for most bodybuilders we need the extra cals anyway.

Then you have the stuff that everybody likes such as carrots and potatoes. I make french fries in the oven with cocconut oil (a staple when cutting).

So bake a potatoe.
Eat a bag of carrots.
Make a salad.

Spawn_XX
02-16-2006, 07:34 PM
you can't overeat on the good stuff.

all raw food diet (veggies, fresh juices, fruits) is the best diet for your brain/body. i try to consume as much fruit/veggies as i can, and never have a processed meal without any.

Buzzsaw
02-16-2006, 09:33 PM
you can't overeat on the good stuff.

all raw food diet (veggies, fresh juices, fruits) is the best diet for your brain/body. i try to consume as much fruit/veggies as i can, and never have a processed meal without any.

Agreed. Stuff like spinach, broccoli and tomotos are some of the most nutritious foods on earth.

And I've got a juicer - only used it about a dozen times. It's a b!tch to clean up after every use.

Spawn_XX
02-16-2006, 10:27 PM
And I've got a juicer - only used it about a dozen times. It's a b!tch to clean up after every use.

depends which ones - the good ones are the centrifugial (sp?) ones that hold the "paste" and squeeze it out by spinning. they're the most efficient ones. the ones that collect the "paste" in a seperate container usually suck - i've gone through about 4 juicers to find what i like.

clean up isn't fun regardless, but the nutrients you can squeeze into a full glass...