PDA

View Full Version : Rant: Recomposing

ShockBoxer
02-15-2006, 07:40 AM
I think I may be recomposing again: it's hard to tell but I think I've got some hints of seperation going on near my deltoids, and that's new in the mirror. God that's annoying. Last time I recomposed for the first eight weeks of my cut and I was hoping that this time would be different.

It's annoying because by the guidelines posted here my maintenance is 1900 cals. It is also 2400 calories. It is also 3000 calories. My weight just doesn't change, up or down, for several weeks after I've shifted to a new calorie target.

Oh well. My dead is up. My BO rows are up. My squat is up. I'll just hold at the 2k until I get sick of dieting and see what happens?

Sigh. Why can't my body ever do what it's supposed to? :swear:

/rant

Junin
02-15-2006, 08:06 AM
Are you gaining strength but not muscle mass?

It is possible to gain strength without gaining additional muscle mass. CNS coordination and all that jazz.

Cutting can be a real pain. I stall out all the time even while being perfectly strict. I feel your pain.

ddegroff
02-15-2006, 10:48 AM
Yeah we all plateau, even while cutting. I would say throw a curveball @ your body, try new meals, meal timming adjustments, etc. I feel your pain.

HILL
02-15-2006, 12:09 PM
shockboxer i had the exact same feeling into my cut this time. Just stick with im down about 22 pound upto now just keep it up you will get their

Shao-LiN
02-15-2006, 07:55 PM
Take a break, eat at maintenance, then start again.

Jorge Sanchez
02-15-2006, 08:15 PM
I really hate gaining strength and muscle while losing fat at the same time. I wish I could just get strong and fat or skinny and weak.

ShockBoxer
02-15-2006, 08:18 PM
... I just FINISHED doing that. I'm only 3 weeks into a cut after being at or above maintenance for two months to recover.

I'm just going to tough it out for another three weeks as planned. If nothing happens, caliper or mirror wise, in that time then I'll look for something a little more extreme.

I'm as lean as anyone in my family has been. Ever. I'm not expecting it to be easy to get below 18% because nobody in my family, even my father in his early 20s in the military, ever has... but I expect it to be possible.

ShockBoxer
02-15-2006, 08:20 PM
I really hate gaining strength and muscle while losing fat at the same time. I wish I could just get strong and fat or skinny and weak.

It's hard to gauge what's going on and what needs adjustment. If I knew for 100% certain I was recomposing, against all odds, I wouldn't be bitching. Since I don't know for certain, besides maybe a few more lines appearing in the mirror - maybe, I can't be sure if I am or if I'm grossly underestimating the calories of things I'm eating.

Shao-LiN
02-15-2006, 08:41 PM
Measure bodyfat%...there yah go.