PDA

View Full Version : CrossFit

IrishLifter55
02-15-2006, 08:10 AM
I've heard a few mentions of CrossFit training on the board and was wondering what it was and where I could get some info on it.

puny_ectomorph
02-15-2006, 08:17 AM
Crossfit is, well...hell, I can't quite describe it myself. Some interesting training theories, although I don't prescribe to them. I view it as more of a general fitness thing; it's very similar to military basic training methods, with weight training thrown in.

That's just my opinion, several board members here swear by it.

www.crossfit.com

-puny-

Anthony
02-15-2006, 08:58 AM
Crossfit is basically a GPP (general physical preparedness) program.

There are some documents on their site that will explain it in more detail, but if you have specific questions I can try to answer.

lilmase1153
02-15-2006, 11:00 AM
Well if crossfit can make me look like Anthony than I'm all for it...

But in all seriousness xfit is hardcore and will get you in awesome awesome shape.. I just wish I wasnt such a poon and tried some already..

ericg
02-15-2006, 11:13 AM
Crossfit is, well...hell, I can't quite describe it myself. Some interesting training theories, although I don't prescribe to them. I view it as more of a general fitness thing; it's very similar to military basic training methods, with weight training thrown in.

That's just my opinion, several board members here swear by it.

www.crossfit.com

-puny-

In regards to overall fitness i would say that holds true, this does depend on your goals though.

After doing CF for a while I will say that it, or some form of GPP, will be in my training from now on. I like Anthony's current split, but I am not nearly as dedicated as him, nor do i have that much free time to follow it :)