PDA

View Full Version : Ive got a cyst (sp?) on my forehead...

SabresRock299
02-15-2006, 04:18 PM
Ive heard this can be due to excess calcium/vitamin D. Is this true? Ive been drinking waaaaaay to much milk or so for the past 6 months. If I cut down on milk will it go away? Thanks.

getfit
02-15-2006, 04:22 PM
not sure, but i've never heard of milk causing cysts

where did you here this?

Jorge Sanchez
02-15-2006, 05:02 PM
Is it cystic acne or a full-blown cyst? If it's acne it will go away in time. If it's a real cyst you will have to have it surgically removed. I've had a cyst on my shoulder for years now.

I've never heard of calcium causing cysts though.

Buzzsaw
02-15-2006, 08:23 PM
Go to the doctor bro - otherwise it's going to look like you're growing a 3rd eye.

D Breyer
02-15-2006, 08:44 PM
my dad had a terrible cyst on his eye... in denial he said it would go away for about 3 months.

went in to the doctor, they injected it with something that killed the growth, and gave him some pills to take for a week, and it went away in 2-3 days.

Patz
02-15-2006, 10:16 PM
I get folliculitis really easy, virtually anywhere on my body. Occasionally, one will spawn on my face and just stay there for months, very small and colorless. They feel like a cyst. Luckily, I keep a beard..lol

ncsuLuke
02-15-2006, 10:46 PM
i had one on my forehead one time and i just thought it was a zit and popped it. yeah it wasnt the easiest thing to do and when i finally popped it it was like a little pebble came out (whatever the cyst is)

talk about weird

SabresRock299
02-16-2006, 06:35 AM
I took a human biology course over the summer and we learned about the negative side effects of too little/too much of many different vitamins and minerals.

-TIM-
02-16-2006, 08:16 AM
If it's a real cyst you will have to have it surgically removed.:nod: Let the doctor cut it out. Have fun.

skaterdude
02-16-2006, 10:51 AM
sounds gross. go to the doc.

Miss Rezza
02-16-2006, 06:22 PM
I have a very small (what they think is a) cyst on my forehead, that just one day appeared seemingly out of nowhere. I've had it for about 2-3yrs now and I thought i'd get a second opinion from my doc just this week to see if i could get it cut out.

Apparently they can be caused by moles (if there used to be one at that particular spot) or even insect bites. But it's hard for them to pin point exactly.

My doc, whilst leaving the final decision up to me, advised me against cutting it out/razoring it off due to the scar it would leave. Considering the cyst is flesh coloured anyway a scar would probably be more noticeable.

Get it checked anyway just to be certain, but you'll most likely just be advised to keep your eye on it for any changes- itchiness, change of colour, change in size.

Keep us posted :)

f=ma
02-16-2006, 06:33 PM
i'm having surgery to remove a cyst tommorow.. i'm getting a general anesthesia because i'm a pansy. ill post back on how it goes.. hopefully ill be in and out

Jorge Sanchez
02-16-2006, 06:48 PM
It's a pretty simple procedure from what I understand. I've been considering getting the one on my shoulder removed, I'm just sort of concerned about it interfering with my lifting while I heal. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have to stop for more than a week or two, but I'm reall just a pansy when it comes to surgery too.

f=ma
02-17-2006, 06:41 AM
i had a local for the limpoma removal a few weeks ago and i fainted while he was still cutting which is why i'm getting a general this time

i blame the doctor.. the local he used started to wear off and that **** started to hurt.. then the nurse had the balls to make fun of me afterwards for fainting. i wanted to chew her out so badly. i'm incredibly hungry right now.. i have to be there at 11:30 and i cant eat until after this is done.

DumbDude
02-17-2006, 09:27 AM
I have heard about calcium causing little white bumps at the base of the hairs on ur nuts.(dont ask how).. but never on the head. Call the Doc.

f=ma
02-17-2006, 07:20 PM
cyst removed today.. ear hurts a lot

Titanium_Jim
02-21-2006, 09:05 AM
Ive heard this can be due to excess calcium/vitamin D. Is this true? Ive been drinking waaaaaay to much milk or so for the past 6 months. If I cut down on milk will it go away? Thanks.
If you have taken in too much calcium/vit D, be glad you got a bump on your forehead and you're not passing stones. There are a few different kinds of cysts. Depending on what it is made of, a doctor will be able to reccomend what should be done about it.