PDA

View Full Version : Getting too big?

Jinkies
02-15-2006, 07:13 PM
Hey this is my second time posting pictures and now im pushing around 225, im slowly gaining weight. Im not satisfied at all, i cant get rid of lovehandles and all my other problems. Either way ill continue pushing on but I just wonder if ill ever get that confidence i need.

Jinkies
02-15-2006, 07:15 PM
Its not letting me post my pictures, it says im trying to upload to much but wont let me clear the other things

Gutz981
02-15-2006, 07:19 PM
I'm not sure about your problem but 225 is pretty large. How tall are you?

Jinkies
02-15-2006, 07:41 PM
5 9. This is making me mad id like to show yall and get yalls opinion, i think ima stop taking celltech after I finish my next tub. Can anyone reccomend any creatine i can take? i took the loading phase everyday 20 grams of creatine so id need that plus i dunno how to mix the dextrose

deeder
02-15-2006, 07:47 PM
Resize your pics... make them smaller... they are too big, that's all... or upload them to www.photobucket.com

liv2lift
02-15-2006, 08:56 PM
Cell tech has a !@#$ton of sugar in it for loading purposes so If i was worried about excess bf and bloating in the stomach area i definatly wouldnt take it. Try a glycogen loading creatine such as "Vitargo", its sugar free and did not cause me much if any bloating. or just strat up creatine monohydrate.

Shao-LiN
02-15-2006, 09:28 PM
Or you can just not load...it's not necessary.

Fenrir
02-16-2006, 02:54 AM
Or you can just not load...it's not necessary.

Agreed

Jinkies
02-16-2006, 07:06 AM
Yall guys crack me up,i said i take the loading phase everyday meaning because im over 220 i need 2 servings of celltech a day which is the loading phase for normal, ive been doing that for 3 months now.

djreef
02-16-2006, 09:14 AM
Uh, no you don't. You're loading up on sugar. Once you get into maintenance even at 220, 3-5 grams of creatine should be all your system should need. Don't beleive the claims printed on the container - they are only there to make you use more, so you'll buy more.

DJ

Sidior
02-16-2006, 12:12 PM
:withstupi

StoryOfTheYear
02-16-2006, 01:43 PM
Man, I want to be TOO big!! lol :soapbox:

Jinkies
02-16-2006, 05:37 PM
Got the pics to work, just a months progress so nothing special. Also im pretty sure someone 220 needs more then 5 grams of creatine daily. Reason of saying too big is i also gotta keep in mind of football which is my main thing now, if i get too big im going to be stuck at lineman. I gotta work on speed and i wanna make sure im bulking right instead of putting on bodyfat

JSully
02-16-2006, 05:39 PM
actually, you don't NEED creatine at all.

Jinkies
02-16-2006, 05:41 PM
thats true, creatine isnt neccesary and comes behind eating sleeping and exercising. im just saying if i choose to use it am i doing it right, also i dont have the "advantages" of testosterone some of yall do so i take what i can

Optimum08
02-16-2006, 06:01 PM
im 230 and you only need 5g. of creatine if you are taking it...the rest is overkill...and with cell-tech you are just injesting a sh*t-ton of sugar that (in that second dosage) is not needed...

HahnB
02-16-2006, 06:07 PM
thats true, creatine isnt neccesary and comes behind eating sleeping and exercising. im just saying if i choose to use it am i doing it right, also i dont have the "advantages" of testosterone some of yall do so i take what i can

Creatine isn't going to really make much of a difference. What position do you want to play?

Jinkies
02-16-2006, 06:14 PM
Im shooting for fullback tryin to get me speed down to 4.5ish but its tough so ive been doing alot of leg lifting and bleachers just whatever i can think of to help. Back on the creatine note im not sure if it makes a big difference but in the past 3 months ive gone up 40+ pounds on bench and squat and ive read articles and used a calulators which tell me my maintenance but in any case its prob wrong and im just using more then my body can handle. In any case i dont think the extra sugar is hurting so unless i know 100 percent its not helping me then ill stop, ive got a pl competition this saturday and im shooting for high numbers so until then ill keep double dosaging and after that ill rethink it

russ
02-16-2006, 07:18 PM
You got some good muscle mass there man, a cut would make you look jacked.

WBBIRL
02-16-2006, 07:45 PM
Your deffenitaly not too big, just today there were atleast two guys who wondered into my gym while I was lifting that look bigger then you. Too big is like ronnie coleman big... which my friend you are far from.

Not cutting you down man, you do look bigger then the last picks... but getting too big was a bad title choice. If you feel you need to take the creatine... try to get just strait creatine monohydrate so you dont get an ASS load of sugars.

And a little tip from one football player to another... sprinting downhill is a good way to get your short distance speed up.

Jinkies
02-16-2006, 08:04 PM
Your right about the title it should re renamed "gaining to much bodyfat" it just hard in highschool goin on heavy bulks so i wanted to make sure i keep it undercontrol

StoryOfTheYear
02-16-2006, 08:31 PM
Got the pics to work, just a months progress so nothing special. Also im pretty sure someone 220 needs more then 5 grams of creatine daily. Reason of saying too big is i also gotta keep in mind of football which is my main thing now, if i get too big im going to be stuck at lineman. I gotta work on speed and i wanna make sure im bulking right instead of putting on bodyfat

Youre lookin real good. Nice wide back! Putting on fat is so annoying when bulking isnt it?! Im taking some time to diet for a little while (even though im not anywhere close where i want to be) to get my BF real low. Great job so far and keep it up! :) -StOrY-

MJS
02-17-2006, 11:52 AM
You definitely aren't too big.. keep lifting!

liv2lift
02-17-2006, 01:04 PM
No such thing as too big! nice shoulders by the way

brickt.
02-17-2006, 03:41 PM
You're pretty damn thick.

From what I can see, you're not TOO fat, so you can prolly do two things.

Cut and look like a monster.
Bulk and get bigger and look like a monster.

Hatred
02-17-2006, 08:39 PM
I opt for #2.

brickt.
02-17-2006, 09:57 PM
Agreed.

The calorie is my anti-drug.

Fenrir
02-18-2006, 02:45 AM
Yeah a nice thick back, big front shoulders...does running down hill really improve your short distance sprint?

Meat_Head
02-18-2006, 03:35 PM
Keep bulking, focus harder on lats, more specifically pullups, and chest(from what I can tell). It looks like your program to this point has consisted of alot of posterior chain stuff(squats, deadlifts, cleans, rows) which is good, don't change that. You could put on maybe 8-10lbs of lean mass in another couple months of training and bulking, then cut down to 205-215lbs. Its up to you though!

Xand
02-18-2006, 05:55 PM
I'd say keep bulking especially if you want to play college ball. Just keep up your other training. (Sprints, Olympic Lifting, Plyo) If you do some cardio a few times a week plus football you should stay fairly lean. When you get to my size 5'11" 300lbs then we'll talk about too big.

puny_ectomorph
02-19-2006, 01:50 PM
To be pefectly honest, how you look/what you have right now is almost precisely what I'm going for, while I'm bulking. You have one hell of a back. :thumbup:

-puny-

Bohizzle
02-19-2006, 06:05 PM
I'd say keep bulking especially if you want to play college ball. Just keep up your other training. (Sprints, Olympic Lifting, Plyo) If you do some cardio a few times a week plus football you should stay fairly lean. When you get to my size 5'11" 300lbs then we'll talk about too big.
Holy **** ur ginormous. got any pics?

Andrew

Stumprrp
03-19-2006, 06:47 PM
nah bro, keep building dude until you cant take looking in the mirror, and go on a nice cut and be massive.

whats the routine lookin like?

Jinkies
03-19-2006, 08:17 PM
Monday-bench squat clean (secondary leg exercises)
Tuesday-back and biceps
Wednesday-bench squat clean (secondary chest exercises)
Thursday-bodyweight work
Friday-bench squat clean (heavy weight lower sets then rest on weekend)
I know its asking for overtraining but thats what i have to do because im in the football period at my school, i do more then that but thats it for lifting

Stumprrp
03-19-2006, 08:26 PM
sounds like a football routine to me! good luck with the off season training! you have great size, bulk say to 240 and cut, your back will look more enourmous.

Jinkies
03-19-2006, 08:32 PM
Thanks man, ive been eating like a horse trying to finish my bulking up and to get ready for summer. Ive never been below 18 percent bodyfat in my life so im excited to see how it goes

d'Anconia
03-19-2006, 08:49 PM
Yeah eventually you're going to want to do a cut and get rid of that bodyfat before football season comes around. Lose the extra weight that is from the fat and your 40 time should get quite a bit faster.