PDA

View Full Version : Poopy

PoutineEh
02-16-2006, 03:09 PM
(wasnt sure to post this here or general health, oh well)

Me like a few other people here find it hard to believe that every single piece of food you eat that can be used as calories will be used as such. Seems like some of your doo-doo butter should contain some stuff you ate (besides the undigestible). Im not saying if you eat 2 whole pizzas in a short span of time you will be crapping out whole slices of pizza, but can anyone perhaps provide a link or something explaining how everything you eat will be used as energy.

the following link doesnt look like the most scientific thing ever, but in the first paragraph, the last word, says your crap contains protein.
http://www.heptune.com/poop.html

not the most serious subject matter, but i wouldnt mind getting some legit answers.

Patz
02-16-2006, 03:13 PM
You don't use every calorie.

The daily intake that you calculate for bodyweight, whether it be for a bulk or a cut, is taking that into account. It's all approximate, but fairly accurate.

By the same token, the quality of calories you eat is important as well.

A 3k calorie diet with adequate protein, but consisting entirely of fast food is not the same of 3k clean calories.

PoutineEh
02-16-2006, 03:21 PM
woopps. i kind of meant to post this into the general chat. didnt realize this was diet section (im dumb)

Patz
02-16-2006, 03:28 PM
You did put it in gen chat..it was moved.

djreef
02-16-2006, 03:38 PM
It cracks me up when I hear people say that you absorb every last molecule of digestible nutrition out of your food. While it is extremely efficient, your digestive tract does not get it all. A good example would be when you eat a few carrots or red bell peppers, and end up with orange crap the next day. Your body didn't need the surplus carotenoid pigments, so it passed them on through. just like it does with alot of things.

DJ

Patz
02-16-2006, 03:54 PM
I have never had orange poo..

djreef
02-16-2006, 05:34 PM
Then, my friend, you need to eat more carrots.

DJ

clawhammer_33
02-16-2006, 05:45 PM
Or yams, when I was using them for a carb up, I had orange poo for several days.

PoutineEh
02-16-2006, 06:05 PM
just curious because i have read a few times people say you dont "waste" food you eat which in context meant you dont crap it out and not use the calories. just wondering to what extent this is

djreef
02-17-2006, 12:12 AM
I think that is the case when you're restricting calories, but when you've got a surplus of something that your body doesn't really feel the need to absorb completely, then it passes on through. Another good one is oils. Ever had potato pancakes? They slip right through.

DJ