PDA

View Full Version : low protein/ low fat weight gainer???

WildCard
02-17-2006, 12:35 PM
Hi guys,

I need a carb drink to use before workout on my workout days. I want one that is pure carbs for ultimate energy. I already drink optimum nutrition whey around three times a day so I dont need the extra protein. I want carbs without added protein or fat calories.

Can you suggest some good ones?
thanks

Built
02-17-2006, 12:41 PM
Dextrose.

WildCard
02-17-2006, 01:34 PM
dextrose?

can you expatiate?

getfit
02-17-2006, 01:38 PM
dextrose?

can you expatiate?

Definition of Dextrose

Dextrose: Better known today as glucose, this sugar is the chief source of energy in the body. Glucose is chemically considered a simple sugar. It is the main sugar that the body manufactures. The body makes glucose from all three elements of food, protein, fat and carbohydrates, but in largest part from carbohydrates. Glucose serves as the major source of energy for living cells. It is carried to each cell through the bloodstream. The cells cannot, however, use the glucose without the help of insulin. When sampled in blood, glucose is tested in transit.

Con
02-17-2006, 02:25 PM
And where do you obtain dextrose?

And while im asking where you get things, where do you get things like olive oil, flaxseed oil and fish oils? Sorry if its off topic but this seems like the best time to ask.

getfit
02-17-2006, 02:39 PM
you can buy dextrose online

olive oil, at the supermarket

flax seeds and fish oil you can purchase at any natural food store

Simon96Taco
02-17-2006, 03:44 PM
Dextrose is probably easiest to find at a wine or beermaking supply shop. It is used in fermentation process. Many grocery stores will have a small section devoted to wine/beermaking as well - check there for it.